Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign D Jordie Benn to 2-Year Deal ($2M AAV w/ limited trade protection)

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Relative to other Benning signings, this one is like...fine.

Agree that Schenn would have accomplished similar results, and usually this kind of move happens when you have a good Top 4 already and just need depth guys to make a run, but whatever cram more old mediocre bottom end players to this roster of exclusively old mediocre players.

God the bar is ****ing low.

This team is a joke.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby

Agree that Schenn would have accomplished similar results, and usually this kind of move happens when you have a good Top 4 already and just need depth guys to make a run, but whatever cram more old mediocre bottom end players to this roster of exclusively old mediocre players.

This team is a joke.

Bar? What bar? There's no bar!

Reactions: Hit the post

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Bar? What bar? There's no bar!
9577a-15559885604122-800.jpg

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
Decent deal. Decent AAV, term and all that. Basically revamped the defence at UFA day for about $10 million or so with the Graovac and Fantanberg signings too

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Would have preferred a one year deal for more money, but whatever.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
My preferred pairings:

Edler-Stecher
Hughes-Tanev
Benn-Myers

PP1 Hughes, PP2 Myers, save Edler for heavy ES and PK duty.

I like the Benn signing; fits needs and budget. Do not agree at all with a lot of what's written about Luke Schenn; he is strictly a 7/8/9 and I much prefer Biega as the fourth option at RD.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
a full season of an improved hughes /stecher, and addition of a top4 D and really solid bottom pairing guy will help us. our top6 is better with miller and improved Bo petey and boeser... we make the playoffs and lose rnd 1 is my guess

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

This team is a joke.

Cool beans, dawg.

Woof woof woof woof

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Decent signing. Now we await to see what happens with Hutton. If he gets anything in the 3m~ range then this signing was unnecessary.

Also, it seems like Benning is starting to leverage hometown connections. Myers’ wife and now this. Stecher already in the fold. Next year Barrie? (As Sting101 mentions).

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
I’m actually not even mad we let Hutton go tbh... this is a good contract...

Between Meyers and Benn... we didn’t do THAT bad.

Roster is looking solid and we should fight for a playoff spot IMO.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Had, as stated by some, a solid year in Montreal last year and he seems good value. Player that needs to keep it simple. Hard nose player that is very responsible defensively

Would love this to be a precursor to getting his brother but that's likely wishful thinking. But Jamie has talked about the desire to play with the Canucks and his brother. I just can't conceive of a deal we could make to achieve this.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I’m actually not even mad we let Hutton go tbh... this is a good contract...

Between Meyers and Benn... we didn’t do THAT bad.

Roster is looking solid and we should fight for a playoff spot IMO.

It depends upon what they let Hutton go for. If he gets in the 3m range on the open market, then I would be surprised they chose the route they did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad