Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Coyotes - 5-1 (Garland, Horvat, Pettersson, Miller, Boeser)

Favourite #21 memory?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
See thats the issue. You think the Canucks, the employer of Hughes, are his owners/parents. You literally said if I was his owner... You realize slavery was abolished a long time ago for good reason right? Being an employer does not entitle you to info nor any authority on how someone lives their life outside of work. If you were my employer I'd say I'm on my entitled vacation its none of your business. If you kept barking up that wrong tree I'd report you for unprofessional illegal conduct.
Ive already talked to quite a few old buddies i played hockey with 2 were pros not nhl but both said man we would have our asses kicked team first always i doubt everyone in his dressing room is happy or wanted him out yes kids will make mistakes let them go without consequences how does that work in life or career any other time no issue vegas ? dont you think that during covid shouldnt have crossed his mind ?

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Im drinking coffee dont smoke it lay off making false statements

And I thought you were one of us

2IZ9pID.gif

Reactions: Indiana

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
If you are buying tickets to see games during the pandemic, then you should factor in the possibility of seeing an inferior product due to the pandemic

Not because they wanna do vegas or spring break

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Technically they negotiated an Olympic break so they are already getting the short end of the stick because that was taken away from them.
Look being smart and a leader takes making some decisions that arnt fun thats the real world

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Ive already talked to quite a few old buddies i played hockey with 2 were pros not nhl but both said man we would have our asses kicked team first always i doubt everyone in his dressing room is happy or wanted him out yes kids will make mistakes let them go without consequences how does that work in life or career any other time no issue vegas ? dont you think that during covid shouldnt have crossed his mind ?
So what i'm hearing is 2 semi-pro former athletes reminiscing about what would have happened in the old days where a lot of things done back then are illegal now think he shouldnt have done it because of the illegal treatment he could have received back then.

You, nor they know anything besides that Hughes was in the USA. For all anyone knows he was at home in Florida. If anyone gave him shit without any just cause, I'd be trading them first and foremost over anyone else on the team. I wouldnt want my locker room filled with players that would assume and belittle and cause issues with another teammate just because they got sick and couldnt play.

Also saying he made a mistake is you making a mistake. What mistake did Hughes exactly make? Leaving Canada? Thats legally allowed for every Canadian citizen. You here want to punish an American for going back to his home country. I hope you arent in charge of any employees. If you are, my condolences to those employees. You literally would be threatening and trying to hold an American citizen hostage in Canada

Last edited:
Reactions: DonnyNucker

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
You realize there was an NHL event in Vegas right? If he had been part of the ASG and gotten sick, how would that be any different?

I do he wasnt a part of games now that part go ahead debate but smart wise thoughts say hey my teams clawing to get respectable maybe a small shot at playoffs im gonna not like it but stay safe this bug gets guys who do that lets not take chances
Thats professional attitude tell me where it isnt?

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Look being smart and a leader takes making some decisions that arnt fun thats the real world
Having worked and currently working at some of the biggest companies in the world, I can tell you that taking vacation is encouraged and high level important people do it all the time. The key this is that good org knows that it’s important to not have completely dependency on one person which is what the Benning has managed here with the Canucks.

you are describing expectations that a small mom and pop store would have on their employees

calnuck

Nov 26, 2010
CA
Having worked and currently working at some of the biggest companies in the world, I can tell you that taking vacation is encouraged and high level important people do it all the time. The key this is that good org knows that it’s important to not have completely dependency on one person which is what the Benning has managed here with the Canucks.
Don't bother trying to argue with this guy. He lives in some bizarro world, not reality.

hookshott

Dec 13, 2016
Capitals and punctuation have not been banned.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
So what i'm hearing is 2 semi-pro former athletes reminiscing about what would have happened in the old days where a lot of things done back then are illegal now think he shouldnt have done it because of the illegal treatment he could have received back then.

You, nor they know anything besides that Hughes was in the USA. For all anyone knows he was at home in Florida. If anyone gave him shit without any just cause, I'd be trading them first and foremost over anyone else on the team. I wouldnt want my locker room filled with players that would assume and belittle and cause issues with another teammate just because they got sick and couldnt play.

Also saying he made a mistake is you making a mistake. What mistake did Hughes exactly make? Leaving Canada? Thats legally allowed for every Canadian citizen, let alone you here trying to hold an American hostage in Canada saying he made a mistake for going back to his home country.

Well about 80% and all canucks fans thought wasnt smart at all his priorities should be his team now sucks but its life. Discussion did say covid is making lots of this a totally different world no one likes how we make best decisions we can not fun ones.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Burroughs held up fine against Crouse. Makes me think he would’ve knocked Roussel out

Burroughs has proven himself to be a surprisingly capable scrapper this season. Definitely a tough customer.

Juulsen with another solid outing and two apples to show for it. His career renaissance season continues.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Vancouver
Nice to see a goal from all our too 5 forwards… also a strong night for Burroughs.

Keep JT and give him the C. I’ve said it before but he’s the real heartbeat and leader of this team, not Bo.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Fun game, great to see all the top players rack up points. Wasn’t a fan of booing Eriksson and Roussel tho, thought it was cheap.

booing roussel i don’t like

booing eriksson is like when gino beat up jason strudwick, maybe a little mean but necessary for the collective good

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Nice to see a goal from all our too 5 forwards… also a strong night for Burroughs.

Keep JT and give him the C. I’ve said it before but he’s the real heartbeat and leader of this team, not Bo.
Agree with you there )

Reactions: Indiana

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Well about 80% and all canucks fans thought wasnt smart at all his priorities should be his team now sucks but its life. Discussion did say covid is making lots of this a totally different world no one likes how we make best decisions we can not fun ones.
and 100% of those 80% of Canucks fans have no idea where in the USA he was or when or where he caught covid. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, doesn't make it right especially when the only thing they know is he was in the USA. Yes covid has changed lives and changes how we make decisions, but we are still allowed to live lives and go outside.

Should all these players never leave the arena except on a team bus to a team private charter since they could catch covid outside of the arena? All the employees within Rogers arena can no longer leave rogers arena as they could get covid and pass it on to a player when they come back to the arena. They should all really think about how their decision to leave the arena and go home to their roommates/family/outside world increases their risk to exposure to covid. How selfish of them when they at least have a whole 100+ community they could live and mingle with unlike the rest of us! They could infect a player and force the player to miss games if they ever leave the arena! Will somebody please think about how a player may miss games if any one of them leaves the arena for the love of god!?!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad