Post-Game Talk: Canes def. Canucks - 4-1 (Horvat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Like honestly, we’re not even playing that awful on this road trip, we’re just literally outclassed every game.

We have played way worse this season, and last.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Serious question. Is anyone rooting for a tank job here?

I'm conflicted. We may need a high pick but are far from a bottom feeder. Still want some of the rookies to progress and fear some of our top assets may diminish their value by requesting trades.
I don't want to deliberately tank, but I do want to sell half of the top 6 and dump our anchors asap. Don't care if we replace them this year or next.

This draft has a bunch of high end RD's and C's in the top 10 and this season is already a write off...

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site

I'm conflicted. We may need a high pick but are far from a bottom feeder. Still want some of the rookies to progress and fear some of our top assets may diminish their value by requesting trades.
Not a tank but reality is theyre not good enough, esp when EP slumping this badly. Id like to see them load up in this draft — get a 1st plus for Miller, a 2nd for Halak, maybe a 2nd for Motte. Then you have a 26&under core, better suited for the next 2-5 years.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
We definitely arent a bottom 5 team. You could argue bottom 10 but we are nowhere near as bad as Montreal, Buffalo, Arizona, Chicago and Seattle

We absolutely are a bottom 5 team. How do you figure we are not? Look at the standings in the last 5 years.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Not a tank per se. But if we're doing poorly enough to precipitate a JTM trade at the peak of his value, that might be for the best.

If BB has a player he wants its Miller ive caught a couple of interviews and he loves how he plays

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021

We honestly don’t really have a choice tbh. Only thing we can do is trim the fat, dead skin cells, dead brain cells and keep the young healthy muscle and brain cells. And hope the core wants to stay.

If Miller, Horvat, Boeser , and Ep request trades we can deal with it. And I think podz and hogz are too young to be entitled for awhile yet.

So as long as Hughes and Demko don’t want out we are good.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I don’t think so…not anymore now that the regime has been changed.

I think most are becoming resigned to what needs to be done. And that is the team needs to sell off some prime assets like Miller and likely Horvat to get the assets we should have been collecting through all those years of sucking. There will be and needs to be major roster turnover.

This is it in a nutshell. There's still something that's just...off about this group, I feel like there's too much bad blood from the way the team was handled over their entire careers, especially from watching the team get actively worse and not building off of the success of the bubble run.

There's a lot of apathy and moping from a lot of players (Horvat, Miller, Pettersson). But compounding all the issues the looming Boeser RFA status, and Horvat/Miller value deals ending after next.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
This road trip could lead to some pretty franchise altering decisions. Glad JR and BB didn't ride too high on the the early dead cat bounce knowing that they would have to face 6 litmus test games in a row.
We’ll see…Id say JR liked what he saw against TB..Confirmed his worst thoughts this afternoon..The team (and Demko in particular) was rusty in the FLA game..

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Like honestly, we’re not even playing that awful on this road trip, we’re just literally outclassed every game.

We have played way worse this season, and last.
Now that Green and Benning are gone the team is actually playing up to their ability, which is that of a middle of the road team that is 1-2 good defencemen away from doing anything. And that's fine -- at least it's a starting point and we know where we stand instead of seeing talented players perform unpredictably and without the support of a system.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
This is it in a nutshell. There's still something that's just...off about this group, I feel like there's too much bad blood from the way the team was handled over their entire careers, especially from watching the team get actively worse and not building off of the success of the bubble run.

There's a lot of apathy and moping from a lot of players (Horvat, Miller, Pettersson). But compounding all the issues the looming Boeser RFA status, and Horvat/Miller value deals ending after next.
You think FAQ has permanently poisoned the well with some players?

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
We honestly don’t really have a choice tbh. Only thing we can do is trim the fat, dead skin cells, dead brain cells and keep the young healthy muscle and brain cells. And hope the core wants to stay.

If Miller, Horvat, Boeser , and Ep request trades we can deal with it. And I think podz and hogz are too young to be entitled for awhile yet.

So as long as Hughes and Demko don’t want out we are good.

what? lol. We are not “good”.
This team will soon be in full sell off mode outside of the above 2. JR will build a team he wants. Not bennings team but it’s going to come at a cost. Buying out OEL, trading BB for picks.
JR said he wants to get younger and is not looking to trade picks. He knows they are rebuilding (again).

f*** , another decade of this shit

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
I was actually kind of confused watching him skate so well in the first 5-10 games of the season and doubted myself a bit ... but what we're seeing lately is exactly how I remember his skating from the last year or two in Arizona.
So... lingering injury.

That's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad