Post-Game Talk: Canes def. Canucks - 4-1 (Horvat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuxnuxnux

May 15, 2011
Canuck friends,
Did you see this and what do you guys think of this? His body language looks very bad.

giphy.gif
Absolutely disgusting behavior, just completely gives up on the play and stops skating, finding it very hard to root for this kid, he’s showing his true colors well

Reactions: Grub

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
What happened to the heart of this team?

Never thought in a million years we'd see Petterson this ineffective after he dominated the ice vs Vegas in the playoffs and controlled play.

Horvat hasn't looked dangerous in a while. Boeser when he's not smart positionally and shooting is toothless.

We all thought this was the foundation for a successful core moving forward including Demko/Hughes.....

Last edited:

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
What happened to the heart of this team?

Never thought in a million years we'd see Petterson this ineffective after he dominated the ice vs Vegas in the playoffs and controlled play.

Horvat hasn't looked dangerous in a while. Boeser when he's not smart positionally and shooting is toothless.

We all thought this was a the foundation for successful core moving forward including Demko/Hughes.....

Jim Benning happened. He jettisoned all the heart and core roleplayers on this (who can actually play too, mind you. Not just castoffs like Beagle).

I wouldn't be too happy either.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Anyone strangely relieved with this losing streak? I still think we're a much better team than under Green, but we still have huge warts.

I think this paints a more accurate picture of where we're at, thus enabling JR and the new GM to make better informed changes.

QH still carrying too much of the offensive load. Defence needs an overhaul. Benning left a few turds on his way out. Will be a messy cleanup.

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
Anyone strangely relieved with this losing streak? I still think we're a much better team than under Green, but we still have huge warts.

I think this paints a more accurate picture of where we're at, thus enabling JR and the new GM to make better informed changes.

QH still carrying too much of the offensive load. Defence needs an overhaul. Benning left a few turds on his way out. Will be a messy cleanup.

I am relieved. If we did well on this trip JR might have decided that we are one or two pieces away. We are definitely not.

Last edited:

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
Just watched the highlites, missed the game.

as usual Myers prone to mistakes, we are not going to win anything with him in the top 4.

Petey looks much more dangerous, he needs to filter out the noise, dumb fans will want to trade him. Eventually he will break out.

Powerplay can go quiet for a stretch because we don't have an elite half board passer. Been saying that for a few years now. Petey was doing both (half board passer/one timer) in the past, which is too much for any 1 player.

OEL doesn't seem to move as well, but he's been like this since getting slewfoot by Marchand and then that injury that forced him to leave the game for a bit.

Build that top 4 properly around Hughes is step 1. Getting a high end playmaker who can work with Petey will be step 2.

Losing to Florida/Tampa/Carolina doesn't mean we are not a playoff team, good for JR and co too see the real weakness of the team, but if they are smart should see that there's a lot of good to build around.

Reactions: mathonwy

likash

Apr 17, 2019
We did not play bad but we just don't have the horses. This is what happens when Demko can't play like in december. Suddenly the defence looks bad. Some people never learn and got fooled again by Demko's play. Even during the win streak we gave up golden opportunities but Demko bailed us out.

The december win streak was due to: regime change, Demko's play and everything going well for us in the offensive zone. Too bad Aqua is a greedy moron because we could have 4/5 more wins right now from december VS Ari,SJS,ANA and Sea. We maybe even beat the Leafs and win 5/5

Last edited:

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
Ottawa just beat both Alberta teams by blitzing them. I don’t think the people so set against that game getting postponed are reading that properly.

I think they blitz us too and rattle us for Florida. Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: sting101

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
Ottawa just beat both Alberta teams by blitzing them. I don’t think the people so set on that game getting postponed are reading that properly.

I wonder if like last year they just had a slow start and are going to go on a heater to finish off the season.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I saw that replay

is that a broken stick, or just lost grip?

what I saw was him giving up so quickly even though the play was still active and his stick was probably not broken.

If his wrist his not 100% he needs to get it checked and take whatever time he needs to get it back the way it was.

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
I wonder if like last year they just had a slow start and are going to go on a heater to finish off the season.

6-3-1 last 10 games and 3 of those games they stomped the panthers, bolts, and avs.

So I think they go on a bit of a run. Probably won’t catch us but I think they end up close to us.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Ottawa just beat both Alberta teams by blitzing them. I don’t think the people so set against that game getting postponed are reading that properly.

No man that was an automatic win

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Win or loss it still would have been a game to break up the layoff.

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
This is the level necessary to win rings. Like how laughably far are the Canucks from that? Blow it up and start over with competent management, which I believe we will benefit from now under Rutherford and the ladies and gentlemen he selects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad