Injury Report: Canucks 2017-2018 Injury Thread

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Bure's record will still stand .

Maybe we get Svehnikov this draft and he can put a real score into that record next year.

Rest up Brock !

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
DXoHcuzUMAAqTgx.jpg:large

Dr Black

Oct 31, 2015
What the... did he really do that? Not that I have a high opinion if iMac anyway but even I thought he would be better than this.

Yes, he did. He said something to the extent

" If Barzel get's injured, just a minor injury, nothing serious, it would help Boeser win the Calder"

Then minutes later, Brock Boeser suffers a serious injury. A play that was an inch or two away from maybe being a catastrophic career-ending, in a worst-case scenario, crippling injury.

Karma from the IMac comment? Maybe, or maybe just coincidence. Scary stuff none the less.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Sucks to see him hang at that 29 goal mark. Nothing you can do tho. Glad for his health he’s going to be ok.

Also wonder about lingering effects from a broken back going forward in his career ....

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
You can see pictures of what the transverse process is, which is good in the fact it was a structural supporting vertebrae.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Also, can someone ask the organization why he wasn’t placed on a spine board now that we know he has a break in his back?

BassMason

Dec 1, 2006
From an article ‘fractures of the transverse processeses of the lower vertebrae’ from sciencedirect.com

“Disability over six months is out of the ordinary. The majority of patients should be at work within two months with practically no complaints referable to the injury.”

So it sounds like a full recovery should be in order. Hopefully this doesn’t put too much of a damper on offseason training.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Glad he's going to be OK and make a full recovery in 4-6 weeks. This is the most important thing. Sucks that his season is cut short, but good to know he'll be fully recovered in time for next year.

Honestly pretty steamed that he wasn't stretchered off the ice. It wasn't a good look on our organization when it happened to Mason Raymond, and it sure doesn't feel like a good look on us right now.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Glad he's going to be OK and make a full recovery in 4-6 weeks. This is the most important thing. Sucks that his season is cut short, but good to know he'll be fully recovered in time for next year.

Honestly pretty steamed that he wasn't stretchered off the ice. It wasn't a good look on our organization when it happened to Mason Raymond, and it sure doesn't feel like a good look on us right now.

Agreed. As far as I'm concerned the team should be grilled for such lazy handling of the player. In todays day and age there are no excuses for how they handled him last night.

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
Just awful. Really felt like it would be a bruise of some sort. Poor guy. Feel for him. Super humbling and wish the flow the best. Hell of a start to his professional career.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I mentioned it in the other thread, but this injury has happened a bunch of times in football. It sounds like the same injury Tony Romo had vs the Seahawks a few years. It should also be noted that the injury also looked bad at the time, but Romo walked off the field and it's not an injury that required a stretcher. So, people can put down their pitchforks there.

Derek Carr from the Raiders had the same injury last year as well and was back playing within two weeks. He did play pretty bad the rest of the season though and some figured it could be related to him coming back too early. He admitted it probably hurt his play, too. So, I'm glad the Canucks are shutting Boeser down for these meaningless games.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
The Canucks PR were really quick to point out “non structural” to save their bacon from backlash / lawsuit for not using a spine board. I wouldn’t be surprised if that was even made up to give them an excuse. Absolutely no way Jon Sanderson knew it was non structural (if they are being honest) at the time without imaging so him not using a spine board is border line malpractice.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Agreed. As far as I'm concerned the team should be grilled for such lazy handling of the player. In todays day and age there are no excuses for how they handled him last night.

It's just...why not be extra cautious? I don't get it.

I coach Novice. If we suspect even for a second that there's a spinal issue, we DO. NOT. MOVE. THE. PLAYER. We wait for paramedics and a stretcher. This is the bloody National Hockey League - how can they not be safe rather than sorry? I just...I just don't get it.

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
I just hope they got it right and the injury wasn't misdiagnosed, but even then the fact that it was still fractured somewhat is worrying going forward (won't be surprised if it ends up taking a lot longer for him to get back). Should've been taken off on a stretcher.

With Cody Hodgson the medical staff actually aggravated and made his back injury much worse and more career-threatening because they misdiagnosed it initially as a bulging disc when it was a muscle strain. You just have to hope they got everything right on Boeser.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012

Yes that was a strange one. Why they wouldn't take extra precautions was a bit infuriating.

Considering the reports it seems as though he should be able to resume training by May without long term affects..............BIG RELIEF

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
It's just...why not be extra cautious? I don't get it.

I coach Novice. If we suspect even for a second that there's a spinal issue, we DO. NOT. MOVE. THE. PLAYER. We wait for paramedics and a stretcher. This is the bloody National Hockey League - how can they not be safe rather than sorry? I just...I just don't get it.

I know. I don't understand it at all. The trainers and medical staff are supposed to know exactly what to do in a situation like that. It is their job to slow everybody down and make sure everything is handled properly. Last night was disgusting and I hope the team has to answer for it.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
I mentioned it in the other thread, but this injury has happened a bunch of times in football. It sounds like the same injury Tony Romo had vs the Seahawks a few years. It should also be noted that the injury also looked bad at the time, but Romo walked off the field and it's not an injury that required a stretcher. So, people can put down their pitchforks there.

Derek Carr from the Raiders had the same injury last year as well and was back playing within two weeks. He did play pretty bad the rest of the season though and some figured it could be related to him coming back too early. He admitted it probably hurt his play, too. So, I'm glad the Canucks are shutting Boeser down for these meaningless games.

Do you know why people get put on strechers? Its so they dont cause further damage.

Youd think you wanna strecher someone whos is wearing skates and is on 1 leg w. A broke back no ??

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
The Canucks PR were really quick to point out “non structural” to save their bacon from backlash / lawsuit for not using a spine board. I wouldn’t be surprised if that was even made up to give them an excuse. Absolutely no way Jon Sanderson knew it was non structural (if they are being honest) at the time without imaging so him not using a spine board is border line malpractice.

I have to ask, why the spin on all these posts?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00