Post-Game Talk: Canucks 3 @ Habs 4 (OT) || *unintelligble yelling*

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
When the Habs scored to make it 3-3, I just started fast-forwarding. Okay...where's the Habs' winning goal...where is it...where is it...oh, overtime...still waiting...and there it is. Just knew as soon as the momentum turned the Canucks would never actually turn it back.

Yeah, not much in the way of reason to watch the games this except to keep tabs on the kids. Unless a big shakeup trade is coming to upgrade our putrid D, it's just going to be another dismal 1st round playoff knockout if we even get there. This season's just got that feeling to it. Young kids aren't ready to take over from the vets, vets aren't good enough to compete with the real contenders in the NHL.

Matthews or bust.

I missed this one, how was Shinky?

There. On a line with Cracknell and Dorsett. Pretty unremarkable. Couldn't get free, couldn't use his hands, basically smothered. Baertschi 2.0. But hey, it was his first game. Actually give him a shot with good offensive players and see how he does.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
If we extend Hansen's contract( I hope we do) you have to think he'll be making closet to 4m ?

You have to factor in age and expected production from when the new contract kicks in.

Hansen is signed until 2017. Born in 1986, so in 2017 he turns 31.

He's a RW, so if the expectation that come the 2017-2018 season, you see Boeser join Virtanen on the right side, then Hansen can still be a competent and solid 3rd line RW.

Really depends if there are any other prospects that can play the right side. Is Alex Grenier capable of being a 3rd line RW or if he makes the NHL, he's a 4th line guy?

Out of all of the players the Canucks have on the roster that were drafted prior to 2010, he's the only one I would say that they should re-sign once his contract expires. But, the term has to be right.

As a comparable, if you take a guy like Frolik who signed for 5 years at $21.5 million, so $4.3 million against the cap, that might be the range. But, Frolik was born in 1988, so he's 2 years younger, so in 3 years time, he will turn 31, the age that Hansen would begin his next contact. Thus he would have 2 years left when Hansen starts his new deal. I'm sure Hansen would push for at least a 4 to 5 year deal. How far do you want to pay Hansen until? Age 34, 35, 36? That's really the kicker. I'd rather go higher cap hit and get 1 year less on the term. Only so many times can you call Arizona, Carolina, and Florida to take a higher cap, lower salary contract.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
Woooow... Just wow. Went to bed at 3-0 thinking this was a wrap. Wake up to catch the highlights and realize VAN lost 4-3. That's weak. Weak. Weak. Weak.

The twins were good, as was Marky (but he has to stop the 3rd one, has to) and McCann. Seriously though, WD has to fix the PP. Can't be allowing SH goals every other PP! Also, 3 on 3 is a joke. At least when Vancouver does it.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Glad i didnt watch this garbage

Howd Shincky do first game? :)

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
Forgot, the refs were a joke. Loads of 50/50 calls going the Habs way. Also, clear cut tripping call missed just before the 3-2 goal. It sounds like an excuse (because it is) but definitely was a factor.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Vancouver
I still don't get why WD doesn't line match, what the actual ****

And Weber and Hamhuis together on OT?????

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
I do not like to admit it.

But it's true. I too think Sbisa is the best option outside of Tanev or Biega to play with Hutton.

I'm glad that we've found common ground to accept Sbisa's awfulness but realize that he's better than Weber.

Kumbaya damnit.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Shinkaruk looked really good. In a world of balanced rookie-ness he deserved Virtanen's spot.

I love the youth movement but at this point I think we almost have too much.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Forgot, the refs were a joke. Loads of 50/50 calls going the Habs way. Also, clear cut tripping call missed just before the 3-2 goal. It sounds like an excuse (because it is) but definitely was a factor.

Well this is what you expect in Montreal. They always have to be in the game.

We still beat ourselves more than the Habs did.

And I'm sticking to my opinion that their goal song sounds like weird North Korean propaganda.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
When the Habs scored to make it 3-3, I just started fast-forwarding. Okay...where's the Habs' winning goal...where is it...where is it...oh, overtime...still waiting...and there it is. Just knew as soon as the momentum turned the Canucks would never actually turn it back.

Yeah, not much in the way of reason to watch the games this except to keep tabs on the kids. Unless a big shakeup trade is coming to upgrade our putrid D, it's just going to be another dismal 1st round playoff knockout if we even get there. This season's just got that feeling to it. Young kids aren't ready to take over from the vets, vets aren't good enough to compete with the real contenders in the NHL.

Matthews or bust.

There. On a line with Cracknell and Dorsett. Pretty unremarkable. Couldn't get free, couldn't use his hands, basically smothered. Baertschi 2.0. But hey, it was his first game. Actually give him a shot with good offensive players and see how he does.

Lol called the OT loss when the score was 3-1

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Shinkaruk looked really good. In a world of balanced rookie-ness he deserved Virtanen's spot.

I love the youth movement but at this point I think we almost have too much.

It's too much if you want to basically bench them in the 3rd period.

I would like to see WD use the rookies more in prominent roles. Shinkaruk playing top 6 minutes wouldn't hurt the team IMO.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
weber is still without doubt the better defenceman

Better than who?.....the guy can't dislodge a pee-wee from the puck in his own zone, and if he isn't doing anything on the pp or on offense, then he's a huge liability....if the guy hadn't got hot at the end of last year and put up 10 goals on the pp I doubt the 'Nucks would even have re-signed him...it's a testament to how bad the blueline is that they had to bring him back.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I'm glad that we've found common ground to accept Sbisa's awfulness but realize that he's better than Weber.

Kumbaya damnit.

but we haven't

weber's been **** this year but this powerplay turnover nonsense won't continue the whole season. sbisa will continue to be awful 5 on 5. i'm not ready to anoint one as better than the other when they've both played under 15 games this year..

meh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad