Post-Game Talk: Canes def. Canucks - 4-1 (Horvat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
I was actually kind of confused watching him skate so well in the first 5-10 games of the season and doubted myself a bit ... but what we're seeing lately is exactly how I remember his skating from the last year or two in Arizona.
That contract will be Benning's final FU to the Vancouver Canucks.

Reactions: geebaan

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Serious question. Is anyone rooting for a tank job here?

I'm conflicted. We may need a high pick but are far from a bottom feeder. Still want some of the rookies to progress and fear some of our top assets may diminish their value by requesting trades.
Personally I’m hoping for a blow (up) job.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
You think FAQ has permanently poisoned the well with some players?

I don't think it's FAQ specifically, but the fact that many of these players went through many dark years watching their GM absolutely blunder through trades and FA signings that failed to make the team better, then they finally get a taste of success, back their way into the playoffs, go on a run, and then immediately downgrade the team and go back to being a bottom feeder/bubble-at-best team. We heard the comments from players about losing Tanev/Markstrom/Toffoli. We heard the comments from players about the handling of the outbreak last year.

There is a lot of bad blood that hasn't been resolved IMO.

Reactions: Peen and MS

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
I don't think it's FAQ specifically, but the fact that many of these players went through some dark years watching their GM absolutely blunder through trades and FA signings that failed to make the team better, then they finally get a taste of success, back their way into the playoffs, go on a run, and then immediately downgrade the team and go back to being a bottom feeder/bubble-at-best team. We heard the comments from players about losing Tanev/Markstrom/Toffoli. We heard the comments from players about the handling of the outbreak last year.

There is a lot of bad blood that hasn't been resolved IMO.

I actually think it was FAQ specifically because remember how the FO communicated to the players? Through their agents and not directly.

No player ever had a 1-on-1 talk with Jimbo.

Reactions: timw33

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Also, we’re bringing in the entry position general manager.
Rutherford said during multiple interviews that he’s going to have big input on all decisions as well
we will probably see moves soon after the GM comes in. The moves should be telling and will let us know what direction we are going and who is calling the shots. Also I guess who is calling the shots don’t really matter, it’s the logic behind them.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
It’s amazing how badly Benning f***ed this team up
Almost all in the last year. Everything was still redeemable before the trade deadline/Pearson extension last year.

All of Bennings garbage was slated to fall off the team, could have sold to add some small futures at the deadline, and if the sales drop the team by a single point in the standings then we could have been drafting Eklund or Clarke, still have our 2nd this year, and no OEL, Poolman or Dickinson anchors.........

He doesn't get nearly enough heat for the damage he did in 2021 alone, let alone the previous 7 years.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Plus Hoglander and Podkolzin for me.

Personally, I include Garland as well. I sifted through the entire roster during the break and had Hughes, Demko, and OEL(contract) as the permanent assets. Podz, Hoglander, and Garland as just a tier below them (movable if you’re blown away). Horvat, Miller, Pettersson, and Myers as the guys that decisions need to be made on.

Reactions: B-rock
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad