Post-Game Talk: Canucks lose to Devils 2-5 (Horvat x 2)

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I think the majority realize it’s the personnel at this point.

I don’t think Bruce is the answer regardless.
Yeah, I do think they needed more of a hardass tough coach, like a Torts/Cassidy but at the end of the day they'd still have the same flaws that eventually get exposed.

Ruthervin

Jul 30, 2022
Seattle
Do people really think firing the coach again is the real solution here? This team is just very flawed, in terms of roster construction, team chemistry and mental toughness. Without Demko playing at a Vezina level this year, it's all getting exposed.

It's just not a good team. They'll probably go on a winning stream if/when Demko gets hot, but at the end of the day it's a mediocre team at best.

Tired of hearing it from the apologists with the excuses, not like other teams in the NHL don't deal with injuries, bad puck luck, etc.

Either this management team has to pull a couple of rabbits out of a hat with a couple of homerun moves or you're going to be stuck in no-man's land for the foreseeable future.
Agreed 100%

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Yeah, I do think they needed more of a hardass tough coach, like a Torts/Cassidy but at the end of the day they'd still have the same flaws that eventually get exposed.
It’s a terribly constructed roster, with dressing room issues. The team has to be purged and a new culture has to be instilled. It’s the only way at this point.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Rather predictable result.

Defense looked hilarious again but atleast bear looked a little better than expected.

More losses is good for a forced rebuild atleast.
And Miller with more pts good for his trade value, I still see NYI and CBJ as way too obvious fits they both need talent desperately..

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Expected result, NJD playing really well this year.

It’s sad to see as theyre a clear foible to our team, they took a step back to rebuild now it’s coming together. Exactly what we should have done.

Even without 1OA picks specifically they’ve amassed a stockpile of picks which have yielded young players as well as keeping cap space.

They’ve rebuilt their blueline in just two years- Hamilton, Marino, Siegenthaler are all top 4 additions with Nemec in the pipeline.

(Sigh)

Ruthervin

Jul 30, 2022
Seattle
Rather predictable result.

Defense looked hilarious again but atleast bear looked a little better than expected.

More losses is good for a forced rebuild atleast.
And Miller with more pts good for his trade value, I still see NYI and CBJ as way too obvious fits they both need talent desperately..
Columbus in particular are loaded with good young talent that we can get our hands on (and mushroom heads so to speak). Kent Johnson, Cole Sillinger, Ceulemans, etc. Obviously, we'd have to give Columbus something of obvious value (while accepting cap our way to make it work), but CBJ and the Canucks could be excellent trading partners if we truly do decide to tank for Bedard and surround him with future pieces.

Reactions: Nucker101

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
LB, I gotta disagree with your call in. I don't think you re-sign Horvat, though I'm happy for him he decided to show up for his contract year.

@Canucks LB
I never called in and said to re-sign Horvat, I said, I gotta give him credit he’s playing well lol

I also said it’s kind of like Horvat giving an FU to Jim, trying to sign him for cheap, basically

I called in saying we need to rebuild, and that means trading multiple players, including bo.

Thanks for listening to my call though😅

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Columbus in particular are loaded with good young talent that we can get our hands on (and mushroom heads so to speak). Kent Johnson, Cole Sillinger, Ceulemans, etc. Obviously, we'd have to give Columbus something of obvious value (while accepting cap our way to make it work), but CBJ and the Canucks could be excellent trading partners if we truly do decide to tank for Bedard and surround him with future pieces.
What about Gudbranson?

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
We actually had some decent improvement last season in defense
Not huge

Can somebody confirm if that was Shaw?
The revolving door on this organization is tough to keep up with.

Hughes looked great under Shaw.
He looks terrible, well so does every defenceman

The odd man rushes are back.
Every time I look up it is a 2-on-1, or a 3-on-1 or a breakaway.

AD16

Aug 6, 2020
Won’t belabour everything that’s already been said, overall I think we all recognize this team is bad.

Few points.

Bear looked good. Probably our best defenseman today. That clip of him looking to make an outlet pass with the first winding down but then realizing everyone else has already quit on the period summarizes this season well.

Pearson was terrible and he’s been terrible all year. Yet, there he was, out on a 6 on 4 with the goalie pulled. Just head scratching stuff. Cannot wait until we’re rid of this player.

OEL has fallen off a cliff. Guy needs to be scratched. Barely NHL calibre.

Overall, this team needs a rebuild. Even our most coveted players just aren’t good enough. Petey is all I’d really care to keep and even he will probably be looking to find any way to leave this tire fire behind.

Just tough being a fan right now. Wish there was something to be optimistic about.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
There's like 5 seconds left here.. people making something out of nothing.
Well you can see Bear going comeon guys. So you have to wonder, is this the kind of environment he is used to in Carolina and if that is, we have a lot we need to change before we can get to where Carolina is at and Carolina is not even at the level of the Lightning or Avalanche.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Well you can see Bear going comeon guys. So you have to wonder, is this the kind of environment he is used to in Carolina and if that is, we have a lot we need to change before we can get to where Carolina is at and Carolina is not even at the level of the Lightning or Avalanche.
Yeah it’s one of those small things that tells you a lot

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Yeah it’s one of those small things that tells you a lot
I think that’s why I am really on board with trading Bo. We hear all the time that MacKinnon, Crosby and those elite players are just f***ing hardcore and demand the rest of the team to be good. I don’t get that feeling from Bo, I really don’t. Like this team, you see it. Bo is doing great but where the f*** is that every single f***ing year.
The culture Benning created needs to be dismantled.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad