Post-Game Talk: Canucks lose to Devils 2-5 (Horvat x 2)

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Honestly, this wasn't the game that was going to make or break the season. I expected them to lose pretty badly. It's Thursday's (Ducks) and Saturday's (Predators) games that are the big ones. After that it's the Eastern Canadian trip (Senators, Canadiens, and Maple Leafs). 5 games that should be winnable and the Canucks absolutely need to go something like 4-1 in order to have damn near any hope of stopping the nose dive. Even if they do that they face a murders row right afterwards: Bruins, Sabres, Kings, Golden Knights, Avalanche, and Golden Knights.

Reactions: MS

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
Arizona is full of a bunch of guys on short term contracts/journeymen trying to seize an opportunity to increase their value, earn their next contract, or get traded at the deadline. They are actually trying.

The Canucks, on the other hand, are full of a bunch of soft guys on multi year deals cashing their cheques.

Awesome that Guenter has 6 points in 8 games on an ELC while we spend 13MM on OEL and Garland.

Curious how you all rank this trade in Canucks history? Worst or second worst? It's incredible that Benning's last off-season managed to destroy the Canuck's prospects to contend for the next 5 or 6 years.

This new management's signings for JTM and Boeser are a joke as well. I really hate being a fan of this team.

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Curious how you all rank this trade in Canucks history? Worst or second worst? It's incredible that Benning's last off-season managed to destroy the Canuck's prospects to contend for the next 5 or 6 years.

This new management's signings for JTM and Boeser are a joke as well. I really hate being a fan of this team.
don’t feel guilty or some shit

i hate the vancouver canucks like they stole my sunglasses but I ain’t gonna ever love another

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
Arizona is full of a bunch of guys on short term contracts/journeymen trying to seize an opportunity to increase their value, earn their next contract, or get traded at the deadline. They are actually trying.

The Canucks, on the other hand, are full of a bunch of soft guys on multi year deals cashing their cheques.

Awesome that Guenter has 6 points in 8 games on an ELC while we spend 13MM on OEL and Garland.
There would be a glimmer of hope if they didn't extend JTM and just qualified Boeser for 1 year. At 50% retention, you could get some decent assets. Instead, they doubled down and now we not only have one of the worst teams in the NHL but also have a bottom 3 prospect pool. This is just a continuation of the Benning era.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria

In the last 20 years, given all the context and where the team was at, it is the worst. An absolute back breaker of a trade.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Jack Hughes is everything we hoped EP would be..

Someone could have made a lot of money betting on Demko being dead last in starting goalie SV% this year.

This was never gonna work without the younger 20's taking the next step. Something in the water here..

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Please please PLEASE switch JT and EP on the PP. I can't watch this anymore.

I legit feel like I could coach the special teams better than they are now. Drawing 4 names from a hat, and giving them their off hand sticks would theoretically yield an improved PK.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Horrible effort tonight.
One Pearson f*** up and this team shrinks.
2-6-2, in 10 games to start the season.

f***ing hell.

Also, f*** Jason King, f*** OEL, f*** Myers, f*** Pearson.

• Haha
Reactions: Kevinsane and quat

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
There's like 5 seconds left here.. people making something out of nothing.
and thats the exact loser mentality this team employs that Bear was shocked by. you can easily make a stretch pass and get a shot off in 5 seconds. if u watch the video there was actually 6.8 seconds when bear started looking to try to make that stretch pass as he went to retrieve the puck

EverTheCynic

May 26, 2022
If you want the Canucks to lose, it makes it much easier to watch the games.

Its like if you get lost in the woods. Dont be sad about it, build a house. See, you were lost, but now you live there. You arent alone in the woods anymore, youre home. You have severely improved your predicament.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
If you want the Canucks to lose, it makes it much easier to watch the games.

Its like if you get lost in the woods. Dont be sad about it, build a house. See, you were lost, but now you live there. You arent alone in the woods anymore, youre home. You have severely improved your predicament.

AromaticIncredibleIguana-max-1mb.gif

EDIT: Side note, this dude is, to the best of my knowledge, one of the VERY few youtubers who actually does his primitive builds legitimately (most others cheat using modern tools or a huge team of people), with ZERO help from anything or anyone. He does not narrate, he does not bring any tools except for his camera, and he shows every step of his work. This guy is a gigachard,

Last edited:

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
AromaticIncredibleIguana-max-1mb.gif

EDIT: Side note, this dude is, to the best of my knowledge, one of the VERY few youtubers who actually does his primitive builds legitimately (most others cheat using modern tools or a huge team of people), with ZERO help from anything or anyone. He does not narrate, he does not bring any tools except for his camera, and he shows every step of his work. This guy is a gigachard,
That's not a gigachard, this is a gigachard

1gob46d9uyob.jpg

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
There's like 5 seconds left here.. people making something out of nothing.
Enough time for a stretch pass and shot. Enough time to try something.

Bear wanted to try something. No one else did. Everyone else was content with going into the room down 2. Hell they were content going down by 4 before trying a little bit.

When a new player is clearly frustrated after one period of play on something you think is innocuous…well it might not be innocuous at all. It might be a symptom of the disease.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

.. and I'm sure if the situation was the Canucks down a goal at the end of the third period there would be appropriate urgency. Not the same thing.

I'm not trying to defend this poorly constructed team that for whatever reason we've been forced to watch get trotted out for half a decade or whatever. But teams run out the last 5 seconds of the first period all the time. Good teams, bad teams. There's just not much here to me.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
I also think it’s worth pausing and considering whether a coaching change would matter. I think a lot of us thought this team was extremely flawed in the way it was constructed but had enough good pieces that it would at least contend for a the playoffs. That obviously hasn’t been the case and I kind of doubt it’s just a coaching issue. I think it’s a combination of two things. This core is rotten and just isn’t as good as we hoped. Even our high end players in Hughes and Petterrson are pretty flawed, and Miller is a train wreck. The second thing, which is likely just a temporary issue, is that Demko looks like an average or below average goalie.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Honestly, this wasn't the game that was going to make or break the season. I expected them to lose pretty badly. It's Thursday's (Ducks) and Saturday's (Predators) games that are the big ones. After that it's the Eastern Canadian trip (Senators, Canadiens, and Maple Leafs). 5 games that should be winnable and the Canucks absolutely need to go something like 4-1 in order to have damn near any hope of stopping the nose dive. Even if they do that they face a murders row right afterwards: Bruins, Sabres, Kings, Golden Knights, Avalanche, and Golden Knights.

So basically the season is over and the Bedard watch will be on then...okay at least that's something to look forward to.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Columbus in particular are loaded with good young talent that we can get our hands on (and mushroom heads so to speak). Kent Johnson, Cole Sillinger, Ceulemans, etc. Obviously, we'd have to give Columbus something of obvious value (while accepting cap our way to make it work), but CBJ and the Canucks could be excellent trading partners if we truly do decide to tank for Bedard and surround him with future pieces.

What about Gudbranson?

So what you’re saying is meat and potatoes?

JR: you have the mushroom sauce, but what are you going to pour it on?

jarmo: ...

JR:

1667396482811.png

jarmo: ...

but also, Rumor: - [Friedman] Nothing imminent, but Columbus may be looking for some help at center

i would love for us to backstab JTM on a semi-discount before his no trade kicks in. gets us out from his prime years that we don't need AND his declining years we won't want AND sends a message to the young guys to wake the FFFFFF up this isn't a game anymore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad