Post-Game Talk: Canucks 1, Predators 0: Expo Ernie Conquers the Sunsphere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I really think hansen and booth should swap spots, put the amex back together and hansen back with schroeder.

King of Anarchy

Sep 30, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Dan Murphy ‏@sportsnetmurph
#canucks bieksa tweaked his groin. He'll have treatment tonight and tomorrow. If he can't go versus #wings Alberts is in.

20qkrv7.jpg

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Hey everyone,

Haven't read through the whole thread(s), but I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed how much stronger Raymond seems on and off the puck. After all his injury issues it seems like he's potentially put on some muscle and now is starting to use it to his advantage.

I have read that Raymond lost an estimated 15 to 20 pounds after his injury.

Kesler looks like he is about to catch on fire.

Higgins' brother spoke to Kesler after the Chicago game and said that Kesler admitted he needed "two to three more games" after that to get back into shape.

Hal 9000*

Personally I think this "they need to stick with X or play X" is silly, given it's based on nothing but personal opinion. They're both playing well, keep them both fresh. Stick with the planned starts.

Considering Luongo let's in on average one less goal per game than Schneider, I'd day he's playing much better.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
I did not see the first. Luongo must have played well because he barely had to do anything the last two periods. I can not think of a difficult save. Scheneider had a great game vs. Chicago and won vs Dallas. I think you do not change because of this Nashville game. Perhaps Luongo plays better playing less games. It was just a misnomer that he needed to play all the time to play well before.

Great last two periods by the Canucks. They should have scored more. Booth is getting chances just mishandling the puck at the moment of truth. Tanev looks like a really, really good dman. Such a good skater he gets the puck out of the zone so well. I have more confidence with him than any other d man. Too bad about Bieksa just when we found how to pair our dman we need to put in Alberts or Barker.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
IMO, let Bieksa rest on Sunday. No sense risking him making it worse. It can also be beneficial to keep the depth guys' feet warm, so to speak.

Greasy road win. Luongo kept us in it in the first, and then it was like a Chess match. The fourth line had a strong game all-round, nice to see them get rewarded for it.

Lard_Lad

May 12, 2003
Kelowna
Visit site
Alberts usually has to re-learn to play hockey every time he sits for an extended period; this time it's been 10 1/2 months since his last real game. If he still remembers how to skate, call it a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad