Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Coyotes - 5-1 (Garland, Horvat, Pettersson, Miller, Boeser)

Favourite #21 memory?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Im not going to lie I dont think I ever felt bad for a team, but I feel bad for Arizona in general.

It's an extremely depressing franchise.

Even when we were (feels terrific to use past-tense here) a trainwreck, there was still lots of chaos and fun with following the team.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Sacrifice all personal life for glory of the team.what a take

Ok go be an immature kid without considering your obligations and responsibilities to your employer what does that get rest of us usually fired .

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Ok go be an immature kid without considering your obligations and responsibilities to your employer what does that get rest of us usually fired .
Well he is a kid. If your employer fires you because you caught Covid during vacation, I am pretty sure you can sue your employer.
Edit: actually I am 100% sure you can sue your employer and you’ll get a great payday from that.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
the-outpost-outpost-series.gif

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Yes id take chycrun over him all day long among a couple of others his have fun in vegas stunt was completely disrespectful to team and fans 8 million worth and he would draw good return and free up money .

He’s a far better player than Chychrun. It isn’t even close. And I like Chychrun.

And I’m not going to get too upset about a young guy going to see his brother (who he hasn’t seen in months) and cheer him on at the ASG.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Well he is a kid. If your employer fires you because you caught Covid during vacation, I am pretty sure you can sue your employer.
I know but his contract and position come with some serious responsibility imagine 4 losses that kill a playoff run after by 2 points he may be young but how would you look at him as gm or owner losses of millions in revenues and likely not this year but professionalism is an attitude that wasnt it

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I know but his contract and position come with some serious responsibility imagine 4 losses that kill a playoff run after by 2 points he may be young but how would you look at him as gm or owner losses of millions in revenues and likely not this year but professionalism is an attitude that wasnt it
By that logic, no player should leave their house all season long.

Wanna go eat out a restaurant? Selfish unprofessional. Wanna go for a bike ride along the seawall? Selfish unprofessional. You’re safer all day at home than leaving the house.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
He’s a far better player than Chychrun. It isn’t even close. And I like Chychrun.

And I’m not going to get too upset about a young guy going to see his brother (who he hasn’t seen in months) and cheer him on at the ASG.

So every canuck has same latitude? Cant put me first in his situation i have a brother i didnt see for 5 yrs both worked in different country we survived so would he .

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver

Wanna go eat out a restaurant? Selfish unprofessional. Wanna go for a bike ride along the seawall? Selfish unprofessional. You’re safer all day at home than leaving the house.
classic case where a sports fan thinks sports trumps anything else in life. Theres no getting through with those kind of fans

Reactions: Nucker101

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC

Think going to vegas during an epidemic is not a wise plan just to visit thats a known risk and hes educated poor excuse .

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
It’s in his contractual right to take a vacation wherever he wants. Actually there are things in his contracts that states exactly what he can and cannot do, like skiing and stuff. Players are already limited by what they can and cannot do and honestly they deserve a f***ing break considering the shit they have to deal with because of the pandemic.

Imagine seeing every player take off and somehow he is the only one that shouldn’t take off because he is too important?? He is f***ing human man.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
classic case where a sports fan thinks sports trumps anything else in life. Theres no getting through with those kind of fans

Lol no if i was his owner id probably be asking same questions id ask my kid same ones responsibility during a season should be serious and taken as such

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
It’s in his contractual right to take a vacation wherever he wants. Actually there are things in his contracts that states exactly what he can and cannot do, like skiing and stuff. Players are already limited by what they can and cannot do and honestly they deserve a f***ing break considering the shit they have to deal with because of the pandemic.

Imagine seeing every player take off and somehow he is the only one that shouldn’t take off because he is too important?? He is f***ing human man.

Let em all go are you gonna pay to watch the ahl version at nhl prices?

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Think going to vegas during an epidemic is not a wise plan just to visit thats a known risk and hes educated poor excuse .
Of course the team would prefer if he didn’t but come on, you can’t control what these guys choose to do outside of games/practice and not should you attempt to. If he went out there just to party then yeah it’d be more annoying but still totally within his rights(assuming he followed any protocols and didn’t do anything illegal). But he went to support his brother, that’s totally fine with me.

To trade away your franchise player over that is a hell of an overreaction and a terrible way to run a NHL team

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC

Yes believing taking your job seriously more so im his position we all have some of those responsibilities we dont like should we all just accept its ok not to consider consequences paint it any way you like he didn't hurts canucks out of it poor immature way to conduct himself.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Lol no if i was his owner id probably be asking same questions id ask my kid same ones responsibility during a season should be serious and taken as such
See thats the issue. You think the Canucks, the employer of Hughes, are his owners/parents. You literally said if I was his owner... You realize slavery was abolished a long time ago for good reason right? Being an employer does not entitle you to info nor any authority on how someone lives their life outside of work. If you were my employer I'd say I'm on my entitled vacation its none of your business. If you kept barking up that wrong tree I'd report you for unprofessional illegal conduct.

Reactions: calnuck

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Burroughs held up fine against Crouse. Makes me think he would’ve knocked Roussel out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad