Post-Game Talk: Canucks lose to Devils 2-5 (Horvat x 2)

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
rotten-fish-smelly.png

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
@MS I'd repost your summary here.

Can't seem to quote you since the thread is closed, but I agree with your take on coaching. Team definitely needs a coaching change and a new vision for this team. Very mentally fragile team and allowing management to bring in their own guy who can assess the room and recommend changes would be ideal. They need to crack down on what the hell is wrong mentally with these guys and fix it. No idea how they're going to do it.

Reactions: B-rock and geebaan

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
The Devils are a fun team to watch.

So many good skaters on that team.

We got the NJD broadcast in Finland; The audio was odd. Almost no sound from ice and very little from the crowd. The Devils play by play guys said there were boos again but none was audible on the broadcast. How was it for you guys?

Reactions: M2Beezy and xigon

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
The Devils are a fun team to watch.

So many good skaters on that team.

We got the NJD broadcast in Finland; The audio was odd. Almost no sound from ice and very little from the crowd. The Devils play by play guys said there were boos again but none was audible on the broadcast. How was it for you guys?

They are f***ing with the sound for sure these days

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I’ll keep reiterating this but, do not split up Mikheyev/Pettersson/Kuzmenko. Ever. Only line capable of something despite what the results say.

At the very least, don’t split up Pettersson/Kuzmenko.
Kuzmenko and Pettersson are playing some really good hockey right now.

Mikheyev is extremely limited offensively and I think while his speed is an asset on that line off the rush and he is defensively sound, he severely limits what they can do after gaining the zone.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Arizona is a better team than us now. With actual prospects.

Arizona is full of a bunch of guys on short term contracts/journeymen trying to seize an opportunity to increase their value, earn their next contract, or get traded at the deadline. They are actually trying.

The Canucks, on the other hand, are full of a bunch of soft guys on multi year deals cashing their cheques.

Awesome that Guenter has 6 points in 8 games on an ELC while we spend 13MM on OEL and Garland.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad