Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Coyotes - 5-1 (Garland, Horvat, Pettersson, Miller, Boeser)

Favourite #21 memory?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
booing roussel i don’t like

booing eriksson is like when gino beat up jason strudwick, maybe a little mean but necessary for the collective good

They showed up blame management for that group if contracts dont think they care bank accounts are fine still playing

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
and 100% of those 80% of Canucks fans have no idea where in the USA he was or when or where he caught covid. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, doesn't make it right especially when the only thing they know is he was in the USA. Yes covid has changed lives and changes how we make decisions, but we are still allowed to live lives and go outside.

Should all these players never leave the arena except on a team bus to a team private charter since they could catch covid outside of the arena? All the employees within Rogers arena can no longer leave rogers arena as they could get covid and pass it on to a player when they come back to the arena.

No but a trip to vegas you didnt need to take adds risk there is no way around it adds more risk you cannot plan where to avoid covid so make better decisions and reduce the chances a failure to plan is a plan to fail always.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
No but a trip to vegas you didnt need to take adds risk there is no way around it adds more risk you cannot plan where to avoid covid so make better decisions and reduce the chances a failure to plan is a plan to fail always.
Who says he was in Vegas? Theres reports saying he was NOT in Vegas. If he wasn't in Vegas, common sense would indicate he was probably home in Florida. Doesn't mean he was at home in Florida, but its at least a logical assumption. Sounds like you are assuming and spewing nonsense on trying to control how people live their lives.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Who says he was in Vegas? Theres reports saying he was NOT in Vegas. So sounds like you are assuming and spewing nonsense based off your assumption trying to control how people live their lives based off the assumption

Multiple reports from radio among others said he went to cheer his brother on at all star game i dont expect anyone to be controlled id expect important people in his profession to make wise decisions that respect his team and fans he should do that himself .

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
It’s a bit of a pipe dream, but imagine players like Miller, Schenn, Podkolzin, etc. ramping up the intensity in the playoffs. Shoot that into my veins and dreams

Reactions: mathonwy

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Sell Sell Sell... let's get some quality young players in this lineup. Hopefully we'd at least come out with some hop every night.

It's my birthday, so I was hoping for an entertaining game at least lol.
Happy birthday BWJM!! Mine was just last week too! :hbday::cheers:

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Got to consider the opposition but pretty good effort in the absence of Hughes. However, still too dependent on Demko

Good

Demko - could have been a different story if he wasn't outstanding in the first (and throughout actually). Very strong

Myers - controlled large parts of the game. People want to go after Myers and get on about him being on a bloated contract. But again and again this season he has been good value for it. Some like to use the occasional off game as the norm but those have usually occurred at the end of road trips where he has been played to death. Was the backbone of the defense in this game and good both ways

OEL - could make a case for him on the PP. Maybe the one area this year where Hughes hasn't excelled. Seems to have gotten beyond the nagging injury that was hurting his play and very good puck movement in this game

Boeser - best game in a while. Even before the goal was skating a lot better. You could almost have predicted a goal was coming. It was Arizona and they looked pretty shaky on the PK but still Boeser was good in this game

Garland - seemed to have in for the team that traded him away. Darting around and trouble for the Yotes all game.

Miller - just on the goal alone. Absolutely our best player and one of the best in the League. Canucks have to be looking for some way to keep him. You won't easily ever replaced such a player.

Motte - line missed Highmore but right now you can put Motte in any situation and he will deliver. Another the team must somehow keep.

Bad

Dickinson - per usual the weakest player. Chiasson, right now, is preferable. Only player, outside of Burroughs, that was a minus (and he was particularly awful covering his point on that shift). Not sure why Highmore was out but it is clearly Dickinson that should be sat out and I would say waived. (he won't be picked up) Only thing good about this player is okay is that his buy out isn't too harsh. Absolute rubbish.

Others

Burroughs - guy is plenty tough. Crouse wanted to tune him up but ended up getting a couple of hard shots to the jaw and some swollen knuckles after banging them off Burroughs' helmet. Went to the body well but confused coverage around the net put the team in trouble way too often

Juulsen - showed enough to have some hope. Nice play on the opening goal and made some decent play coming out of his end. But badly exposed by Keller's speed to the outside.

Hunt - ended up getting tied up in traffic too much. Has been playing a little better but could easily be called bad in this game. Sometimes making plays into too much of panic mode and passing was off.

