Post-Game Talk: Canucks 2, Wild 4: Halfway point of the season

Discussion in 'Vancouver Canucks' started by Zombotron, Mar 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. absolute garbage

absolute garbage Registered User

Right, but do you treat it as a calendar year or a hockey season? It's an unusual circumstance with the lockout but I don't think it's fair to expect a mid season form just because the games happen to start in January. Like I said it will hurt the Canucks this season in overall standings, but that's just the way it goes this season. Not enough time to climb up and not enough time for others to come down.

That's what the stats are saying. Couple extra points from SOs and points would be even with two previous seasons. And that's with the team being brutal in special teams, like mentioned. I'm sure the GD would be closer to last 2 years had the special teams been working.

If the Canucks get around 35 points out of the next 24 games, this season will be just like the last two seasons' first halfs.

2. mossey3535

mossey3535 Registered User

Also, what was the margin between us and Minnesota and the rest of the division? I think I recall someone saying CLB is 4 points behind us.

This season is just too compressed and too many teams are in it to paint this as too rosy of a picture.

Sorry, I usually appreciate perspective but after 1.5 years it just seems like glossing over the issues we have.

3. Mr. Canucklehead

Mr. Canucklehead Kitimat Canuck

Awards:
    Next PGT is up; continue discussing over there.

Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.