Post-Game Talk: Canucks 2, Wild 4: Halfway point of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finkle is Einhorn

Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
- The nightmare that is his management of the goalies. I won't even get into commenting on how Pejorative Slured he is about how he communicates with them and how he chooses who plays. It's like I'm looking at a 5 year old rather than a professional dealing with two highly paid athletes.

What, making flippant remarks to the media about tossing a coin isn't professional? Gillis and AV are insanely lucky that Lu and Schneider have displayed professionalism of the highest degree so far.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
It really comes down to lack of C depth and RH Dmen. We aren't talented enough this year...."it is what it is" Todd Bertuzzi 1000x

Yup, this. Get a top nine center and a solid right side d-man. You have to move out a LH d-man, so sorry Ballard you're out.

John Bender*

What, making flippant remarks to the media about tossing a coin isn't professional? Gillis and AV are insanely lucky that Lu and Schneider have displayed professionalism of the highest degree so far.

Man, if Gillis could have had Kadri for Luongo.............what a disaster not making that deal.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
The fact that Garrison is getting used so sparingly on the PP is as much an indictment on the organization's competency as anything else.

It's a statement we have no playmaking defensemen. Garrison has a cannon but he needs to be aimed, loaded and fired. Who do we have that can do that? Campbell did it in Florida. Garrison with Ehrhoff might have been wicked. Garrison with Vishnovsky perhaps *hint* gillis *hint*?

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
DD is better than any defenceman we have by an easy margin, their top 9 forwards are better than ours as it stands right now, and they were built for the playoffs (obviously...seeing as they cruised to the cup).

Just like San Jose has always been built for the playoffs.

Built for the playoffs is a stupid statement used by teams that are lazy in the regular season. Canucks had 15 playoff wins without getting the most ridiculously lucky run ever. Suddenly they aren't "built for the playoffs". Ridiculous.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Because the Canucks are so much better with their 9th place in the west.

Maybe after Gillis gets fired for failing to put together a playoff team people will be able to admit that the hodgson trade was a very dumb move. Fine, he needed to be gone. Kassian does nothing for this team. 4th line grinders are easy to find, not so much for cheap top 6 forwards.

Although given that they will either need a massive turnaround in play or a rebuild I suppose waiting years for him to actually show any sort of consistency will be okay.

Cheap for how long? Hodgson's ELC is up in a couple months. Based on his point total he will be heavily paid. Vancouver does need a centerman maybe two for organizational depth. Not sure what was offered in the summer but Bozak or Kadri would be a large upgrade over our 2nd 3rd and 4th line centermen. Still do no mind Raymond and Lapierre as a 4th line center but really Schoeder's play has dropped off. Coyle manhandled him though he shouldn't feel bad Coyle did it to a couple other players on the same shift. This team need's a 7th dman that can play as well. They built this d so it was not dependent on one player, but than it falls apart with one injury this year. Ballard has one point this year while supposively playing better. He needs to be able to function offensively somewhat or be perfect defensively he is neither. Alberts just is a poor player, can not pass or keep up with good players. His two big checks a game are not worth is two minor penalties and multiple giveaways a game. That should be obvious.:help:

Lundface*

I just don't know how you watch a game like this and conclude that it's a line-up problem, rather than a coaching problem. I really don't. I mean, I know the guys are out there making the mistakes but they're not exactly being put in positions to succeed.

- Sedins start the game, get taken off after 16 seconds because AV doesn't want them out against the other top line. Instead he puts out there Raymond's line, they lose a face-off (that was a given) and concede a goal. Sedins did well playing first 12 games of the season against other top lines. Kesler comes back and AV decides they can't do it anymore. We get lit up with Kesler on the ice, lose games. Now it's continuing with him injured.

- Lapierre promoted to the 3rd line after a poor showing against Phoenix where he was to blame for 2 goals. Goat on the 2nd goal that pretty much sunk this game. That's not to mention that Lapierre did nothing in any of his games on that 3rd line.

- Still forcing that long pass on breakouts. Sure is working.

- All season long having trouble handling agressive, fast-paced teams that try to force turnovers. Instead of making simple breakouts, let's just keep forcing it.

- There's no guidance on set plays in the offensive zone. Players have to fend for themselves right now. Everything is just about getting it in and setting up a down low cycle.

- The nightmare that is his management of the goalies. I won't even get into commenting on how Pejorative Slured he is about how he communicates with them and how he chooses who plays. It's like I'm looking at a 5 year old rather than a professional dealing with two highly paid athletes.

- Won't even get into special teams because it's plain to see.
Thank god someone else notices this too, I've mentioned it a a few times now. Before Kesler returned, the Sedin line toyed with the Parise line helping Van to a 4-1 win.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
Maybe in the regular season but not the playoffs. Kesler looked bad this season too as he was clearly a step behind. Assuming he comes back in a few weeks he'll still have to adjust and likely won't have much of an impact.
If it was anyone else this might be a sneaky reference to him playing a broken foot.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Agreed. None of those players would be anything more than dead weight.

It would be making a change for making a change sake and doesn't really address anything. What we need is a real shakeup. None of these fringe player moves. Move a guy who's a core player or damn close to being a core player and bring in someone who can have a Jeff Carter like impact. The team tonight looked really sloppy and dead and that's been a trend for quite some time now.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
We have seen edler play "god" mode before, He could do what DD did in the playoffs.

People forget DD was AWFUL and I mean AWFUL for the kings before the playoffs.

This team could do the exact same thing as the kings with a few changes.

A few teams could stop their way through the playoffs if they got those matchups with zero defensive injuries.

Finkle is Einhorn

Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
It's a statement we have no playmaking defensemen. Garrison has a cannon but he needs to be aimed, loaded and fired. Who do we have that can do that? Campbell did it in Florida. Garrison with Ehrhoff might have been wicked. Garrison with Vishnovsky perhaps *hint* gillis *hint*?

Well, that's exactly why it's such an indictment. You go out and put up a good chunk of money for a free agent defenceman, but you neglect to ensure he's going to be put in a position to succeed in the one area in which he's elite?

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
It really comes down to lack of C depth and RH Dmen. We aren't talented enough this year...."it is what it is" Todd Bertuzzi 1000x

Injuries to 2 key centermen will do that.

That and a dumbass trade by the GM.

Karter

Feb 16, 2012
Sherbrooke
When the team melts down, the fanbase will follow.

Good time to be a Canuck fan. Looks like another 5 beer post game.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
They dominated weak teams... NW was a joke division that year. Against good teams we split season series.

And I don't need to explain what happened when our goaltending/supposedly "talent scoring lineup" failed us in the SCF.

Wrong. Look it up.

Best record in the league (Points percentage wise) when they played outside of the division.

They were a shell of that team in the finals. The finals team is worse than the team now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad