Confirmed with Link: Canes get Niederreiter for Rask!?!?

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Watching the losing effort against the Devils, it occurred to me that the Canes will probably still make the playoffs, mostly because they have stopped being a bad hockey team. Niederreiter might be the major reason for that.

No if we make the playoffs it’s because we trade Pesce + Ferland + Hamilton for Johnsson + Brown + Zaitsev + Liligren/2nd

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So Rask hurt himself by stepping on a puck, and not stepping back off it. I mean, how was he to know what that unfamiliar, black, disc-like thing on the ice was? He's not a physicist, he's a hockey player, damn it!

Rask did contribute to a goal, though. While in the offensive zone, he slid a hard pass...to Shane Ghostisbierre, who was so surprised that he immediately coughed it up to Luke Kunin, who scored. Rask didn't get an assist, but he should've, IMO...I mean, who thinks the game like that? He is on a whole other level, that Nino can only dream about.

Last edited:

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
Lol.
He scores 30 since getting those PP-setups from Matthews. Before Matthews' arrival he was good for a good half of those 30. And no...Kadri isn't a late bloomer:laugh:

This is so incredibly misinformed it's HILARIOUS. Like my goodness, it's like you made up something and went with it.

Kadri has 10 PP points this year. He had 19 all of last year. That's marginal production. Certainly not riding the coat tails of anyone. And Matthews is a shooter on the PP (if you watched 1 game you'd know this). I'd wager he had very few assists, probably some secondary assists, on any of Kadris goals.

But really, the point is, kadri's PP production is extremely marginal and he's certainly not the product of anyone. I don't even think he played on Matthews PP last season very much at all.

Reactions: Identity404

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
I just had to check...

Kadri had 7 powerplay goals last year. 7. Means he had 25 Even strength.

he has 6 PP goals this year.

these are not numbers of a guy living off Matthews lol Normally I let these comments slide but this one was SO ill informed it needed to be straightened out.

Anyways, Nino is awesome guys, you killed that trade.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
This is so incredibly misinformed it's HILARIOUS. Like my goodness, it's like you made up something and went with it.

Kadri has 10 PP points this year. He had 19 all of last year. That's marginal production. Certainly not riding the coat tails of anyone. And Matthews is a shooter on the PP (if you watched 1 game you'd know this). I'd wager he had very few assists, probably some secondary assists, on any of Kadris goals.

But really, the point is, kadri's PP production is extremely marginal and he's certainly not the product of anyone. I don't even think he played on Matthews PP last season very much at all.

dont think he represents all of us, we inherited him with nino

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

It's not marginal and I don't care anyways. Kadri sucks and he's a dirty shitbag on top of it. He fits in perfectly with the Leafs and can stay right where he is.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
I just had to check...

Kadri had 7 powerplay goals last year. 7. Means he had 25 Even strength.

he has 6 PP goals this year.

these are not numbers of a guy living off Matthews lol Normally I let these comments slide but this one was SO ill informed it needed to be straightened out.

Anyways, Nino is awesome guys, you killed that trade.

Honestly, I thought we had gotten rid of him. But now he's back. Thanks to you.

P.S. You still can't have Pesce for Zaitsev, Brown and a 2nd.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Honestly, I thought we had gotten rid of him. But now he's back. Thanks to you.

P.S. You still can't have Pesce for Zaitsev, Brown and a 2nd.

This coming from a guy who believes that Sandin could be NHL-ready next season is beyond ridiculous:laugh:
You made day once again. Thanks a lot:laugh:

PS: If Waddell takes Zaitsev in any deal, he deserves to get fired. The Canes don't need to take a cap dump.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Right? That was some Oilers level asset management by Fenton.

I agree. But he was shopping Niederreiter for quite a while and apparently didn't get a better offer.

I don't think Fenton cares...he just wants to clean the house and he's far from done.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I see that Nino has now 9 points in 10 games... which is good.

I hope it will click for Nino in Raleigh.
He was a highly touted prospect ... who was often subject to mismanagement ... (truly i mean !!)
At the Islanders, to start with, who drafted him, and then at the wilds at the end. Logically points were falling.
Looking at the tools he has, he can reach the 0.8 pts/game.

Hopefully he found his home.
time will tell.

The Isles didn't treat him very well...that's true. But there are reasons why two franchises couldn't wait to lose him and since you're Swiss born you should know that. Just gotta admit it...

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Someone playoff bandwagoning the Canes. What a hilarious and welcome change that would be.
Cool. I'll be one of your superficial, fly-in, groupie types who you will soon learn to scorn, and get restraining orders on.

Seriously(just this once) you guys have a chance to be really good in a couple of years if your luck holds and Svechnikov and Necas turn out. Just make sure to keep your draft picks, and not give in to the temptation of trading them away for TDL pickups(like EStaal).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad