Post-Game Talk: Canucks 1, Predators 0: Expo Ernie Conquers the Sunsphere

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
didn't watch the game, first thing I wanted to read was Orca's summary.

Wanted to see the Edler-Tanev last year. Tanev is very very stable.

what happened to bieksa? how did he get injured?

Gill hit him along the boards. Looked pretty harmless, to be honest.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Does anyone know the actual quality of minutes ie zone starts and match ups that Schroeder is getting? I don't think he's being sheltered, but it would be interesting to know. Or directed to a place that could provide me with such info for the future. AV seems to like what he has seen from him.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Gill hit him along the boards. Looked pretty harmless, to be honest.

Bieksa swore and winced before Gill hit him. I'm not sure what happened, but I think something seemingly harmless may have happened before the hit.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
Strombone‏@strombone1

This guy might need a longer jersey by the time it's all said and done........ pic.twitter.com/OK0QbMYf

BDBRdDDCUAIMaeA.jpg:large

It's from a while ago, but I've just caught up on some of his tweets now. Worth the read.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Jason Botchford ‏@botchford
AV on Bieksa: We'll know tomorrow but at first it doesn't appear to be that serious

Read into it how you want, as it is Dr. AV speaking here.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Jason Botchford ‏@botchford
AV on Bieksa: We'll know tomorrow but at first it doesn't appear to be that serious

Read into it how you want, as it is Dr. AV speaking here.

Dr. AV says, "Broken back MayRay? Walk it off, walk it off. No really...walk off the ice."

BC Ben

Mar 26, 2010
True North
I did not see the first. Luongo must have played well because he barely had to do anything the last two periods. I can not think of a difficult save. Scheneider had a great game vs. Chicago and won vs Dallas. I think you do not change because of this Nashville game. Perhaps Luongo plays better playing less games. It was just a misnomer that he needed to play all the time to play well before.

I think there is a lot of truth to that statement... I wondered if they'd keep both all season, especially if the right deal didn't present itself (in Gillis we trust).

So many options are available to the Nucks with both tenders playing well.

Iceberg Slim

May 9, 2010
Vancouver
Bieksa swore and winced before Gill hit him. I'm not sure what happened, but I think something seemingly harmless may have happened before the hit.

That's how I saw it too. Almost like his skate blade hit a rut in the ice and as one skate veered away from parallel, the rotation continued up the leg and ended up tweaking his groin. The hit itself seemed more like a minor annoyance after Bieksa appeared to have already been hurt prior to the contact with Gill.

Anyway, that's my best guess from how it looked to me watching it live (TV). Might be able to catch what happened looking slow-mo/frame-by-frame but whatever, he's hurt and I suppose the how and why isn't all that important.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Amazing .. apparently once again one win stops the sky from falling.

Great game guys.

The canucks looked like the better team for most of the game. The preds fans implied they don't like to face the Canucks because they are just to good. But a ton of posters on here will dissect why we need a No. 1 D man, and a whole new forward core.

I guess 7 - 1 - 2 in their last 10 just doesn't cut it.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto

Great game guys.

The canucks looked like the better team for most of the game. The preds fans implied they don't like to face the Canucks because they are just to good. But a ton of posters on here will dissect why we need a No. 1 D man, and a whole new forward core.

Don't forget firing AV. He likes to force our team to sit back on leads and stuff like that.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010

Great game guys.

it sucks when you see the anaheim ducks and blackhwaks just ****ing cruising away with the first and second spot, though

chopkins

Super Bowl Champs
Aug 7, 2009
Vancouver

Great game guys.

The way I see it, Chicago's due for a losing streak soon. 3 straight losses by them and three straight wins for us= boom, tied in the standings.

There's already separation in the western conference forming, folks. Guess what? we're part of the top 3. Stop your worrying.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
it sucks when you see the anaheim ducks and blackhwaks just ****ing cruising away with the first and second spot, though

I have been a fan since day 1. You are annoyed that the canucks are being outdistanced by an unbeaten Chi team and a great (unexpected i think we all agree) Ducks team.

I counter with 15 consecutive losing seasons that i died with every year. Spoiled!

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Well, after today I think it's safe to say that we should continue with having Luongo believe he's in a "backup" role.

Maybe it's the relaxed schedule, or maybe it's the pressure of a #1 being off his shoulders. Lu is playing some of his best hockey.

I like the idea of both goalies playing ~24 games, and going with the hot hand at the end of the year.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Yeah, I'm not going to complain that the Canucks aren't on an historic undefeated streak like the Hawks :laugh:

It's not how you start, it's how you finish that matters.

Midway through last year, Boston looked unbeatable too. And LA looked like a bubble team on the cusp of missing the playoffs.

The Canucks should focus on doing the little things right, and finding chemistry throughout this lineup. And the wins will come.

Last thing I want to see is line juggling during the homestretch.

vector209

Jan 7, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Well, after today I think it's safe to say that we should continue with having Luongo believe he's in a "backup" role.

Maybe it's the relaxed schedule, or maybe it's the pressure of a #1 being off his shoulders. Lu is playing some of his best hockey.

I like the idea of both goalies playing ~24 games, and going with the hot hand at the end of the year.

No disrespect to Luongo, but Martin Brochu could've gotten a shutout against this Nashville team today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->