Post-Game Talk: Canes def. Nucks - 3-2 (Miller x 2)

WHoll win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
What are the odds that Horvat could be packaged with OEL for one to two year cap dumps and maybe a middling pick? I know it would be difficult for another team to absorb 12 mil in cap, hence the cap dumps.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Time to bench Joshua, guy is a front runner liability out there taking stupid penalties and getting hemmed in our own zone.

That’s first Carolina goal was all him, stupid penalty when led to a goal.

Bench this guy, sick of his shit.

Slurpeelover27

Unleash the MaKaraken!!!
Mar 7, 2018
British Columbia
This team is so fragmented its unbelievable.

Bruce who was gonna set the lines from the start of camp has a firm hand on the blender now. It's full chaos and I'm actually bewildered by the decisions

You move Kuzmenko a proven scorer down to a 3rd line after leading the team in high danger chances where it's inevitable the dam breaks?

Pettersson gets grabbed by Aho to get open for the goal that sealed their fate. Nice job stripes.

Michayev has no hands. Fast skating checker gets 4.75

Hoglander is an energy player but has to be the 3rd piece not someone relied to produce. Pod is still in that mold yet they play with Pettersson expected to be our top line

Garland on a 3rd line with Kuzmenko and Amen? Like WTF really? oddest choice of the season. 2 small guys who need some size to play with get a 3rd liner from the SEL.

The defense lol. I mean what can you say? Slow as F, Incompetent at puck support. Myers OEL Schenn firmly playing beer league. Brisebois not even close to a decent NHLer and then Burroughs our best D and Rathbone who at least provided an effort and some spark in his play but is a bit lost by the positioning.

This is getting tough to watch
Fragmented is the perfect word for this team right now but not exactly the way you describe it. It doesn’t appear that the players trust in each other. Teams can overachieve when they have each other’s backs and actually want to play for each other and win together they give that second effort. So many lazy plays where that extra effort is the difference between winning and losing. Any team in the NHL should be able to beat any other team on any given night if the effort is there. The talent is definitely there. The belief and effort is not.

Ruthervin

Jul 30, 2022
Seattle
November is going to be ugly, the fan interest is going to be bad and it’ll be run over with the opposing team fanbase. A couple wins in the next few games can right the ship but man oh man it’s being tough to support this team.

Management is out to lunch, players are frustrated and tired. Which now turns our attention to our child abusing owner, his MIA and I swear to god he better have a plan to sell this team. The fans aren’t buying his bullshit anymore…
Don't worry about November bro......

BC Lions vs. Calgary Stampeders.

BC Place Stadium

Reactions: 82Ninety42011

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Mark November.3rd on your calenders ladies and gentlemen…

Kevin Bieksa is having his retirement send off and boy oh boy Aquaman better not show his face to that ceremony. He will be mercifully booed out of the building and I’m sure there will be SELL THE TEAM chants.

Bieksa is beloved by Canucks fans, if Aquaman even hinted on showing up for that it’ll just make people more upset.

Don't worry about November bro......

BC Lions vs. Calgary Stampeders.

BC Place Stadium
It’s the CFL, why bother

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
I remember this consultant for NHL teams that they had on sportsnet from Sportlogiq

Under green Vancouver was essentially one of if not the worst teams in the league on the forcheck and he showed why

They have this set play where both wingers stand at the blue line and the defenceman passes the puck as hard as he can and they tip it in
Only problem is both wingers are stationary so it is the center man vs both defense on the forcheck and we never won that battle

We are back to doing that same stupid ass play.
Infuriating
God. Why the f*** do they do this. It drives me crazy, lmao.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Start off the season with a 7 game losing streak and get 2 f***ing points out of it..

Back to back Friday and Saturday against Seattle and Pittsburgh.

I hope ownership can go f*** off, what a f***ing mess.

bye bye brucy? after both those games are gureenteed losses? mike yeo interim?

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Mike Yeo f***ing sucks, rather have Travis Green back behind the bench.

then we have no other choice... fa gonna be paying three coaches stll on his payroll. green/torts and now BB. now trade someone to send a message. go full mike keenan style.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
then we have no other choice... fa gonna be paying three coaches stll on his payroll. green/torts and now BB. now trade someone to send a message. go full mike keenan style.

Not worth stressing anymore, this team f***s up my mood. Thank goodness the Raiders won on Sunday.

Nov 1, 2011
They don't have any centres ... how do they trade him without tanking?

At this point, doesn't it make sense to tank?

The team earned a chance to prove the end of last year was real. Now they're almost 10% through the season without a win...time to trade everyone and tank.

Reactions: B-rock

Ruthervin

Jul 30, 2022
Seattle
Serious question - how much of the Canucks' current problems can be directly attributed to Ryp the pup right now? Perhaps this is where the boards and I will have a difference of opinion, but I'm not really sure if Ryp is pulling his weight.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
As much as I want to be angry at Horvat, and he definitely owns part of this, I strongly believe he’s the product of some of the worst development out there. Had he been brought along by a quality organization or when the Canucks were a quality organization I would bet good money he’s a valuable core piece and not this flawed player we have now.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Actually stopped watching after the first. Decided it would be better to sleep then to stay up to midnight.

Looking at the stats on the night….about a 25% share of scoring chances at ES. Even with a depleted blueline that’s yikes.

OEL, Myers and Pettersson with under 10% xGF%! Double Yikes. Not throwing Pettersson under the bus as he’s been good this year at driving play. The only one good at it. Canes likely recognized it and shut him down. Those are not numbers you should be seeing from your supposed leaders on the blueline though.

And the logo tweets….the more this goes one the more it sounds like a room with more than a few sulking babies. If true then there is no way to right the ship without a massive purge.

Last edited:
Reactions: Indiana

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I'll be honest I couldn't even watch as have no confidence in them right now. Turned on game and lost interest within 5 they just keep breaking my heart. Until they win a few or make some drastic change I'll just read about them can't watch. 40 years plus been following them but one heartache after another. Please Canucks do something.

Reactions: Indiana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad