Nowhere
Deployment

XImz0C9.png

obviously malone needs to be in the lineup instead of semin

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I really wish they had goals or points or assists (per 60 or otherwise) as a variable choice but all they have for production is just goals and first assists. One of the few complaints I have.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
War on Ice doesn't give their algorithm for weighing competition, so I couldn't tell you, to be honest. Most of the time I actually look at Corsi competition anyway but I guess I forgot to set it as that. I don't think it changes much, but as I mentioned I'm kinda drunk and in the process of writing a fanfiction sequel to the Princess Bride as punishment for a friend, so, you know, priorities.

I'd get kind of drunk if I had to do that too.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
so Peters made a point of saying that this guy shoots left but plays well on the right wing. Semin's replacement to Peters I guess...

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
so Peters made a point of saying that this guy shoots left but plays well on the right wing. Semin's replacement to Peters I guess...

You gotta think Nestrasil will be given every chance shuffling through the first 3 lines trying to find a match with some of our players. He should see lots of PP time as well I would guess.....kinda like we did with Loktionov at the end of last year.

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
A few quick hits on all this discussion.

Some other team may pick up Malone, somebody wanted Westgarth and he isn't even a hockey player.

I can't put a lot of stock in Corsica if it rates Semin as anything other than whale excrement.

Nestlie Quick may be a Peters type of guy. I'd have to think he has a warm fuzzy about the guy since they both came from an organization that has a tremendous track record for identifying and developing players.

loudernow*

Ive watched Nesty trending up for 3 years now, since he was in Toledo. Hes gotten better every year at every level hes played. I see him becoming a legit NHL second liner soon.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
Sure I wouldn't mind having Tlusty back but it depends what he asks for and if management will want to give it to him.

yeah Tlusty is a funny type of player. sometimes you read comments that he's playing poorly but even if he is it's not really noticeable. Jiri just is the way he is, so to speak. he is either noticeable in a good way or you just don't notice him much at all. he's a valuable guy to have on the roster but he could also be a good trade chip and there are probably many players like him overall.

edit: but on topic, this guy looked pretty good in his debut.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Fun facts here, Chris Terry and Jiri Tlusty were two guys who scored for us in their 1st game as a Hurricane. Terry has been playing better and we all know about Tlustys career here.

Not neccesarily bad company.

bluedevil58*

What does everyone think of this guy so far? Does he have what it takes to stick?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Nash and Rask are debatable, Teamocil's probably better then Rask now but I think Victor's the better player long term. But yeah, dude's going to be a nice addition to a team that badly needed a talent infusion from a depth standpoint.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
He uses his size assertively, there were times last night, just brief glimpses, where he was on the ice and I thought he was Staal (and I thought he was Staal playing well). I was watching standard def and couldn't really see numbers, so that's the reason for the confusion in the first place, but he has that ability to use his size along the boards while not slowing to a complete stop, it was fun to see. Obviously he's no Staal, but having that ability to make things happen and protect the puck on the cycle is valuable to a third line. Plus he's really confident and playing like a veteran, which is something else for a kid that we just picked off waivers (thank you Detroit farm system).

Last edited:

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
He plays like a guy who has spent a lot of time in the Red Wings system. Generally speaking that means you look like a damn good hockey player.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
He is an NHL player therefore I don't mind him in the middle-6.

No but really he is good on the boards and is does work around the net. His size there is a bonus. It's only been a few games but I like his play so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad