Pre-Game Talk: Canes at Islanders, ECSF Game 1, Friday, 4/26, 7 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
So, after all that, now we have to focus on the Islanders? I'm glad I'm not playing, because I'm nearly out of gas. I guess the guys just treat it as a three-game roadie with a Game 7 mixed in?!?

The quick turnaround isn't going to help the MASH unit, either. Martinook is playing on one leg, Svech is still dealing, and Ferland is injured, in the doghouse, or both. de Haan looks like he's playing with something, and Aho's not been quite right for a while.

Maybe we should just forfeit Game 1, take three days off in NYC and come out Sunday ready to dominate. :)

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
At least two more chances to play at the PNC. Sounds great to me.

I’m hoping Martinook and Svechnikov can return at some point in this series. Both would be a huge boost to the team, and Svechnikov getting more playoff experience always helps.

Ferland...eh, whatever.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Bank account is gonna take a hit.

I hope that we do little skating before the game. Let everyone heal up and get their electrolytes back.

Play our game in game one but we have to really press them hard the first game. I would have up ice pressure on any defenders in their zone and cheating defenders. They are going to be well rested but rusty. Force some and take advantage of early mistakes from them.

Take the outcome for game 1 and strategize for game 2. Talk about the areas we want to get to and where to shoot the puck on Lehner.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Take a look at the ice time last night for the D. Slavin 38, Pesce and Faulk 35, De haan 30, Hamilton....23.

I thought de Haan was awesome last and have been waiting for elevated ice time at the expense of Hamilton and his gaffes. Love the offense that 19 brings, but man there are so many head scratching plays.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Take a look at the ice time last night for the D. Slavin 38, Pesce and Faulk 35, De haan 30, Hamilton....23.

I thought de Haan was awesome last and have been waiting for elevated ice time at the expense of Hamilton and his gaffes. Love the offense that 19 brings, but man there are so many head scratching plays.
One hopes whatever matchups he has this series won't be quite as good at putting every mistake he makes in the back of the net.

CanesFanBudMan

Borg member
Jun 14, 2016

He'd likely have had more at home - RBA was trying to keep him away from OV

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
i'm still in shock. i'm literally not mentally, physically, spiritually(?) prepared for the game on Friday yet lol. Never have I been so happy for a gap between games.

Like. this is real?
for real for real?

tenor.gif

I just....

Anyway, like I posted, I'm from NY and AGAIN lol I'm shocked to type that it will probably be cheaper to go up there for the game lol. My dad lives in Harlem and is a pretty tough looking guy so I'd feel cool going there with him. Hoping someone I know might be able to hook me up, we'll see.

i'll leave the analysis and prognostics to the more level headed fans. i'm still running around screaming.

ETA: Oh okay and looking again the ticket prices are lower because there are a lot "obstructed / limited views" seat in Barclays. never been there (#KnicksForever) so I don't even really know what htat means.

backwards motion

Sep 29, 2017
Gotta say. I was a bit non-believer. I was afraid, but feels weird that SC champs were bested. But my math was correct, as of your finer mathematicians told, "I we win this one, we get more viewing time". No more washing the car though, now the hurricane is coming to an Isle. Let's make it a big one. Can't wait. This must feel so good for the original fans since even I, an imported beer... I mean peer, love it.

Islanders won't go away without a fight, but hey, did I mention the team just didn't quit and the stanley cup champs are out. Crazy series all over the NHL but... just shows us that even if this is uncharted territory for Carolina. They way of the play shows also that we have a fighting chance in every game.

TL;DR: Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad