Rumor: Canucks “Sizeable” Trade Soon?

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
I'll make four wild Predictions:

Jt. Miller for Kotkaniemi, Morrow, 3rd
Jt. Miller for Sillinger, Peeke, 2nd
Boeser 20% retained for Greenway + 2nd
Demko + Schenn for Kupari, + Durzi + 1st + Petersen (full contract, no retention)

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
Boeser is 26 years old and has the potential to he 30-40G 70PT winger.

If thats not premium i dont know what is.
Love the optimism here but a 26 year old Boeser would have to be traded to Edmonton and be stapled to McDavid's wing for him to even be able to sniff those types of numbers.

He's on a steep decline and is merely a cap dump at this point.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016

Demko + Schenn for Kupari, + Durzi + 1st + Petersen (full contract, no retention)
The first 3 seem in the realm of possibilities. The last one is terrible for the Canucks given that Petersen’s negative value cancels out the 1st round pick (I’d argue his contract is more negative value than a mid-late 1st based on other, recent cap dump trades). Demko and Schenn for Kupari and Durzi is pretty bad value, and the Canucks have no need for a player like Durzi unless we can somehow dump OEL.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Sure. If islanders want a dman...
Yeah, that's why I used the words "around" and "crazy". ;)

It's just an interesting swap as unlikely as it would be. There's the reunions with Bo and Beau, Barzal going home, maybe better style fits in the opposite conferences, etc..

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Demko and Schenn to LA
King's need to move a RD, not add one.

Demko is interesting. Injury & play this year isn't great. How much does Blake offer on a gamble Demko rebounds? If he strikes out again on a goalie, he'll be in hot water.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
100% going to be the Kane Deal

King's need to move a RD, not add one.

Demko is interesting. Injury & play this year isn't great. How much does Blake offer on a gamble Demko rebounds? If he strikes out again on a goalie, he'll be in hot water.
He's going to strike out if he doesnt get a goalie as well. I think everyone in the League knows LA needs a good goalie to become a contedner and everyone isnt going togive them one for cheap

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver

That last one is horrible. It would cost something like kupari + 1st to dump that Petersen contract alone.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad