Injury Report: Canucks 2017-2018 Injury Thread

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I don't know how they re-sign Baertschi this off season..Its impossible to put a $ figure on a player that is continuously injured.

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
I don't know how they re-sign Baertschi this off season..Its impossible to put a $ figure on a player that is continuously injured.

You're exaggerating a wee bit I think, he missed 13 & 14 gms. in the 2 seasons before this one.

If it's impossible to sign a guy who that injury prone, how did Salo ever get re-signed ??

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
You're exaggerating a wee bit I think, he missed 13 & 14 gms. in the 2 seasons before this one.

If it's impossible to sign a guy who that injury prone, how did Salo ever get re-signed ??
Or Badbranson

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

Salo had already played 3 seasons with the Sens,and his first two years with the Canucks were relatively injury free..He had already demonstrated the player he was......We're still waiting for Baertschi to really break out,he almost seems there,and then he gets derailed by injuries....again.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Gotta shut him down here, his wrist isn't 100% and now he may have seriously hurt his leg/back/hip. Nothing is more important than him being healthy for seasons when things actually matter. Shame he won't get to 30 (has at least 2 goals that should be his).

Re: Baertschi: this will definitely hurt his negotiating power, but then again, he's not negotiating against the strongest management group so I can see him eclipsing $3.5MM. He's still incredibly streaky and pretty one-dimensional, and honestly a guy like Leipsic can make him redundant in a hurry.

canwincup

Aug 28, 2008
Van city
I swear Jim Benning is in charge of
hiring people within the organization, this whole organization is f***ing incompetent.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I swear Jim Benning is in charge of
hiring people within the organization, this whole organization is ****ing incompetent.

This has been a problem for a long, long time - not strictly limited to just Benning.

Blade Paradigm

Oct 21, 2017
It's possibly a tailbone bruise, according to the Canucks' medical staff.

It looked like that was where he smacked against the boards. The impact was right up the middle. Brock was holding the top of his behind region.

I thought the team should have brought the stretcher out for precautionary reasons. It's stupid to take chances.

Coccydynia-home-remedies-1-770x402.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I honestly hope the injury isn't too bad but bad enough to shut him down for the season
Cause if there's a chance that he colmes back before the season ends. You know Brock will want to do it and the buffoons in charge will let him

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Best case sceneario: bone bruisr , hit a nerve. Should be back by Wednesdays game.

Worst Case Scenario. Spinal/back injury. 4-6months recovery. No training this summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad