Post-Game Talk: Canes def. Canucks - 4-1 (Horvat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I was actually kind of confused watching him skate so well in the first 5-10 games of the season and doubted myself a bit ... but what we're seeing lately is exactly how I remember his skating from the last year or two in Arizona.
Damn well were in for a world of hurt then which was my initial reaction to that deal.

I went back and watched and analyzed his playoff in 19/20 where he was really good and thought maybe it was a case of just needing a fresh start but it's starting to look like the Eriksson situation where he's lost the wheels his shot has become a muffin and him elevating is just a boring capable top4 for a few seasons before we have a retirement contract on a pylon

Of all the players that needed to step up on this road trip it was him and the veterans. So far a complete ghost.

Season is fading fast

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Canuck friends,
Did you see this and what do you guys think of this? His body language looks very bad.

giphy.gif

hotcabbagesoup

Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
What was bad about the body language? I didn't see the game. It looks in the GIF that he is mad about being tripped by the goalie.

Right after the shot where he breaks his stick, it looks like he stops playing (like a controller disconnect moment). Doesn't even try to move the puck with his skate.

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
If we lose the next 2 do you think Aquaboy might cancel the home game against Florida? If he does i think it would be a really bad move as it makes are season ending schedule even harder.

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
Krakken, Yotes, Sens, Habs, and Sabres are definitely worse.

Sens aren’t worse. They finished ahead of us last season. Only anchor contract they have is Murray . And only overpaid player they have is Tkachuk, who actually probably won’t be overpaid by next year or the year after at the latest. I think they pass us next season easily if Stuetzle takes another step and Sanderson is ready.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Considering the perfect storm of cancellations and brutal road trip right afterwards we are playing great. Tonight the Canes were what I call the "New Big Red Machine", just about perfect, reminded me of the classic Soviet teams. What amazes me about them is how they can excel in an environment that is filled with music that is as terrible as it is. Their DJ should be horsewhipped...

Canes fan lurking. Completely missed the game. But I wanted to say our DJ is so atrocious. I completely agree. General sports fans usually play harmless mediocre music. I can tolerate the ACDC stuff, and like it to an extent. Our arena also plays "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond and our fans eat it up. It makes me want to vomit.

Anyway, our DJ literally goes by the name "DJ Mista Illz". They give him the close up camera usually 1 time a game to "scratch".

Thank you for the complimentary words to the team and best of luck to you lads and lasses. I love Thatcher Demko.

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
what? lol. We are not “good”.
This team will soon be in full sell off mode outside of the above 2. JR will build a team he wants. Not bennings team but it’s going to come at a cost. Buying out OEL, trading BB for picks.
JR said he wants to get younger and is not looking to trade picks. He knows they are rebuilding (again).

f*** , another decade of this shit

I am aware. I just said we are good from players requesting trades out as long as it’s not Hughes and Demko. The original poster said would you be worried about people wanting out if we tank. I said we are good. I didn’t say that we were good and the team wasn’t a mess. Lol

Last edited:

hotcabbagesoup

Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Is it bad that I'm glad he got tripped? He just coasts in, shakes his gloves like 'oh well', ignores the puck then slides into the boards.

No, I don't think it's bad. In the end, we all want our players to become really good players who work hard to improve and sometimes they need a smack on the head or a faceplant into the endboards to wake them up.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Horvat and Miller should be moved. I'm on the fence on EP if you can get a good young player+High end prospect and a 1st round pick I'd do it.

Basically, retool around Demko and Hughes.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Im in the party of moving Boeser and Miller, and hopefully giving Hoglander and Podkolzin more responsibility.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Hog and Pod are good young complementary players. If you build lines or worse yet offenses around them then it’s not going to work out well.

Thats true, I am okay with tanking for a few years to draft players to build around. Thats something that may happen if Miller/Horvat/Boeser are moved anyways.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
All 3 of these teams we just played had D corps on another level than ours. They all are so much more sound in their end, closing on guys and pucks with size and speed and positional strength, then up the ice the puck goes …was the most glaring difference to me. We produced a lot of shots, but few high danger ones. Until we get a couple Cernak/Weegar/Skjei types — big, solid, in their prime 20s — we’re going nowhere. Hunt Poolman Schenn should be fighting for #7D, OEL needs more footspeed. Hughes has been great and Myers has actually been a pleasant surprise, with his best hockey as a Canuck. We need 2 top 4 RHDs and get Rathbone in on the left. I would still love to get Schneider from the Rangers or Dobson from the Isles…

Reactions: sting101

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Most players would have probably tried to get control of the puck into the boards and kick it to a teammate. It looks like he doesnt even look down at the puck after his stick breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad