Pre-Game Talk: Canes at Islanders, ECSF Game 1, Friday, 4/26, 7 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I was running around the house hopped up on victory and missed the post-game stuff

I ran around the house, then sat and watched every highlight and post-game report until about 2am.

Do you guys think Aho should rest the 1st Isles game if he's injured now? I mean, if that would be enough to get him back to normal game shape for the rest of the series. (Obviously a risky move. Especially if Ferland and Svech aren't in yet.)

I don't think rest will get him back into normal shape. I'm still of the belief its something requiring surgery, but not something that can be made much worse by playing (obviously).

My money is on wrist, also explains why his shot has been a bit off -- but yes, could be any of those things.

A wrist wouldn't explain his lack of speed. Could be both an upper and a lower.

toastmasterbone

Mar 14, 2013
mebbin
Yes, I had assumed a previous LBI.
I thought maybe a rib or rotator. Especially after he landed weird when he did his aerial Nutcracker leap into J. Quick's glove. Plus, they've cited an upper body injury, so it can't be the wrist because the wrists are below the upper-lower demarcation line when they're in your pockets or when tying shoes.

Reactions: Stubu and Tryamw

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
D.C.
This is definitely correct.

The Canes are 50-24-11 all time against the Islanders. That might be our best record against anyone?

C7AypznUwAAJNbM.jpg

LOL. Okay. well. that's encouraging.

Not like this will really affect anyone's life / day or anyting lol but I won't be posting too much in here til tomorrow because i'm taking today to celebrate the win / soak it in.

Moment/win/series I will never forget. Made a girl moving to NC who just jumped halfway on the bandwagon to see a local hockey team a fan for life.

Everything else is icing at this point. that being said, hopefully, we get a lot of icing.

#CanesInSix (who are we kidding it will be CanesIn13 Ending in a quadruple overtime) ;)

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Does Curtis get the nod in game 1 to let Mrazek rest a little?
Mac is a consummate professional who everyone loves but Mrazek is Brindy's boy. Petr was one of the first guys to go over and hug Brindy, and Brindy was hugging him back as if he was his own son. So basically what I'm saying, less than zero percent chance Mrazek's not starting. He's our guy for the rest of the playoffs.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Just a thought - Surge or no surge, piping in the skullclap music during a home game would be awesome with a packed house all joining in. What time in the game should they do it? Start of a PP? Or PK? During a TV timeout? Make it happen, Caniacs!

Leading up to the opening faceoff?

I agree on that completely. I get a little secrecy, but I would love to know what the whole truth is. We may not until it's all over. I do wonder what info Dreger has that makes him think Ferland might be back for game 2.

We've had the opposite of secrecy with Svech. Basically Rod is checking stages off the concussion protocol checklist.

Reactions: Tryamw

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
D.C.
Serious Question: Do we have an update on Svech?

Silly Question: What's our "theme' for this series? Against the caps we had Rocky 4 / Hearts on Fire and Avengers: Endgame.

This series with all the whacky similarities, I'm thinking something "clone/twin/ identity theft" related. (e.g. Attack of the Clones, Face/Off, The Island (never seen it but ok), Spiderman 3 was horrible but had that whole symbiote thing).

c53ddf39-36ae-418d-9c3a-6ccd83160c3c_1.bc62fe4262e0ef2ca67e86afae7a2cee.jpeg

These are the questions that keep me up at night lol.

Reactions: Stubu and Tryamw

jerksforlife

Apr 22, 2019
Serious Question: Do we have an update on Svech?

Silly Question: What's our "theme' for this series? Against the caps we had Rocky 4 / Hearts on Fire and Avengers: Endgame.

This series with all the whacky similarities, I'm thinking something "clone/twin/ identity theft" related. (e.g. Attack of the Clones, Face/Off, The Island (never seen it but ok), Spiderman 3 was horrible but had that whole symbiote thing).

c53ddf39-36ae-418d-9c3a-6ccd83160c3c_1.bc62fe4262e0ef2ca67e86afae7a2cee.jpeg

These are the questions that keep me up at night lol.
Twins. We’re Arnold. They’re Danny

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Maybe he's staying back to rehab/train. Raleigh is likely the best place to fix whatever is wrong.

What do you think is happening? He hates the team, and doesn't want to be around them now? They hate him, and don't want him around?

The big contract coming up July 1st with someone else than Canes, both sides well aware of the upcoming parting of the ways, Ferland unwilling to have himself screwed out of the big contract by getting himself all broken up now with some lingering issue?

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
The big contract coming up July 1st with someone else than Canes, both sides well aware of the upcoming parting of the ways, Ferland unwilling to have himself screwed out of the big contract by getting himself all broken up now with some lingering issue?

Given how physically reckless he played all season, why doesn't he get the benefit of the doubt? He’s not prancing about avoiding contact each time he comes back. He’s still throwing the body willy nilly, which is why he keeps getting hurt.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Game 1 will be very interesting. You would think a well rested team would have a significant advantage over a team coming off a war, and I would think Trotz has his team come out flying and pour on the pressure. However on many occasions the rested team is rusty while the team that played a long series were still game sharp and had the advantage. We will get our answer tomorrow night.

Reactions: Stubu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->