LeBrun: Canadiens reached out to Capitals to offer one of their forwards (Dadonov, Hoffman, Drouin etc) and Capitals declined

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
No one wants Habs garbage. Habs have some better pieces to trade if they are serious.
It's not really that hard to understand. The Habs aren't looking to trade to get better, they're specifically looking to trade these three because they're garbage.

Hughes is not in a hurry to trade Drouin or Dadonov since they're both UFA at the end of the season but it doesn't hurt to try and fetch a late pick if a team is interested.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Did Senators offer a first round pick along with them? Or why are they shocked they got declined.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
The time to trade Drouin / Dadonov is at tdl at 50% caphit for mid round picks. No one will trade them now.

Hoffman is untradable and is a capdump.

Reactions: McJedi

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
The time to trade Drouin / Dadonov is at tdl at 50% caphit for mid round picks. No one will trade them now.

Hoffman is untradable and is a capdump.
I don’t think anything is going to change at the trade deadline. If teams don’t want them now, then no teams gearing up for a playoff run are going to want them. They’re both pretty useless players right now. Maybe one of them raises their stock but we’re likely stuck with them.

Reactions: barbu

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I don’t think anything is going to change at the trade deadline. If teams don’t want them now, then no teams gearing up for a playoff run are going to want them. They’re both pretty useless players right now. Maybe one of them raises their stock but we’re likely stuck with them.
That's the plan. For one of them to raise there stock. Plenty of hockey to be played.

Ford Prefect

Mar 2, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
No, none.

Also, I just listened to a CBC radio interview that said overcrowded living conditions in the city of Toronto is reaching unprecedented levels and I was shocked at the state we have reached. For instance, they mentioned that Auston Matthews had recently "shared a bed with four women". Now if a super rich Hockey player has to live in cramped conditions like that, then what's it going to be like for the rest of us? Worrisome, to be sure
No, none.

Also, I just listened to a CBC radio interview that said overcrowded living conditions in the city of Toronto is reaching unprecedented levels and I was shocked at the state we have reached. For instance, they mentioned that Auston Matthews had recently "shared a bed with four women". Now if a super rich Hockey player has to live in cramped conditions like that, then what's it going to be like for the rest of us? Worrisome, to be sure.
Fake news. We’ve all seen the moustache. If he’s sharing a bed with four people, they aren’t women.

• Haha
Reactions: Realgud

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
So no teams want to give up assets for Dadanov,Hoffman or Drouin. No surprise to us Hab fans.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I mean Habs got Weber's LTIR contract for eternity off our books for 1 year of Dadonov

I thought the Coyotes were going to give up a 2nd for that contract?

I guess, in the end Dadonov went from costing a 2nd to be moved, to returning a 2nd.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
So no teams want to give up assets for Dadanov,Hoffman or Drouin. No surprise to us Hab fans.

These players are all garbage and of course no team like garbage players. Just wait for their contract to end. Nobody is going to trade for these garbage players.

Reactions: McJedi

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
These players are all garbage and of course no team like garbage players. Just wait for their contract to end. Nobody is going to trade for these garbage players.
This. Habs have 21M coming off the books next season. The plan should be to ride it out. If any of the garbage players exceed expectations and can garner something at the TDL, that's a bonus.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
No, none.

Also, I just listened to a CBC radio interview that said overcrowded living conditions in the city of Toronto is reaching unprecedented levels and I was shocked at the state we have reached. For instance, they mentioned that Auston Matthews had recently "shared a bed with four women". Now if a super rich Hockey player has to live in cramped conditions like that, then what's it going to be like for the rest of us? Worrisome, to be sure.
Top shelf cringe

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I mean, theyre all kind of garbage in the RS AND playoffs so nothing compared to Lehk/Chiarot who are solid depth p'ayers, and who raise their games in the playoffs

Chiarot raises his game in the playoffs? Are we watching the same guy who was absolutely dismantled 2 years in a row when it mattered most? It's like free zone time every time that guy was on the ice.

Last edited:

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Chiarot raises his game in the playoffs? Are we watching the same game who was absolutely dismantled 2 years in a row when it mattered most? It's like free zone time every time that guy was on the ice.

To be fair Chiarot doesnt have a "huge" game to raise. But with Montreal he "hacked and chopped" al' the sy through the finals

Anyway, who cares about Chiarot, hes locked now. Drouin, Hoffman and Dadonov... it doesnt surprise me if theres little interest abojt them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad