Post-Game Talk: Canucks lose to Devils 2-5 (Horvat x 2)

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
I dont even think we necessarily need "hardasses" in the room or behind the bench. They'd probably be an improvement over what we have now, but I think that someone like Stamkos or Crosby are just the absolute gold standard. It's less about being intense and no-nonsense, and more about caring and setting a standard. One where everyone else ought to feel ashamed for not living up to it.

I think Miller and Horvat, if the locker room rumors are to be believed, are two sides of the same shitty coin in terms of leadership. Miller is a temperamental bozo that sucks everyone into their void of misery when they're down, and Horvat just puts his head down and plays no matter what's really happening.

I think, at this point, it's obvious that Markstrom and Tanev were the real leaders of this group. Without a doubt in my mind. And leadership and culture matter, it's why Crosby is the best player of his generation.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
add Pettersson is obviously nowhere near the Mac or Mcdavids and is closer to kuz then a backstrom like player. Hughes is a not a top 10 dman, Boeser is a complimentary player on any line he plays on, and Garland is a first liner whose play style means he can't develop chemistry with anybody
Petey has undergone ZERO player development here in Vancouver.

f***ing Benning and FAQ.

Reactions: VanillaCoke

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Curious how you all rank this trade in Canucks history? Worst or second worst? It's incredible that Benning's last off-season managed to destroy the Canuck's prospects to contend for the next 5 or 6 years.

This new management's signings for JTM and Boeser are a joke as well. I really hate being a fan of this team.

Without a second thought it’s easily top 5. Benning had a lot of bad ones though.

It’s a complete misvaluing of OELs skill as a player, value as an asset and fit into the dcorps that already has a Quinn Hughes.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
I think, at this point, it's obvious that Markstrom and Tanev were the real leaders of this group. Without a doubt in my mind. And leadership and culture matter, it's why Crosby is the best player of his generation.
What does it matter who were the real leaders. Even with them the team was losing 50 games a year, 50!

I thought Benning would have all the Canuck records for ineptitude.

I didn't see the game, didn't even hear it until 2:32 left.

Oh well, it is only one game :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad