Injury Report: Canucks 2017-2018 Injury Thread

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
I’m sure proper protocol was followed last night, didn’t see any reason to panic. I trust the professionals on the Canucks medical staff.
After awhile, one becomes kind of immune to the overreaction and hyperbole on hfcanucks.
I have stated my opinions many times, often met with mockery or outright hostility so I don’t often post anymore.
:yo:

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
I’m sure proper protocol was followed last night, didn’t see any reason to panic. I trust the professionals on the Canucks medical staff.
After awhile, one becomes kind of immune to the overreaction and hyperbole on hfcanucks.
I have stated my opinions many times, often met with mockery or outright hostility so I don’t often post anymore.
I agree. No one on these boards knows what was said or why various actions were taken. There really is no basis for judging. To automatically assume that the medical staff handled it incorrectly and to go to great lengths to try to defend that position doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Last edited:

drax0s

Mar 18, 2014
Vancouver, BC.
Hey, great. I did a 2 second google search on suspected spinal injuries and it confirmed my very basic industrial first aid training in that the proper procedure is to immobilize the patient. There's no way they could have ruled out spinal damage after 30 seconds (seeing as how hey, whattayano, there actually ****ing is spinal damage in this case) and there's no way you can rely on Boeser to self-report pain levels while still coasting on adrenaline. That's utterly negligent.
No, you're 100% correct. Your grueling *6 hour* course (with lunch break, of course) definitely gives your claim more validity than my 30 minute google search in the NIH at lunch. Not quite sure it trumps Jon Sanderson's 6+ years of athletic therapy training, but maybe you just had a REALLY good teacher.

edit: Snarkiness aside - your 6 hour course gives you the tools to be a first responder - to not screw things up until the trained professionals arrive. This is why you are told to immobilize the head and spine and call 911 until someone with more education than a single day / weekend course can arrive to properly address the situation. You know, like someone with 6+ years of education and experience.

Last edited:

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Had a hairline fracture to my one of my transverse process (like a ton of people). Did hurt but was healed up in a few weeks. Really not a big deal

Same injury as Moore suffered in the Bertuzzi incident. Remember how Colorado GM LaCroix used the term "broken neck" to get as much mileage out of the injury as possible and Moore started wearing a neck band. US media jumped all over the situation and using the term "broken neck" made it seem Moore was facing possible paralysis. In the end, Moore's only important injury was a concussion but Bertuzzi and the League had to pay dearly.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

It's extremely strange what goes on around here, I don't get it. The Dallas Cowboys are the most valued team in pro sports with a high-end medical staff and when their players got the same injury they handled it the same as the Canucks. All follow-up reports are that everything was handled correctly here and Boeser will be fine. All good.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
No, you're 100% correct. Your grueling *6 hour* course (with lunch break, of course) definitely gives your claim more validity than my 30 minute google search in the NIH at lunch. Not quite sure it trumps Jon Sanderson's 6+ years of athletic therapy training, but maybe you just had a REALLY good teacher.

edit: Snarkiness aside - your 6 hour course gives you the tools to be a first responder - to not screw things up until the trained professionals arrive. This is why you are told to immobilize the head and spine and call 911 until someone with more education than a single day / weekend course can arrive to properly address the situation. You know, like someone with 6+ years of education and experience.
You know what? Hell with it. Believe what you want. I'm out.

Last edited:
Reactions: drax0s

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad