Post-Game Talk: Canucks 2, Wild 4: Halfway point of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
Love the team hate the coaching staff. Seriously what did anyone expect with that moron behind the bench?

Can we please fire this guy?

I guarantee there's a lot more wrong with this team right now than there is the coaching staff.

But I guess it's just easier to call the coach a moron herp derp

GhostofRichardPark

Jun 19, 2011
Victoria
Glad Parise didn't get a hat trick.

I'm kind of upset. Would have got an extra 2 points in my hockey pool lol. Seriously though how long will AV, Gillis and the media use the Kesler and Bieksa injuries before they realize we need a change to make a run to the postseason? This season just took a turn for the worse I think.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Our second line even with Kesler most likely sucks..

It does not "suck" it's good enough.

You guys make it sound like this team is some lottery team.

The fact I have to be the voice of reason is pathetic, I usually bash this team more then anybody.

smarten up, this team needs a coaching change and a few trades not a complete player overhaul.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
Good thing that trade set the Buffalo organization forward right?

(who's tied for 2nd last in the NHL....)
Because the Canucks are so much better with their 9th place in the west.

Maybe after Gillis gets fired for failing to put together a playoff team people will be able to admit that the hodgson trade was a very dumb move. Fine, he needed to be gone. Kassian does nothing for this team. 4th line grinders are easy to find, not so much for cheap top 6 forwards.

Although given that they will either need a massive turnaround in play or a rebuild I suppose waiting years for him to actually show any sort of consistency will be okay.

orcatown

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Pretty obvious this team is too weak down the middle to compete well at the moment

Henrik is plugging away

LaPierre is hurting with the groin and getting nothing none

Raymond/Higgins/whoever are out of position

Schroeder is unplayable

Lack of centers means lack of good breakouts, poor coverage, etc... everything breaks down.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I think we actually have to consider moving Schneider.

Too late. The problem with moving these guys now is they have lost a lot of value due to this years weak play. Trade low and trade while we are desperate = going to get molested.

Trade the first? not at the rate we are travelling.

The best 2C we can get is Kesler.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
They dominated us in a 5 game series.

really pauser? Did you actually watch the series?, We did not have Daniel Sedin for the first 3 games.

Go ahead and take out kopitar and let's see how the kings would do. :shakehead

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Gimme a break :laugh::laugh:

DD is overrated as hell, Sedins > kopi + carter
Kesler > richards

All kings have is better depth.

The cup was a complete anomaly and a lucky run with a streaky goalie, that's it.

DD is better than any defenceman we have by an easy margin, their top 9 forwards are better than ours as it stands right now, and they were built for the playoffs (obviously...seeing as they cruised to the cup).

John Bender*

Maybe it has something 2 do with Kesler being crippled, and our depth hurting.

Manny is done
Kesler is hurt
Bieksa is hurt

Our depth is nowhere near what we had before (which can be fixed easily at the deadline)

Our defense is GOOD on "Paper", No matter how much you hate to admit that.

I think the Canuck defense is the most overrated group in the NHL.

StringerBell

Here is another super talented team who fired there coach, Look what happened.

images

Here is another super talented team who fired there coach, Look what happened.

bs1.jpg

Don't forget about this:

stevens-scott-cup1-061000.jpg

3/11, or 27%, of the last 11 cup winners have fired their coach late in the season.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
they'd be nuts to fire a.v - you guys are effed up. how about a shake up. this team has been the same for far too long. theyre far too comfortable.

though, firing the PP coach , well that could be considered. lol even if we dont have those special PP players, the fact that they have more players out there, should still net them a few goals.. i haven't seen them goto the net, they still play the perimeter

there is a ton of things they could try before hiring the head coach. for one, being healthy

They have 2 guys injured. If that makes them a 9th place team then they aren't going to ever go anywhere in the playoffs. In other words, the team is poorly built and needs to be blown up.

I don't think that's the case, so I'm not giving them any excuses because kesler is hurt.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
It does not "suck" it's good enough.

You guys make it sound like this team is some lottery team.

The fact I have to be the voice of reason is pathetic, I usually bash this team more then anybody.

smarten up, this team needs a coaching change and a few trades not a complete player overhaul.

Maybe in the regular season but not the playoffs. Kesler looked bad this season too as he was clearly a step behind. Assuming he comes back in a few weeks he'll still have to adjust and likely won't have much of an impact.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
really pauser? Did you actually watch the series?, We did not have Daniel Sedin for the first 3 games.

Go ahead and take out kopitar and let's see how the kings would do. :shakehead

They played with no urgency since the boston game/jan 2012. With our top scorer out you'd think the team would try even harder, but it didn't happen.

Is there any way we can get evander kane on this team?

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
Valky makes a great point there about Garrison.. he needs with a setup man on the PP and not with Edler who rarely passes point to point.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
I think we actually have to consider moving Schneider.

needa new backup then.

and with the way they have been playing lately might just need a new starter.

Maybe the compressed schedule is hurting the goalies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->