Post-Game Talk: Canucks 2, Wild 4: Halfway point of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
We have seen edler play "god" mode before, He could do what DD did in the playoffs.

People forget DD was AWFUL and I mean AWFUL for the kings before the playoffs.

This team could do the exact same thing as the kings with a few changes.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Regardless of why he's playing poorly Gillis should realize we have no capable centers on our 2nd and 3rd lines.

Even when Kesler comes back I doubt Higgins/Raymond/Schroeder are good enough #3Cs.

I think Schroeder could be our third center if he is given a defined role and does not have to constantly worry about being benched. Even on the point, you can see the kid is trying. He is just completely out of his element and for whatever reason, AV cannot see it.

That said, I am not adverse to trading for an upgrade.

LA absolutely was more talented.

How so? When playing to our talent, we have a superior roster overall. The Kings got hot at the right time and that's about it.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
I just don't know how you watch a game like this and conclude that it's a line-up problem, rather than a coaching problem. I really don't. I mean, I know the guys are out there making the mistakes but they're not exactly being put in positions to succeed.

- Sedins start the game, get taken off after 16 seconds because AV doesn't want them out against the other top line. Instead he puts out there Raymond's line, they lose a face-off (that was a given) and concede a goal. Sedins did well playing first 12 games of the season against other top lines. Kesler comes back and AV decides they can't do it anymore. We get lit up with Kesler on the ice, lose games. Now it's continuing with him injured.

- Lapierre promoted to the 3rd line after a poor showing against Phoenix where he was to blame for 2 goals. Goat on the 2nd goal that pretty much sunk this game. That's not to mention that Lapierre did nothing in any of his games on that 3rd line.

- Still forcing that long pass on breakouts. Sure is working.

- All season long having trouble handling agressive, fast-paced teams that try to force turnovers. Instead of making simple breakouts, let's just keep forcing it.

- There's no guidance on set plays in the offensive zone. Players have to fend for themselves right now. Everything is just about getting it in and setting up a down low cycle.

- The nightmare that is his management of the goalies. I won't even get into commenting on how Pejorative Slured he is about how he communicates with them and how he chooses who plays. It's like I'm looking at a 5 year old rather than a professional dealing with two highly paid athletes.

- Won't even get into special teams because it's plain to see.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
fake fans don't care if they win or loses.

go watch pee wee hockey this is the NHL.

There is no "good try" team! As long as you gave it our best!!

Sure there is, they have just not given it there best for a year or so now.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I think Schroeder could be our third center if he is given a defined role and does not have to constantly worry about being benched. Even on the point, you can see the kid is trying. He is just completely out of his element and for whatever reason, AV cannot see it.

That said, I am not adverse to trading for an upgrade.

How so? When playing to our talent, we have a superior roster overall. The Kings got hot at the right time and that's about it.

Exactly, People need to relax

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
VIGNEAULT_2-e1333730996894.jpg

Good coach, no longer effective.

Wizeman*

I think the Canuck defense is the most overrated group in the NHL.

I have to agree with this. Jason Garrison is over rated. We miss Sami Salo. He already has 6 goals . Scored a beauty last night.

We have 4 'good' defense man but no dominating one. Closest we came went to Buffalo instead.

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
It really comes down to lack of C depth and RH Dmen. We aren't talented enough this year...."it is what it is" Todd Bertuzzi 1000x

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
haha I just noticed we have negative goals differential now. Never saw this coming after our win streak.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
We have seen edler play "god" mode before, He could do what DD did in the playoffs.

People forget DD was AWFUL and I mean AWFUL for the kings before the playoffs.

This team could do the exact same thing as the kings with a few changes.

Edler can be a beast, but he doesn't have the swagger that DD or a lot of other players have to sustain that level of play. Not holding my breath with Edler. What you see is what you get. Fairly inconsistent. (i still really like him)

John Bender*

Good coach, no longer effective.

Every coach has a shelf life - look at Carlyle. His team in Anaheim quit on him and look at them now. Look at Toronto after the change from Wilson.

A coaching change might do wonders for this group. The problem is, I don't know if there is anyone out there capable............add to that, ******* Gillis would probably go and do something bizarre like make Corey Schneider a player coach - or worse, coach the team himself.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
No. The 10-11 team was one of the best regular season teams in decades. They were dominant at both ends.

They dominated weak teams... NW was a joke division that year. Against good teams we split season series.

And I don't need to explain what happened when our goaltending/supposedly "talent scoring lineup" failed us in the SCF.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
Not gonna win many games being down 1 in the first minute. Not saying it's Schneider's fault but that goal can't go in there.

This team's depth is really getting tested. The forwards just aren't good enough right now. Kesler getting injured again might be too big a blow for this team to handle. Outside of the Sedins and Burr, everyone else is either a tweener or a clear-cut 4th liner.
What exactly do you consider a second line player to be?

John Bender*

Edler can be a beast, but he doesn't have the swagger that DD or a lot of other players have to sustain that level of play. Not holding my breath with Edler. What you see is what you get. Fairly inconsistent. (i still really like him)

Edler is a beast about 10% of the time, decent about 50% of the time and a complete bonehead the other 40% of the time.

Those numbers are scientifically derived. Do not question them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad