Post-Game Talk: Canucks 2, Wild 4: Halfway point of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

leftwinglockdown

Dude Guy
Apr 29, 2011
Canada
When people on here talk about 2nd liners they actually mean 1st liners. Perry, Getzlaf, Carter, etc.

And that is the problem. We don't have the luxury of 1st line players playing 2nd line roles. I am not saying Raymond/Hansen/Higgins/Booth can't be 2nd line players but when you consider the situation in the current Western Conference, they do not match up well enough for us to succeed.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Anyone else SCARED of the columbus game coming up?

They are gonna thump us.

Also David Booth will not score that game

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
Cheap for how long? Hodgson's ELC is up in a couple months. Based on his point total he will be heavily paid. Vancouver does need a centerman maybe two for organizational depth. Not sure what was offered in the summer but Bozak or Kadri would be a large upgrade over our 2nd 3rd and 4th line centermen. Still do no mind Raymond and Lapierre as a 4th line center but really Schoeder's play has dropped off. Coyle manhandled him though he shouldn't feel bad Coyle did it to a couple other players on the same shift. This team need's a 7th dman that can play as well. They built this d so it was not dependent on one player, but than it falls apart with one injury this year. Ballard has one point this year while supposively playing better. He needs to be able to function offensively somewhat or be perfect defensively he is neither. Alberts just is a poor player, can not pass or keep up with good players. His two big checks a game are not worth is two minor penalties and multiple giveaways a game. That should be obvious.:help:
Right, and based on his point total he will be earning the money.

That's not really a problem.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Anyone else SCARED of the columbus game coming up?

They are gonna thump us.

Also David Booth will not score that game

They won 5 straight... and they will be rested by tuesday's game. At our state definitely not looking forward to that. Plus their one of hte top hard working teams in the league which means we will play them half assed.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
And that is the problem. We don't have the luxury of 1st line players playing 2nd line roles. I am not saying Raymond/Hansen/Higgins/Booth can't be 2nd line players but when you consider the situation in the current Western Conference, they do not match up well enough for us to succeed.

Exactly. When the Ducks have the luxury of having Ryan, Getzlaf, Perry, Selanne, spread across two lines, and the Hawks have Kane, Toews, Hossa, Sharp across two lines, we just don't match up.

gobi

Feb 9, 2006
Paradise, BC
That's why we're playing so well right?

Why do you love arguing in that circular logic of yours? The OP's argument was that those teams weren't doing well until the coach change. You don't think those teams are more talented than the current Canucks while the OP think it is just as talented.

So you argue back that if the teams are equally talented then why are the Canucks playing so bad? You never address his point of a coach change and just argue in that circular logic.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
Exactly. When the Ducks have the luxury of having Ryan, Getzlaf, Perry, Selanne, spread across two lines, and the Hawks have Kane, Toews, Hossa, Sharp across two lines, we just don't match up.

I know, the Canucks only have Sedin, Sedin, Kesler, and Burrows.

GingersRULE

Jun 11, 2011
Holy cow people calm down..This is why I'm happy Mike Gillis is our GM and not some of you guys..Not that I'm saying this team doesnt need changes..I've been a huge AV supporter but I agree a change of scenery behind the bench is definitely needed and maybe a trade within our top 6 to shake things up a little bit..Take a chill pill some of you seriously

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Gimme a break, this team on paper has a stacked defense and two very good lines (with everybody healthy).

They could easily compete with a few deadline moves like we do every year.

All we need is a few trades and a coaching change, that's it
Stacked defense :laugh:

And 2 good lines?!? Are u kidding. They only have 4 top 6 players lol

"Few trades". Good luck with the that

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON

Neither do any of those teams considering they have 2nd liners (Brown, Williams, Palmieri) playing on their 1st lines.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I know, the Canucks only have Sedin, Sedin, Kesler, and Burrows.

If they're so good why aren't we winning? I know Kesler is out, but the Sedins and Burrows haven't looked like they're controlling the play or all that dangerous. I know the Sedins contributed to a goal tonight but it was a clear fluke of a goal. The team needs someone to take it on his back and no one is stepping up.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Stacked defense :laugh:

And 2 good lines?!? Are u kidding. They only have 4 top 6 players lol

"Few trades". Good luck with the that

By what possible standard do they only have 4 Top 6 players? Hansen is Top 90 in NHL even-strength scoring, that's 1st line numbers. Higgins and Raymond are both Top 120-150 or something like that, so clear 2nd line numbers.

Outside99*

The lack of Centers is a huge problem of course;

but so is the lack of physicality - this is a very different team when Bieksa is not out there; sure we have Sestito but he's hardly playable and other than fighting heavyweights, intimidates no one. Still don't understand why they waived Volpatti.

And the non-existent power play; I'm not one to blame the coach incessantly but not changing anything and expecting different results? :help:

Also, our goaltending has regressed to the norm (wasn't sustainable), which the D and lack of healthy centers plays a big role in.

Biggest problem though is the lack of real depth to start the season - as soon as key players on IR reverberates throughout the lineup.

Don't think it makes sense to fire AV now; there's not much a new coach can do with 1 healthy NHL caliber center. It also doesn't make sense to pull the trigger on some poorly thought out trades; need to think long-term here and make sure everyone is healthy first and foremost and not make matters worse.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
By what possible standard do they only have 4 Top 6 players? Hansen is Top 90 in NHL even-strength scoring, that's 1st line numbers. Higgins and Raymond are both Top 120-150 or something like that, so clear 2nd line numbers.

And all 3 of them combined probably have 10 goals in the last 2 playoffs combined. They're fodder really.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
If they're so good why aren't we winning? I know Kesler is out, but the Sedins and Burrows haven't looked like they're controlling the play or all that dangerous. I know the Sedins contributed to a goal tonight but it was a clear fluke of a goal. The team needs someone to take it on his back and no one is stepping up.

Sedins have been absolutely dominant this season. They pass the eye test, the stat test and the advanced stat test. There's no way anyone can take any issue with their play. Hell, they've been barely on for any goals against this season.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
so what was that little "close door meeting about anyways?"..... nucks lost again. no surprise. powerplay? failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad