Post-Game Talk: Canucks 1, Predators 0: Expo Ernie Conquers the Sunsphere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crows*

That was a gutsy gutsy effort.

On the road on back to backs.. Shutout. Impressive. Team dominated the last 2 periods. Great win

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Is it possible our defense looked much better once bieksa left? I hope not because bieksa is a big part of our D core and good offensively he just scares me with his play in his own zone.

BloatedGuppy

Jun 29, 2007
Vancouver
Is it possible our defense looked much better once bieksa left?

Not sure it's a case of direct causation but periods 2 and 3 were the best defensive hockey I've seen the team play all year.

Pretty happy to see Ballard still playing solid hockey despite being divorced from Tanev. If only he'd re-discover his shot...

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
Pretty gritty road performance from the Canucks on a back-to-back, despite the slow start.

Obviously a great game from Luongo. I thought the blue line had another great game, all five guys looked solid playing increased minutes.

Am I the only one who is fired up about the potential debut of Cam Barker? :laugh:

Yossarian54

Oct 12, 2011
Perth, WA
As a backer of keeping Schneider in favor of Luongo, they really need to ride Luongo until he loses a game outright.

Personally I think this "they need to stick with X or play X" is silly, given it's based on nothing but personal opinion. They're both playing well, keep them both fresh. Stick with the planned starts.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
Personally I think this "they need to stick with X or play X" is silly, given it's based on nothing but personal opinion. They're both playing well, keep them both fresh. Stick with the planned starts.

Luongo just posted a pretty impressive shut out, I think you have to roll with him against the Wings, regardless of who is scheduled to start.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
At least when we sat back we did more than just dump the puck whenever a player crossed the red line and go for a change.

Eh, I'll take it.

DiggerDan

Jul 22, 2003
Canada
hfboards.com
Hey everyone,

Haven't read through the whole thread(s), but I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed how much stronger Raymond seems on and off the puck. After all his injury issues it seems like he's potentially put on some muscle and now is starting to use it to his advantage. There was a couple times tonight he ran into people at good speed and got the best of them - which is new. I also liked how he went to the net. These are good signs.

I also am liking how Booth is playing. I've seen and heard a lot of hate, but he is going to dirty areas and getting his nose in there.

Kesler looks like he is about to catch on fire.

With regards to Kassian, I think the coaching staff need to push the kid to let loose. He's a big man. He needs to bang and crash every ****ing time he's out there. Not seeing enough of it, and that is how he will gain confidence.

Overall a solid effort. The first period was a farce, and it was very good to see, especially from a coaching perspective, that they reigned it in. Having said that, if it wasn't for Lu, we would not have one this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad