Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign D Jordie Benn to 2-Year Deal ($2M AAV w/ limited trade protection)

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Nice....well done

Benns gonna play with his heart on his sleeve for his hometown team

would have liked to see Hutton back but this is an upgrade especially if Hutton is trying to get a comparable contract to Cody Ceci (4.5)

Great team guy

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Sounds like we were destined for a hometown discount here and got one.

Contract is good. I forgot Benn was coming off such a reasonable deal in the first place.

Reactions: Cogburn

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Hutton’s so called redemption year was actually still pretty bad.
Benn was quite good for Montreal last season
Look at the usage of both players last season. Easier to look good when you’re on the 3rd pairing. Not saying Hutton is a legit top 4 guy, but tell me how good a 30+ year old Benn is going to look playing top pairing minutes on a team. Especially factoring in travel schedules each team has.

IMHO, he’s more of a Schenn replacement. Better but you could’ve had a cheaper player & maybe shorter term in Schenn; plus we already know Schenn fits in well with the club (particularly Hughes).

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
Lol at Hutton replacement. Not a bad contract but an inferior player to Hutton.

Would’ve preferred keeping Schenn.
700,000 on a one year deal for someone who outplayed his previous 4 M trade/signing, isn't going to work for Jim. That's not how you make the first round of the playoffs.

Reactions: Hit the post

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
That's a good contract all things considered. I don't think he's much different than the other third pairing guys they've had the last few seasons so I don't expect improvement due to this signing. Term and $ are fine.

tiny103

Jun 28, 2008
Ottawa
At least with Benn we generally know what we get. With hutton, we'd keep hanging on to what we think he should be capa le of at likely double the cost

Reactions: Green Blank Stare

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->