Pettersson - game that gives you some sanguinity. Flashes of offensive brilliance on the goal and the clever pass to Boeser. Shots still flying high and wide, and likely as not to end up hitting anywheres along the end boards, but skating better and not so much on his butt. I'd say leave the line of Hoglander and Podkolzin together.

Horvat - scored but overall didn't do much and in fast moving game (as games across the League are getting to be) he wasn't always able to stay in the play. He is just not that valuable when compared to players like Miller, Motte, Garland etc.. He simply is not a good skater and the direction the team must move in, is to improve this.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
I don’t understand why the NHL is hell bent on making that marker work.

Bettman just wont let it go even bigger questions soon they need a building and how long do you draw fans and corporate support in that situation its unfair to loyal fans but at what point do they say enough?
Watched the first time they went under Bettman dug in how much more cash can he find to burn there?

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Horvat - scored but overall didn't do much and in fast moving game (as games across the League are getting to be) he wasn't always able to stay in the play. He is just not that valuable when compared to players like Miller, Motte, Garland etc.. He simply is not a good skater and the direction the team must move in, is to improve this.

I wonder what his value around the league is at this point. the mainboard still thinks he's RoR :laugh:

Need to trade him before everyone figures out that he's a fraud

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Bettman just wont let it go even bigger questions soon they need a building and how long do you draw fans and corporate support in that situation its unfair to loyal fans but at what point do they say enough?
Watched the first time they went under Bettman dug in how much more cash can he find to burn there?
The 3200 capacity is a f***ing joke, make the NHL looks like an amateur league. They should just let the coyotes go play in a different city until they get their shit together.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
The 3200 capacity is a f***ing joke, make the NHL looks like an amateur league. They should just let the coyotes go play in a different city until they get their shit together.

Like lots of the difficulties covid causes and its different in every region rules and mandates i understand but its been a shitshow for sure and im with you on move them where the financial support will grow hear Houston pop up might be a tough sell but its bigger has a natural rival close .

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Is the age difference between the Sedins and Kesler much different than Miller and Pettersson?

Agree with everything Orcatown said. Pt a game line driver with fire vs a 2nd liner who struggles to keep up most nights.

Last edited:
Reactions: Indiana

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Is the difference between the Sedins and Kesler much different than Miller and Pettersson?

Agree with everything Orcatown said. Pt a game line driver with fire vs a 2nd liner who struggles to keep up most nights.

Think sedins and kesler ar prime were as a package better that said miller can carry a team if the other stars today did we are not talking bubble team at best )
Different players cant directly compare easily.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Interesting to see the effect of the OEL-Myers pairing being split. Myers posts a 32% share of expected goals for against one of the worst teams in the league, while OEL does 48% and has a 3 point night.

Myers "resurgence" is actually just the effect of having a better partner than Edler this season; He's trash and can be replaced by a $1M guy this summer.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I'm thinking OEL really needed the break. He was on puck and way more active then I can remember the last dozen games++..

Hopefully it was an injury that was nagging him earlier.. and now he's healthy... That would be huge to see this level of engagement continue...
Massively rewarded with a three pt night...

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
I'm thinking OEL really needed the break. He was on puck and way more active then I can remember the last dozen games...

Hopefully it was an injury that was nagging him earlier.. and now he's healthy... That would be a huge to see this level of engagement continue...
Massively rewarded with a three pt night...

He definitely looks better still needs some help Myers this year has been better too issue is any injuries and the fill ins to a degree just not good enough

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Is the difference between the Sedins and Kesler much different than Miller and Pettersson?

Yes. Sedins would literally dominate games, teams would go entire shifts just chasing them in the cycle. Kesler was also a two way beast, no player on this current team is the same.

Goes beyond just point totals. That 1-2 center punch was way tougher to play against than anything this team has had since then

Man I miss when this team was hated and hard to play against

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Think sedins and kesler ar prime were as a package better that said miller can carry a team if the other stars today did we are not talking bubble team at best )
Different players cant directly compare easily.
Pettersson once he gets himself back to being a scoring star in the league with Miller a pt a game line driver is comparable in age difference and potentially overall impact to Sedin and Kesler.

Horvat is a mid tier 2nd liner who looks like he's not gonna age well with his sluggish skating and ok defensive play. I like them all and would be ok keeping Bo as well but moving Miller because he's 2 yrs older is a step back to any chance to compete within the next 5 yrs if you ask me and thats what we should be doing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad