December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Weber isn't that bad producing shots on the PP

sjXSICP.png

Kinda funny that Tanev leads defenseman in shots/60 all PP

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
like when i watch weber i see a guy thats comfortable moving the puck towards the bad guys, very comfortable on the PP and uncomfortable moving backwards, which is ok, because he's moving forwards more often than hes moving backwards

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
It was 21 points, Tanner Glass even hit like 16 once.

I missing the relevance here. If you followed the team last year, you would know that Weber was the big reason for our strong PP going down the stretch and formed a good pairing with Hamhuis.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
tanev is probably a top 15-20 dman in the nhl right now, if he learned how to shoot kesler-style he would be a perennial norris candidate

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I cheer for any canuck that plays because I love the team.

Weber is a bad defenseman. That's what it is. Ideally he's a #7. I don't like him because he's ****ing. bad. at. hockey.

He isn't bad at hockey.

You are arguing that he is a better option than Luca Sbisa.

Difference here is that your argument consists of "he's bad" while ours consists of trying to use the statistics that prove he isn't.

Is he a top four D? No. Is he a serviceable bottom pair PP guy? Yes. Is the team better off with Yanick Weber playing 82 games than Luca Sbisa? Yes.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I missing the relevance here. If you followed the team last year, you would know that Weber was the big reason for our strong PP going down the stretch and formed a good pairing with Hamhuis.
You mentioned his production and I filled in the part you left out.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
He isn't bad at hockey.

You are arguing that he is a better option than Luca Sbisa.

Difference here is that your argument consists of "he's bad" while ours consists of trying to use the statistics that prove he isn't.

Is he a top four D? No. Is he a serviceable bottom pair PP guy? Yes. Is the team better off with Yanick Weber playing 82 games than Luca Sbisa? Yes.

I'm arguing who's the bigger liability.

Weber's skill set is supposed to be his shot on the PP. That's fine and good and true but he's IQ level is poor.

Sbisa is dumb as **** but at least on the PK he is good.

I'm basically saying trade dog **** for cat **** and have some bolster to a special team that we're struggling in.

We're 22nd in PP, Weber isn't doing **** all to help bolster that.

He's not an NHL defenseman. Neither is Sbisa. If we had a solid D group neither would be in this discussion.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
tanev is probably a top 15-20 dman in the nhl right now, if he learned how to shoot kesler-style he would be a perennial norris candidate

*should

Even with a heavy shot, I don't think he plays a flashy enough game to catch the eye of some/most media guys.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008

Lol I love Tanev as much as anyone here but man that is a stretch

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
i dont mean literally keslers shot, i mean if he underwent the same radical transformation in ability that kesler did when he taught himself how to shoot. its tanev's biggest weakness by far

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Lol I love Tanev as much as anyone here but man that is a stretch

it probably is simply because even if he did have that shot he wouldn't get league wide attention due to lack of name value and the way he plays. though he'd churn out results similar to norris candidates.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
what a catastrophe of a road trip that really should've been an opportunity to rack up points considering the nightmare of a schedule the team has in the next month

defence is an absolute tire fire and this team is a tanev or edler injury away from draft lottery status...weber, bartkowski, sbisa (when he returns) are replacement level players that shouldn't be part of any heavy minutes of a nhl club, and wd has no choice but to feed hutton minutes when it looks like he could really use a rest

i'd also like to give a shout out to the sedins, daniel sedin especially with his effort tonight, who continue to put out the most consistent efforts on the entire team and drag this team out of the nhl basement on a nightly basis

Dugray

No Gifs This Time
Nov 22, 2006
Longueuil
Well I was at this game. Let's just say that watching this was like a train wreck in slow motion. As soon as it was 3-0 I told my friend they were about to engage choke mode. Of course the short handed goal followed shortly thereafter. They stopped playing in the 2nd period.

Definitely more painful to watch the choke job live though. The Canucks are now 0-3 with me in attendance. One day I'll get to see them win a game.

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013
How to beat the Canucks:
Pressure any defenseman not named Tanev or Hutton and enjoy your odd man rush. Rinse, repeat, win game.

brokenhole

Aug 12, 2015
20 pages of Sbisa v Weber, couple of borderline 6-7 d-men shows how pathetic this blueline core is. Keep Tanev and Hutton get rid of the rest of the crap.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
How we're still in second place, I don't know. Time to get some wins here.

The Pacific division atm:
LA 22 points
Vancouver 20 points
San Jose 19 points
Arizona 18 points
Anahem 16 points

There is 3 teams within striking distance that can take our spot with a good few games and if the team keeps playing bad they will.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad