Pre-Game Talk: Canes at Islanders, ECSF Game 1, Friday, 4/26, 7 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
I forget where I saw it but someone posted the records of teams coming off of a 7 game series versus teams coming off of a sweep and I want to say the 7 game teams had a better record

Reactions: zman77

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
I forget where I saw it but someone posted the records of teams coming off of a 7 game series versus teams coming off of a sweep and I want to say the 7 game teams had a better record

Im old enough to remember when the Devils were going to romp us in game 1 in 06 because they were well rested coming off a sweep.

Yeah, they got their ass handed to them that game.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
D4_hVMcW4AApuTS.jpg

Reactions: bigredmachine

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Do you guys think Aho should rest the 1st Isles game if he's injured now? I mean, if that would be enough to get him back to normal game shape for the rest of the series. (Obviously a risky move. Especially if Ferland and Svech aren't in yet.)

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
i'm still in shock. i'm literally not mentally, physically, spiritually(?) prepared for the game on Friday yet lol. Never have I been so happy for a gap between games.

Like. this is real?
for real for real?

tenor.gif

I just....

Anyway, like I posted, I'm from NY and AGAIN lol I'm shocked to type that it will probably be cheaper to go up there for the game lol. My dad lives in Harlem and is a pretty tough looking guy so I'd feel cool going there with him. Hoping someone I know might be able to hook me up, we'll see.

i'll leave the analysis and prognostics to the more level headed fans. i'm still running around screaming.

ETA: Oh okay and looking again the ticket prices are lower because there are a lot "obstructed / limited views" seat in Barclays. never been there (#KnicksForever) so I don't even really know what htat means.

Isles fan here...
The limited view seats are pretty awful. You cant see the 1 side of the ice. Including the net.

Good luck in the series!

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Do you guys think Aho should rest the 1st Isles game if he's injured now? I mean, if that would be enough to get him back to normal game shape for the rest of the series. (Obviously a risky move. Especially if Ferland and Svech aren't in yet.)
This team goes as Aho goes. He's still grinding out points despite being nowhere close to 100% healthy. No way he sits out unless he physically can't play. He did pretty good for game 7 considering he likely has some sort of upper body injury preventing him from taking faceoffs and probably still has his lower body injury too. Kid is a warrior.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Whatever Aho is dealing with, he's likely stuck dealing with it. If it's not harm long term, he should stay in. In spite of his limitations, I thought he looked a little better in his skating last night than he has been. That could just have been effort and adrenaline for a game 7 though.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
He didn’t even make the trip to DC yesterday. One of the TSN guys mentioned on twitter that he could be back for game 2 but considering how long his current problem has seemingly been bothering him and forcing him out of games I doubt they chance it.

EDIT: one of the local writers, Luke DeCock, also speculated Ferland could potentially be in the dog house. So who knows what the deal is

I mean, no shit. We've been speculating that for weeks now. It's pretty obvious. He's not bought in, and that's the one thing that Brindy can't abide.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
The silence on Ferland is deafening, and I find it odd that he's staying home for the road games. I personally can't picture myself doing that. If my team is in the playoffs and I'm too hurt to play, I'm still going unless I'm under doctor's orders not to travel. Being hurt doesn't mean I can't be in the room with the guys.

It's one thing to stay home for a one-game road swing in November when you know you're not going to play. It's another thing in April when you're fighting for your playoff lives. That's when you just have to show the boys you're with them, and he isn't.

I do think we've seen the last of him in a Canes sweater.
I think it's why maybe it's nothing? There's silence because there's nothing to say other than the guy is hurt and can't play until he's not hurt. Maybe he's fighting Rod to get into every game hurt, and Rod is imaginary smirking because he loves the guys desire to play every game hurt or not.

Reactions: TheBigLetowski

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I mean, no ****. We've been speculating that for weeks now. It's pretty obvious. He's not bought in, and that's the one thing that Brindy can't abide.
What does that even mean? "Hasn't bought in.".

Please provide evidence that isn't rampant speculation.

Maybe you guys are right but many people are literally making shit up and producing narratives about it. Just like I did last post.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
What does that even mean? "Hasn't bought in.".

Please provide evidence that isn't rampant speculation.

Maybe you guys are right but many people are literally making **** up and producing narratives about it. Just like I did last post.

It means that he has habitually taken himself out of games this season. On three different occasions that I can recall, he removed himself from the lineup because of injury. The last time, in literally one of the most important games of the season. "Sorry coach, guess I should have known in warm-ups, good luck playing a guy short for 50 minutes."

If you've watched the press conferences, you've seen Brindy's body language. You've seen the way he compliments players who fight their guts out. When was the last time Brindy said a good word about Ferland?

Do you think Brindy is the type who would say "boy it sucks that Player X isn't in there, that guy is a gamer, but we need to keep him out because he's more valuable than one game?"

If X=Svechnikov, multiple times he's said that.

If X=Ferland, zero times he's said that.

I get it. You love Ferland and what he potentially brings. But if Brindy *actually thought that*, he would *actually say that*. Instead, he says nothing.

Feel free to draw your own conclusion.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
I think it's why maybe it's nothing? There's silence because there's nothing to say other than the guy is hurt and can't play until he's not hurt. Maybe he's fighting Rod to get into every game hurt, and Rod is imaginary smirking because he loves the guys desire to play every game hurt or not.

Bleed, I know you're role around here is to spout Occam's Razor every time we try to read between the lines, and most of the time, it serves you well. But in this instance, there is literally *no* reason for Ferland not to be on this trip. He's obviously not "fighting Rod to get into every game hurt," when he's literally *not there*.

Unless he's fighting him via text, in which case, we know the injury isn't to his fingers.

RibFrabcus

Bevy of Humanity
Aug 28, 2015
Triad, NC
Whatever Aho is dealing with, he's likely stuck dealing with it. If it's not harm long term, he should stay in. In spite of his limitations, I thought he looked a little better in his skating last night than he has been. That could just have been effort and adrenaline for a game 7 though.

I thought this as well. He seemed to be more comfortable changing directions and accelerating which is a huge part of his effectiveness.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Bleed, I know you're role around here is to spout Occam's Razor every time we try to read between the lines, and most of the time, it serves you well. But in this instance, there is literally *no* reason for Ferland not to be on this trip. He's obviously not "fighting Rod to get into every game hurt," when he's literally *not there*.

Unless he's fighting him via text, in which case, we know the injury isn't to his fingers.
Dude, I'm just making an example of speculating bs into a narrative. We don't know a thing. Character assassination via keyboard stroke is about as cowardice as it comes and it bothers me when we stoop to it. Let TO fans be that guy. This guy bled for this team. You all saw it. You know how valuable he can be and how he would perfect for us right now. He's clearly not available and until we know the real story we should probably just focus on all the good shit. If we need to talk smack about people, there are so many external forces to enjoy battling against. Especially the Caps. Seriously f*** all of them and the majority of their fans - they earned it. We know they earned it. Tearing up Ferland when we're reading between the lines should be beneath us.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad