Post-Game Talk: Canucks Lose 7-3 To Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
This! Along with “circling back to” Troy from Richmond. I don’t understand how a management team can be so single-minded they can’t, you know, multi-task, pick up the phone, etcetera. Basic professionalism.

I'm 100% sure Green did not like Stecher for whatever reason. Either way he's lost the room now. Green needs to be canned ASAP and FA needs to start the GM search too.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C

he's right except for the "so much talent" part!!!

You never know, maybe all it take is actually getting a proper NHL coach in here that can teach this team a system. We have not shown any structure whatsoever since Green started his tenure here. Just an AHL coach that's way over his head.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
The schedule is not some mystery or surprise. They knew what it was months ago. There should have been a plan. Spell off your Sutters and Roussels with Baileys and Michaelises. Sit an Edler for one of the predictable Ottawa blowouts.

Instead Edler somehow played his 2nd highest TOI of the season in a 7-1 blowout in the 3rd Ottawa game and Green hasn’t rested a single 30+ veteran a single time this year.

No shit they’re probably tired. But they have nobody to blame but themselves. You think a team like TB wouldn’t have had a plan to get through a stretch like this? Just another example of a clueless organization from the top down.
Again, there's no tired excuses for the games in Montreal (plus they are a healthy roster)..but 4 games in 6 nights?..with travel.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
When you get a 4th line player like Spezza scoring a hat-trick against you....you know you're in trouble. :(

No Defense no goalie.....equals one of the worst teams in the league.
Im sure Beagle will do it next game

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Barring some of sort of unexpected miracle in these next two games against the Leafs, the Canucks come off the road 6-10 and they're already past the quarter pole of the season.

At what point does the tank thread reappear and the draft speculation officially begin?

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Matthews Marner Nylander reilly combined 10 pts tonight

Matthews is an absolute beast. A top-5 goal scorer in the league + top-5 defensive center in the league. If it wasn't for his abuse of that female security guard (and subsequent attempt to stupidly cover it up) it would be getting a lot more media attention.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
@Waterbuf

Walks is speaking on 650, saying that tonight is a reason why you "don't sweat the small stuff."

You know, the small stuff like signing horrendous long term contracts to Sutter, Loui, Beagle, Roussel, Myers and all the horrendous contracts before those, Sbisa, Gudbranson Gagner (do we even remember that?).

You know, Walks who tweeted this.

JPat doesn't shill that shit. Walks and iMac do it regularly.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I know official Canucks tweet gotta pump the tires, but come on haha...

You know what that tweet reminds me of? That minister of foreign relations or something from Hussein's regime, Baghdad Bob:

"We have them surrounded in their tanks."

ENvpLA-WkAAXxL3.jpg

Reactions: valkynax

lawrence

May 19, 2012
we get torched by the Habs.... destroyed by the laffs.... it's going to be an ugly road trip.

If we are still in 2 conferneces rather then Canadian division we be the Western (Ottawa Senators) my gosh they beat the habs, its quite funny how things can change.

expect us to get our asses lit up the next 2 games. I hate the stupid Leafs , mainly because their fans (i'm saying this in our forum) but looks like they will torch our ass again. Thornton who is injured can play injured and probably score 3 goals against us.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Not buying the additional travel excuse one bit, especially given how this North division schedule/COVID schedule works.

They are playing a baseball style schedule. They are posting up in the same road city for multiple days at a time and the amount of travel legs, i.e packing, busing to airport, clearing customs, flight, bussing to hotel is significantly reduced.

In any other year a 4 games in 6 nights requires 4 travel legs including traveling between a back-to-back. On this stint they went WPG to MTL, then MTL to TOR. Effectively half the travel.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
we get torched by the Habs.... destroyed by the laffs.... it's going to be an ugly road trip.

If we are still in 2 conferneces rather then Canadian division we be the Western (Ottawa Senators) my gosh they beat the habs, its quite funny how things can change.

expect us to get our asses lit up the next 2 games. I hate the stupid Leafs , mainly because their fans (i'm saying this in our forum) but looks like they will torch our ass again. Thornton who is injured can play injured and probably score 3 goals against us.

Amd the hat trick goal will come on a 2 on 0 with old man Spezza. Two guys who can’t skate will find their way behind the defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad