Post-Game Talk: Canucks 1, Predators 0: Expo Ernie Conquers the Sunsphere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Luongo NHL's 2nd star of the night.

EDIT: I think that Luongo should have got the 1st star actually because of the shutout Emery didn't get a shutout. Also Luongo leads the league in GAA and he is 3rd in Sv %

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Can`t believe we played these guys in the playoffs. The only thing worth remembering from that series was Mr. Ryan Kesler. :cry:

Outside99*

Great stuff, thanks. Mighty short vid though - Nashville obviously doesn't trade may chances :laugh:

Preds had a very good chance after the Weise goal. 3 on 2 that became a 2 on 1 in tight. Looked like a sure goal, great play by Tanev to foil it. There's a pic of it on Canucks.com I think.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Personally I think this "they need to stick with X or play X" is silly, given it's based on nothing but personal opinion. They're both playing well, keep them both fresh. Stick with the planned starts.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with basing some thought on personal opinion-- That should be the whole purpose of this board.

I think the team would benefit from riding the hot hand. I'm not saying it's an objective fact. Why is that silly?

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
When you cement yourself as the worst goalie in Canuck history (seriously, their entire history), then you'll be remembered.

Yeah, for all the goalie flops we had, Brochu (poor guy) was the worst.

Brochu
Skudra
Snow
Essensa
Irbe
Noronen
Auld
Hedberg

Just off the top of my head...

We really are lucky to have Lu and Schneider. Luongo was like the Exorcist in that goalie graveyard.

BloatedGuppy

Jun 29, 2007
Vancouver

Brochu
Skudra
Snow
Essensa
Irbe
Noronen
Auld
Hedberg

We really are lucky to have Lu and Schneider. Luongo was like the Exorcist in that goalie graveyard.

Backup Bob played well in Vancouver.

Potvin and Weekes would be better candidates for the Hall of Shame.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

Brochu
Skudra
Snow
Essensa
Irbe
Noronen
Auld
Hedberg

For fantasy hockey purposes Auld (Marc Denis in Columbus was another one) has forever made me nervous of goalies who suddenly without much pedigree get a full season playing for a bad team. So I can never tell if a guy like say Jonathan Quick a couple years ago is there because there was no one else and is going to quickly crash and burn or if they can be legit starting goalies on a competitive team.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Backup Bob played well in Vancouver.

Potvin and Weekes would be better candidates for the Hall of Shame.

He did. He and Irbe were the only two to have good NHL careers, and frankly they played better than the likes of Cloutier.

I'd totally forgotten about Potvin and Weekes. Two "goalies of the future". The fans were merciless to Potvin. He bounced back with some strong playoff performances for the Kings. Still pretty merciless today.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I don't really understand why people turned on Auld. He wasn't great, but he was better than Cloutier and played average/solid enough that he usually didn't prevent the team from winning himself.

I also really liked Hedberg.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
^^^

I don't think anyone necessarily turned on Auld. At least from what I remember. When he was dealt many still believed he had #1 upside.

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.

Brochu
Skudra
Snow
Essensa
Irbe
Noronen
Auld
Hedberg

Martin Brochu sounded like Martin Brodeur, if that's any consolation

Crows*

Hedberg was young then, he was hardly a flop on the team. These days he is a solid back-up.

I was a gigantic hedberg fan. I was pissed when they didn't bring him back. Crawford didn't like him for whatever reason. Always remember that game in Philly they lost in ot were crow threw the moose under the bus.

He's the perfect backup right now.

Derp Kassian

Jul 14, 2012
Vancouver
No disrespect to Luongo, but Martin Brochu could've gotten a shutout against this Nashville team today.

Really? They had 12 dead on scoring chances from my count that could've broke the teams back until they picked it up later on. He had pretty much zero margin for error in the first half of the game, was perfect and allowed the team to takeover. Which is funny because they took over in the last period of a back to back and down a dman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad