Confirmed with Link: Canes get Niederreiter for Rask!?!?

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I just had to check...

Kadri had 7 powerplay goals last year. 7. Means he had 25 Even strength.

he has 6 PP goals this year.

these are not numbers of a guy living off Matthews lol Normally I let these comments slide but this one was SO ill informed it needed to be straightened out.

Anyways, Nino is awesome guys, you killed that trade.

Look, we don't know this dude, he waltzed in here like he owned the place after we got Nino.

And I would freaking LOVE Kadri on the Hurricanes

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
You're an idiot, and know nothing about anything. Go away.

Uh...if you insult other users this doesn't make what you said any less wrong.
There were trade rumours regarding Niederreiter for weeks if not months...from reliable sources such as Russo or Friedman. Fenton talked to a lot of people about Niederreiter. Even Nino himself admitted to googeling his name to find out about new develpments. He also said that Boudreau never trusted him (probably why Nino didn't want an NTC) and that Fenton never really talked to him ahead of informing him that he got traded...a phone call that apparently lasted less than a minute.
On top of all this, Boudreau felt the need to bash Niederreiter after he was traded...some nonsense about him not being able to play the right side and being only the teams 4th LW...I've never seen Boudreau do anything like it. He clearly went out of his way there which tells you that there's more to it.

You can like Nino or not but to say that they all loved Nino in Minnesota is just flat out wrong. Not sure why you'd even want to claim this.

Reactions: Identity404

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
The Isles didn't treat him very well...that's true. But there are reasons why two franchises couldn't wait to lose him and since you're Swiss born you should know that. Just gotta admit it...

We agree that the Isle took him, exposed him to something he was not ready to, and gave him logically minuscule minutes and poor line mates to express him and shipped out a depressed Nino with abysmal stats.
Minnesota was a different affair ... at the beginning he was fulfilling expectations ... but they lost faith in him ... .

What i know is that he has the tools to succeed AND he has extra drive in needed moments. Yet probably their is more to the picture. So you would be welcome to add your info to complete a bit more the picture.

I am ready to recognize things if i come across the info and that the info is true and explanatory. I like info.

(always funny to exchange in English among Swiss landsman :) we may actually understand us better than in our native language (not true actually , i speak all federal languages except romantsh ... i am just making fun of the situation)

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I mean, he's a love or hate kind of guy, I could kind of understanding hating him but being indifferent to him is inconceivable.

It'd be like, being indifferent to anchovies or sardines something. You either love it or hate it, but it's pretty impossible not to pick a side at some point.

Not sure how anybody outside Toronto could actually love that dirty shitbag. Repeat offender under the CBA...something very difficult to achieve as a member of the Leafs. Injured many players with dirty hits or other cheapshots...even in meaningless games and just for the sake of it. He can stay where he is.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I mean, he's a love or hate kind of guy, I could kind of understanding hating him but being indifferent to him is inconceivable.

It'd be like, being indifferent to anchovies or sardines something. You either love it or hate it, but it's pretty impossible not to pick a side at some point.

He doesn't factor to me as anything other than a guy who's better at maths than Rasmus Ristolainen.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Uh...if you insult other users this doesn't make what you said any less wrong.
There were trade rumours regarding Niederreiter for weeks if not months...from reliable sources such as Russo or Friedman. Fenton talked to a lot of people about Niederreiter. Even Nino himself admitted to googeling his name to find out about new develpments. He also said that Boudreau never trusted him (probably why Nino didn't want an NTC) and that Fenton never really talked to him ahead of informing him that he got traded...a phone call that apparently lasted less than a minute.
On top of all this, Boudreau felt the need to bash Niederreiter after he was traded...some nonsense about him not being able to play the right side and being only the teams 4th LW...I've never seen Boudreau do anything like it. He clearly went out of his way there which tells you that there's more to it.

You can like Nino or not but to say that they all loved Nino in Minnesota is just flat out wrong. Not sure why you'd even want to claim this.
You're conflating a team that didn't have room for a player with a team that had some sort of personal issues with him. Either that or you're using emotionally loaded language when you actually mean something completely different.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
You're conflating a team that didn't have room for a player with a team that had some sort of personal issues with him. Either that or you're using emotionally loaded language when you actually mean something completely different.

The way Nino talked about Boudreau and vice versa after the trade sure enough isn't what you're used to hear in such situations. I don't like Boudreau and never did...but at the same time Nino isn't exactly an effort monster...and never was. That was part of the reason why the Isles were desperate enough to lose him for Cal friggin Clutterbuck. Nino clearly took a step back after signing his big contract...injuries may have been part of the problem but to blame them for everything probably wouldn't be right.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
+1 Kadri fan here. Dude plays hard. He won me over on the EStaal EN slapshot that Phaneuf **** his pants over while Kadri slid across the ice on a knee trying to block it.

And I realized how dumb it is to have this conversation in this thread. How do we dump this ****bag?

Do you also like bs like this? Kadri tried to injure players on countless occasions...even during preseason. That hit alone would have earned him a long long break would he wear a different uniform. Sad but true. I don't think anyone needs this dirty shitbag.

I like oldschool hockey. I like fighting, hard hits, tough players etc. But players who repeatedly try to injure other players should get banned forever. Kadri is in the same category as Marchant, Bennett, Tkachuk, McLeod and co. They can all get lost. Nobody should miss those classless idiots.

Last edited:

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario

Do you also like bs like this? Kadri tried to injure players on countless occasions...even during preseason. That hit alone would have earned him a long long break would he wear a different uniform. Sad but true. I don't think anyone needs this dirty ****bag.

I can think of someone else no one needs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad