Post-Game Talk: Canucks 2, Wild 4: Halfway point of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
The problem with the stats as you mentioned is we are at the halfway mark...... we all know vc was a slow starter, we are brutal in October, that was fine and no big deal at all, nobody cared it was an 82 game season, 24 games in left alot of open room for the remaining 58 games, this is a shortened season so you cant look at it the same or in the same context, right now we are at the half way mark, we were not previous years at the halfway mark 24 games in.

Right, but do you treat it as a calendar year or a hockey season? It's an unusual circumstance with the lockout but I don't think it's fair to expect a mid season form just because the games happen to start in January. Like I said it will hurt the Canucks this season in overall standings, but that's just the way it goes this season. Not enough time to climb up and not enough time for others to come down.

So what you're saying is that in both those years we won 3 more games and went less to OT? But somehow that's spun as a positive. How about our goal differential in those years? Pretty sure it was better

That's what the stats are saying. Couple extra points from SOs and points would be even with two previous seasons. And that's with the team being brutal in special teams, like mentioned. I'm sure the GD would be closer to last 2 years had the special teams been working.

If the Canucks get around 35 points out of the next 24 games, this season will be just like the last two seasons' first halfs.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
So what you're saying is that in both those years we won 3 more games and went less to OT? But somehow that's spun as a positive. How about our goal differential in those years? Pretty sure it was better.

Also, what was the margin between us and Minnesota and the rest of the division? I think I recall someone saying CLB is 4 points behind us.

This season is just too compressed and too many teams are in it to paint this as too rosy of a picture.

Sorry, I usually appreciate perspective but after 1.5 years it just seems like glossing over the issues we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->