Value of: Canucks Taking Your Team's Bad Contracts

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Yes that is very similar to what I offered...
We are not trading Tanev for Jake f***ing Gardiner :laugh:
Its a Bennett and a 3rd for the 1st, come on now ;) you know it's a good deal for you guys, I just really really really want Brady
Nope. Bennett is a scrub. Keep him.
You can have Bobby Ryan .. for free...just take him
You can have Loui Eriksson for free just take him...
Andrew ladd, mdc a 2nd and 3rd
For
Nucks 5th
The price to take Ladd’s awful contract is 2 1sts minimum.
Any chance you guys want kessler and bieksa back? Lol
Maybe if you retain on Kesler.

quacktastic93

Dec 9, 2017
We are not trading Tanev for Jake ****ing Gardiner :laugh:

Sure 95% retained just take him off our hands please

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
This. It never happens. There's been a few instances of taking injured players which is covered by insurance or retiring players (Datsyuk) but that's because the team doesn't actually have to pay the contract.

More likely, a non playoff team with lots of cap space can circle a good team in cap trouble like we've seen with the Blackhawks having to sell Byfuglien or Teravainen on the cheap. However this would require smart, forward thinking management so this wouldn't apply to the Canucks.
Brooks Laich to Leafs?

It was Laich + Carrick (valued at a 2nd then) + 2nd for Winnik iirc I don’t remember we traded him twice lol

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Steve Mason and 2018 5th round pick for anything you want to give up that isn't going to cost the Jets cap space.

IODCPiper

Jan 26, 2016
We are not trading Tanev for Jake ****ing Gardiner :laugh:

Lol 2 1st? You better take ladd, clutter and greiss

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Steve Mason and 2018 5th round pick for anything you want to give up that isn't going to cost the Jets cap space.
Why bother posting that? You really think any team is going to waste 4.1M in real money and cap space for a backup just to add a 5th round pick? If you do I’ve got one Sam gagner I’ll toss you along with a 6th round pick.

Now if we are being realistic we could do either mason and a 2nd for a 2 way contract, or mason and a 5th for Nilsson as suggested before

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Why bother posting that? You really think any team is going to waste 4.1M in real money and cap space for a backup just to add a 5th round pick? If you do I’ve got one Sam gagner I’ll toss you along with a 6th round pick.

Now if we are being realistic we could do either mason and a 2nd for a 2 way contract, or mason and a 5th for Nilsson as suggested before

If we are being realistic, Mason is likely more than your backup next season. It’s a flier on a guy who has been more than a backup and isn’t very old plus a pick.

If Nilsson was the counter the Jets would just keep Mason and ride out the last year of the contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad