Rumor: Canucks “Sizeable” Trade Soon?

topched88

Jan 21, 2007
You rather have Boeser vs. Miller? If they get rid of Boeser then it solves Canucks cap space problems.

He was a Canuck for majority of his career so he is recognized as a Canuck.
No, getting rid of either of them doesn't solve their cap space problems.

Getting rid of boeser helps the cap space problems for the next two seasons, getting rid of miller helps for the next 7 seasons

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
King's need to move a RD, not add one.

Demko is interesting. Injury & play this year isn't great. How much does Blake offer on a gamble Demko rebounds? If he strikes out again on a goalie, he'll be in hot water.
Wow you make Demko sound like a fringe goalie when he was very good just last season and his body of work has been great. Plays 10 bad games this season and now Demko is a "gamble" lol

I rather keep Demko because it's agonizing to see a team improve but have no goalie. Artus Silovs should've a backup to Demko and we can trade Demko down the road like Markstrom once Silovs develops more. Trading him now would be a huge mistake unless it's for.a huge package like a 1st and Brandt Clark

Reactions: gianni

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
No, getting rid of either of them doesn't solve their cap space problems.

Getting rid of boeser helps the cap space problems for the next two seasons, getting rid of miller helps for the next 7 seasons
It solves their cap space problem, especially when they got rid of Horvat and Stillman and will probably find a way to get rid of Pearson. Myers contract will also expire soon. They only contract that's not moveable is OEL

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Wow you make Demko sound like a fringe goalie when he was very good just last season and his body of work has been great. Plays 10 bad games this season and now Demko is a "gamble" lol

I rather keep Demko because it's agonizing to see a team improve but have no goalie. Artus Silovs should've a backup to Demko and we can trade Demko down the road like Markstrom once Silovs develops more. Trading him now would be a huge mistake unless it's for.a huge package like a 1st and Brandt Clark
The 10 bad games with Cal like numbers, signed a year longer could just be a hiccup. I'd be more concerned with his injury history & 3 seasons after this one.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Ok, he still didn’t retire as a Canuck though.
I know he played his last season for another team but he is a Canuck through and through. Similar to how Sundin is a long time Leaf. He didn't retire as a Canuck just because he played his last season as a Canuck because he is recognized as a Leaf.

topched88

Jan 21, 2007
It solves their cap space problem, especially when they got rid of Horvat and Stillman and will probably find a way to get rid of Pearson. Myers contract will also expire soon. They only contract that's not moveable is OEL
Fair, the OEL contract is the one I was referring to the problem still existing. I consider him a big problem

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I know he played his last season for another team but he is a Canuck through and through. Similar to how Sundin is a long time Leaf. He didn't retire as a Canuck just because he played his last season as a Canuck because he is recognized as a Leaf.
But isn't the point that Pettersson is untouchable using Naslund as an example?
If Naslund was untouchable they wouldn't have let him walk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad