Post-Game Talk: Canucks 2, Wild 4: Halfway point of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
And all 3 of them combined probably have 10 goals in the last 2 playoffs combined. They're fodder really.

Who's to say that it's their fault and not the coaching? We've seen the same Kings players that couldn't do anything in the playoffs (like Brown) go to being playoff stars last year.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
By what possible standard do they only have 4 Top 6 players? Hansen is Top 90 in NHL even-strength scoring, that's 1st line numbers. Higgins and Raymond are both Top 120-150 or something like that, so clear 2nd line numbers.

So Raymond goes from public enemy #1 around here to a ''clear second liner''. Something tells me management overrating our own players like you are is why we're in this mess.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
If they're so good why aren't we winning? I know Kesler is out, but the Sedins and Burrows haven't looked like they're controlling the play or all that dangerous. I know the Sedins contributed to a goal tonight but it was a clear fluke of a goal. The team needs someone to take it on his back and no one is stepping up.

Maybe they just don't have anyone who can do it anymore. Nobody wants to talk about decline but maybe it's a real possibility.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
VIGNEAULT_2-e1333730996894.jpg

someone please shoop luongo's head onto the trophy

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
So Raymond goes from public enemy #1 around here to a ''clear second liner''. Something tells me management overrating our own players like you are is why we're in this mess.

League-wide he's a clear 2nd liner. Look, I've been saying all along it would be nice to get an upgrade. But people pretending like this team is bad enough to be doing this badly are kidding themselves. Adding another 1st liner, another depth D and #3C to this team will not fix the deeper issues with how we play.

Luongos Knob

PDO Kings
Jan 20, 2009
The team needs some changes, otherwise, it's curtains on the season. (and probably our cup hopes for many years)

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
a little off topic, but the Norris Trophy was named after Chuck Norris right?

(drunk arguing with a buddy)

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Maybe they just don't have anyone who can do it anymore. Nobody wants to talk about decline but maybe it's a real possibility.

I've suggested this ever since the offseason. The team should have come out guns a blazing tonight in a game that's for the division where we had a few days off while Minnesota was coming off of a game they played last night that went to a shootout and having to fly in.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Stacked defense :laugh:

And 2 good lines?!? Are u kidding. They only have 4 top 6 players lol

"Few trades". Good luck with the that

You can get away with what we have on the wings but you need to overload the centre to compensate. Without Kesler we have Higgins/Raymond, Lapierre and Schroeder which is the opposite of overloaded. Average wings with substandard centres.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
League-wide he's a clear 2nd liner. Look, I've been saying all along it would be nice to get an upgrade. But people pretending like this team is bad enough to be doing this badly are kidding themselves. Adding another 1st liner, another depth D and #3C to this team will not fix the deeper issues with how we play.

Further to that, Raymond may be a 2nd liner but he isn't on this team because he is not a good fit with either Henrik or Kesler.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
By what possible standard do they only have 4 Top 6 players? Hansen is Top 90 in NHL even-strength scoring, that's 1st line numbers. Higgins and Raymond are both Top 120-150 or something like that, so clear 2nd line numbers.

Wow, so hansen is 1st line offensive player?

way to use stats to distort the truth. Hansen has 11 even points, considering the sample size a couple pts here and there and he could be anywhere from top 90 to 180.

Antoine Roussel has 9 even strength points in 15 games, I guess that 1st line number too?

Anyone that can watch hockey and not just look at stats, would know that Hansen is an excellent 2-way checking forward, but is NOT a top 6 forward on a contender.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON

way to use stats to distort the truth. Hansen has 11 even points, considering the sample size a couple pts here and there and he could be anywhere from top 90 to 180.

Antoine Roussel has 9 even strength points in 15 games, I guess that 1st line number too?

Anyone that can watch hockey and not just look at stats, would know that Hansen is an excellent 2-way checking forward, but is NOT a top 6 forward on a contender.

Hansen also scored at Top 6 rate last season in 82 games. Phoenix seems to do well with much worse Top 6, worse D and worse goaltending every season.

Does Montreal look stacked to anyone? Sure seems like their coach is getting a lot out of them.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
Hansen also scored at Top 6 rate last season in 82 games. Phoenix seems to do well with much worse Top 6, worse D and worse goaltending every season.

Does Montreal look stacked to anyone? Sure seems like their coach is getting a lot out of them.
Not really, they get by but that's about it. Same as Nashville. Never see either as a contender.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Not really, they get by but that's about it. Same as Nashville. Never see either as a contender.

Yeah, but their line-up is basically the scraps of the NHL. Even with all these injuries, this team is still significantly more talented than the Coyotes. Standings-wise? Not much of a difference.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006

He was 90th in the league last year, ahead of Perry, Brown, Versteeg, Doan, Backes, Callahan, Jagr, Stastny, Getzlaf, Briere, Roy, M. Richards, Kesler, and a whack of other top 6 players.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Who's to say that it's their fault and not the coaching? We've seen the same Kings players that couldn't do anything in the playoffs (like Brown) go to being playoff stars last year.
I'm ok with firing the coach but to state that this team is fine and only the coach is the problem is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->