Confirmed with Link: Canes get Niederreiter for Rask!?!?

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Anyway this hot pepper, bean talk is making me hungry. There's the extra plate of chili con carne in the fridge that my work buddy yanked up in the evening shift, but I shouldn't go and touch that now as I already have eaten a bagful of food I reserved for the working stint foolishly thinking it would be enough.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
I'm still confused by the number of Minnesota fans who claim Nino did nothing and was invisible when even before the trade he was a .5 PPG player THIS season. I understand he might not have taken the next step in his play and was disappointing in that regard, but he was still producing at a decent rate despite that. And then they get back a player who was doing worse and actually declining even more steeply in exactly the way they made it sound like Nino was doing. Tough crowd.

Yeah, we have a guy producing *slightly* better than that (.595 ppg) and we're throwing millions of dollars at him and he won't take it.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
We're REALLY sorry dude.
tenor.gif

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
This feels like the Ruutu - Ladd trade except Ladd wasn’t bad like Rask. He just hadn’t developed yet.

Nino seems like an awesome dude and has the tools to be a great physical player and producer like Ruutu was before his body turned to dust.

When we eventually trade a d + the picks and prospects acquired with the upcoming Ferland trade we can hopefully fill out the rest of the top 6.

Nino absolutely deserves top line minutes so Necas can make the jump and Svech continues to develop, you slot in a legit top 6 C or W and that is two very solid lines.

We have more than enough 3rd and 4th line players to play around with. D is set for a long time, just need to solidify the goalie situation.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Hey rask just scored for us. Goals are now only 5–1 in favor of Nino.

We are really thankful for Nino. And I really do hope Rask becomes a serviceable player for you guys. He’s shown before that he can play at a pretty high level and score goals, it’s just that he hasn’t done that in a while. Plus he’s a super nice guy, I sure hope he continues to find success.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Why do I feel that your nose is growing while you are typing this, and you are giggling and mouthing words like, "Sucka!"

Completely sincere. He’s a serviceable player when healthy, but I don’t think it’s unfair to say that missing most of the season with a major injury has caused a marked decrease in his ability to play this year.

I expect him to bounce back next year, and since I expect Nino to come back down to earth at some point (if not this year than definitely next), I’m betting the trade will look much more even by next Feb (if not earlier).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad