Confirmed with Link: Canes get Niederreiter for Rask!?!?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
The way Nino talked about Boudreau and vice versa after the trade sure enough isn't what you're used to hear in such situations. I don't like Boudreau and never did...but at the same time Nino isn't exactly an effort monster...and never was. That was part of the reason why the Isles were desperate enough to lose him for Cal friggin Clutterbuck. Nino clearly took a step back after signing his big contract...injuries may have been part of the problem but to blame them for everything probably wouldn't be right.
Do you have quotes from Nino or Boudreau? What would you have expected to hear?

The Islanders moved Nino because he requested a trade. He requested a trade because he spent a season on the Islanders' 4th line playing 10 minutes a night, then spent the next season in the AHL playing well and getting passed over for call-ups. I can understand him not really seeing a future there. Taking Clutterbuck and a 3rd back for him wasn't a great move on Snow's part, but he's the one that mishandled everything leading up to it.

The suggestion that Nino lacks effort is one of the weirder things I've seen suggested on these boards. He lacked a lot of execution this year, but the effort was there even at his worst.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Bad hit, no doubt, but from his angle Wingels looked like he went high and hard at Marner's dome. Wingels dropping to a knee did him no favors.

Marner had the puck and turned along the boards. Entirely his fault.
When Kadri hit Wingels he hit him in a defenseless position with the puck long gone. Even if you had any doubts you'd lose them knowing Kadri's history. He did all sorts of dirty stuff already and is a repeat offender under the CBA. You have to try really hard to get that status as a Leaf.

Reactions: Identity404

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Do you have quotes from Nino or Boudreau? What would you have expected to hear?

The Islanders moved Nino because he requested a trade. He requested a trade because he spent a season on the Islanders' 4th line playing 10 minutes a night, then spent the next season in the AHL playing well and getting passed over for call-ups. I can understand him not really seeing a future there. Taking Clutterbuck and a 3rd back for him wasn't a great move on Snow's part, but he's the one that mishandled everything leading up to it.

The suggestion that Nino lacks effort is one of the weirder things I've seen suggested on these boards. He lacked a lot of execution this year, but the effort was there even at his worst.

Sure. And what was said wasn't nice. Normally Coaches and players don't say bad things about each other after trades...
You probably never heard about the Nino turtle, haven't you? I also had to stop watching the Wild because of all the flowers Nino picked. He was beyond brutal recently. Now all of a sudden he looks like a completely different player. What do you think it is? The better weather in Raleigh?:D
Obviously...playing with Aho helps but the way he owned Larsson vs Edmonton for example...think he would have done that with the Wild this season? Forget it.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I LOVE Nazem Kadri. LOVE him. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Anyone who doesn't can go RIGHT away.

I have zero respect for anyone supporting players repeatedly trying to injure fellow players. That shouldn't be what the NHL is about. The worlds best hockey league has to protect its players. About time that the DoPS starts removing those cancers.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Sure. And what was said wasn't nice. Normally Coaches and players don't say bad things about each other after trades...
You probably never heard about the Nino turtle, haven't you? I also had to stop watching the Wild because of all the flowers Nino picked. He was beyond brutal recently. Now all of a sudden he looks like a completely different player. What do you think it is? The better weather in Raleigh?:D
Obviously...playing with Aho helps but the way he owned Larsson vs Edmonton for example...think he would have done that with the Wild this season? Forget it.
I'm not saying they don't exist because I'm sure you're referring to something, but can you point me to the quotes that you're talking about? Is there an article? A video?

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I have zero respect for anyone supporting players repeatedly trying to injure fellow players. That shouldn't be what the NHL is about. The worlds best hockey league has to protect its players. About time that the DoPS starts removing those cancers.

(tearfully) Who's there to protect Nazem Kadri? Who's there to protect this stallion of a man from undue criticism? The DoPS may protect the physical man, but it is our responsibility, ours, to protect the mental and emotional man from injustice.

Let that be a lesson to all of you.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
(tearfully) Who's there to protect Nazem Kadri? Who's there to protect this stallion of a man from undue criticism? The DoPS may protect the physical man, but it is our responsibility, ours, to protect the mental and emotional man from injustice.

Let that be a lesson to all of you.

Shitbags like Kadri don't need/deserve to be protected by anyone. They need to get eliminated from the NHL. Just wish like everyone would react like Jumbo Joe and just give Kadri a proper beating. That's what he deserves:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I'm not saying they don't exist because I'm sure you're referring to something, but can you point me to the quotes that you're talking about? Is there an article? A video?

Those quotes are all over the internet. Boudreau went out of his way to say that Nino was traded because he couldn't play RW (his backhand passes wouldn't be good enough) but was only the teams 4th best LW. Nino then said that Boudreau probably had a bad moment when he said this...Nino also repeatedly said that Boudreau never really trusted him and that Fenton never really talked to him. He also said that he's very happy with the trade because he was frustrated with his situation in Minnesota...not knowing what exactly they wanted from him...he also explained his initial success with Rod's system and him actually knowing what he's talking about (former hall of famer)...which...if you read between the lines is yet another shot at Boudreau.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Those quotes are all over the internet. Boudreau went out of his way to say that Nino was traded because he couldn't play RW (his backhand passes wouldn't be good enough) but was only the teams 4th best LW. Nino then said that Boudreau probably had a bad moment when he said this...Nino also repeatedly said that Boudreau never really trusted him and that Fenton never really talked to him. He also said that he's very happy with the trade because he was frustrated with his situation in Minnesota...not knowing what exactly they wanted from him...he also explained his initial success with Rod's system and him actually knowing what he's talking about (former hall of famer)...which...if you read between the lines is yet another shot at Boudreau.
Pro tip for arguing: If you’re going to reference things that people think are controversial and doubt, like a lot of your arguments have been, you should post the concrete evidence behind your takes.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Changing the subject away from Kadri, did anyone see all those quotes floating around the Internet that Boudreau is super pissed at Fenton because Nino was his favorite player. He said he was classy through and through, and one of his favorite players he’s ever coached.

Ya, I saw those. They’re all over the internet.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Those quotes are all over the internet. Boudreau went out of his way to say that Nino was traded because he couldn't play RW but was only the teams 4th best LW. Nino then said that Boudreau probably had a bad moment when he said this...Nino also repeatedly said that Boudreau never really trusted him and that Fenton never really talked to him. He also said that he's very happy with the trade because he was frustrated with his situation in Minnesota...not knowing what exactly they wanted from him...he also explained his initial success with Rod's system and him actually knowing what he's talking about (former hall of famer)...which...if you read between the lines is yet another shot at Boudreau.
My point is that this is all you're doing with these quotes.

Minnesota had 8 left-shot forwards in its top-9 at the time of the trade. I don't think anyone disputes that Nino didn't fit any more, that being forced to play down in the lineup affected his play, and that he's in a much better position to succeed in Carolina. That the trade was driven by some sort of behind the scenes, high school hallway drama is something that you've read into it.

I'll leave it at that though, because this is as pointless as all the "Koivu is a bad captain!" arguments you hear from Wild fans.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Pro tip for arguing: If you’re going to reference things that people think are controversial and doubt, like a lot of your arguments have been, you should post the concrete evidence behind your takes.

Well. Thanks for your tip but do you really think I need to tell a Wild fan what Boudreau said? They know that better than me and if not, they'll probably find those quotes much faster than me.
I can give you some of what I found with a quick search but it's in German. I read similar stuff in English...some of those are actually quotes from interviews Nino gave in English.

Kurzurlaub in Jamaika - Niederreiter: «Der Trade war das Beste, was mir passieren konnte»
«Nino ist ein grossartiger Transfer für uns»

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
My point is that this is all you're doing with these quotes.

Minnesota had 8 left-shot forwards in its top-9 at the time of the trade. I don't think anyone disputes that Nino didn't fit any more, that being forced to play down in the lineup affected his play, and that he's in a much better position to succeed in Carolina. That the trade was driven by some sort of behind the scenes, high school hallway drama is something that you've read into it.

I'll leave it at that though, because this is as pointless as all the "Koivu is a bad captain!" arguments you hear from Wild fans.

I'm not too sure. Did you ever hear Boudreau say anything bad about one of his former players? I can't think of such a situation. It's not nice to say that Nino was unable to play RW because his backhand passes weren't good enough or that he only was team's 4th best LW when he clearly wasn't.
Nino himself said that he was happy to get traded because he was getting frustrated with his situation and because Boudreau never trusted him. Even if you don't wanna read behind the lines...those things alone you normally wouldn't say in interviews right after a trade. And I mean both sides.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Back on topic (seriously, wtf), can you believe we got Nino for Rask straight up? Because I still can't.
Nino will sleep with everyone's wife and sister down there, and make you all feel bad. He will also insult the quality of your BBQ, and vote Communist while wearing an Iron Maiden T shirt.

Send him back to us and we will send Rask back, in pieces if you wish. This is one time offer, and will expire in three years, so hurry, and act fast!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->