Rumor: Canucks “Sizeable” Trade Soon?

Grip it N RYP it

Apr 20, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Does anyone know what Demkos injury was? He was out a long time. Thanks.

football-simpsons.gif

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
There's no chance that it's Miller. That's too much the Pens could handle. But Boeser/Schenn is well worth the risk and fits the window.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
There's no chance that it's Miller. That's too much the Pens could handle. But Boeser/Schenn is well worth the risk and fits the window.
Bunch of money off the books after this season…. Crosby and Malkin have a couple years left. I could see it as crazy as it is. Especially if the cap goes up…

I don’t like the Pens pieces coming back. Assuming there would be contracts coming back.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
and he's played one game since coming back from injury? Yeah, I don't think Demko is getting moved. His value to the Canucks is way higher than his perceived damaged goods value to any other team. It is possible, but I doubt it.

Reactions: DeltaSwede

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Bunch of money off the books after this season…. Crosby and Malkin have a couple years left. I could see it as crazy as it is. Especially if the cap goes up…

I don’t like the Pens pieces coming back. Assuming there would be contracts coming back.
The UFA's that are of interest in Pitt are Jarry (they need to sign him or trade for a signed starter), Zucker (has shown that when healthy he is an asset to this team), Dumo (needs to be let go, but will need his role filled by Smith, could save the team ~$3M), Blueger (either needs to go, or sign for less than his current $2.2M cap hit). The rest of the UFA's are basically at replacement level, so no need to focus there. Based on this, the Pens may have about $5.2M available, which is ~$2.8M less than Miller's contract, so unless the Pens move Zucker, Rust, Jake, Petry, Petterson or Carter in the deal for Miller, the cap would need to go up by about $3M. So no, I don't think the Pens can fit Miller in...but I also didn't think they'd be able to fit Kessel in...so who knows.

tiny103

Jun 28, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah, that's why I used the words "around" and "crazy". ;)

It's just an interesting swap as unlikely as it would be. There's the reunions with Bo and Beau, Barzal going home, maybe better style fits in the opposite conferences, etc..
People forget that we have two of them... ;)

EverTheCynic

May 26, 2022
Marcus Pettersson+picks for Miller? Then the Pens could spend other assets to get Chychrun.
Sure. Whatever.

Miller is a good player, but that contract is massive and we need to rebuild. Tough to move money like that. So yeah, we will take pretty much whatever for Miller.

Reactions: wetcoast

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
They have premium assets that several teams should covet:

Miller
Boeser
Demko
Schenn

If Vancouver really wants to sell, they really REALLY could and get quite the haul.
Miller for 1st, 2nd and D prospect. Boeser for a 2nd. Schenn for a 2nd. Keep Demko

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
More like a sound admonishment from Bettman for trying to circumvent the cap with the Luongo contract.

Meanwhile, around the league

Ha ha. The Canucks trade deadlines are infamous.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Would something around Barzal and Pettersson be too crazy to consider?
You are so dreaming lol. Petersson will retire a Canuck just like Swedish countrymen Naslund, Sedins

The Penguins have nothing, other than Pickering and draft picks, that matches Canuck's needs.

No Deal.
Pickering and draft picks sound good for Boeser

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad