LeBrun: Canadiens reached out to Capitals to offer one of their forwards (Dadonov, Hoffman, Drouin etc) and Capitals declined

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hoffman would be welcomed in Calgary.

Habs would trade Hoffman for cheap but Flames have to send cap back correct? Defeats the purpose of the Habs unloading Hoffman to clear up a roster spot and how tight we are to the cap.

Cap space is a massive issue for trades right now

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I just wonder where the Habs think they are, because if they swapped say Drouin and a 1st for Girard, which is dollars and cents an even trade, Montreal has something of a top 4 defense all of a sudden, and Colorado has depth scoring from a guy who lit up the Q with Mackinnon.
Even with that being a 2023 MTL 1st with no protections, I doubt the Avs FO would gamble Girard on something that happened a decade ago

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What about Armia or Pitlick.

I can see the Caps interested in Armia, Anderson, or Eddy but not Pitlick. Pitlick had a great time with the Habs last year while we were tanking but he's not going to get anything in a trade. Just like Drouin and Dadonov. Hoffman is tricky to evaluate IMO.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No one wants Habs garbage. Habs have some better pieces to trade if they are serious.

At this stage, nobody wants to hear what you have to say about the Habs. Too much disingenuous takes from the past and it has added up.

You could have said the last sentence only and we would have got your point. But you can't resist with using words like garbage.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
No one wants Habs garbage. Habs have some better pieces to trade if they are serious.
There was once, a GM took on Dion Phaneuf and his 7M dollar contract with years remaining..............anything is possible. I am sure there are other instances where we were all surprised that a certain GM gave up this for that.

To say that an NHL player is garbage? Foolish..............
Everyone gets that there are teams who have vets who are under producing and overpaid......calling them garbage is pretty poor.

Reactions: Rob Sense

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Ouch. Rejection.

But hey, props for putting it out there. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take, and all that.

But yikes. "Would you like one of our Forwards?" "NO".

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
At this stage, nobody wants to hear what you have to say about the Habs. Too much disingenuous takes from the past and it has added up.

You could have said the last sentence only and we would have got your point. But you can't resist with using words like garbage.
That’s garbage the GM is peddling. Bad contracts no one wants or needs. They can retain on Drouin at the deadline. If he’s playing.

NewtJorden

Unitas est Invicta
Aug 9, 2006
Rimouski
At this point, who would even want Dadonov, Hoffman or Drouin? I could at least see Drouin be better on another team as being far away from Montreal could salvage his career, but i dont think Dadonov or Hoffman could bring anything to another team at this moment.

Reactions: murrough

Wayfarer13

Jun 21, 2020

This person's self value is contingent on dumping on someone. He'd better get out on the ice and show us all that he can do better.

WSH: We need forwards
MTL: Here are some bad forwards on bad contracts
WSH: Ummm... no thanks...
MTL: 😮
Got a better offer on the table? Ovechkin is getting older.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Edmundson could absolutely fetch a 1st rounder at the NEXT TDL.
absolutely, its just that the guy made a sarcastic comment about Dadonof, Drouin, etc getting that ..
though i spit a coffee swig, the delivery of the irony and sarcasm was on point

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
At this point, who would even want Dadonov, Hoffman or Drouin? I could at least see Drouin be better on another team as being far away from Montreal could salvage his career, but i dont think Dadonov or Hoffman could bring anything to another team at this moment.
Meh, all 3 could fit on a team with plenty of grit but a lack of high end talent. Drouin can make a few amazing moves and is one of the only guys who can pretty consistently carry the puck in on the PP. The problem is the rest of his game is horribly uneven and his head just seems elsewhere. I expect whoever signs him as a UFA for a 1M deal this summer will be happy with him. Hoffman can play a bad game yet get a hat trick, since he's got that shot... Dadonov I just haven't gotten a read on yet.
I wish we'd kept Laurent Dauphin instead of any of these guys... Dauphin had limited talent but always worked hard and would be better filler (until better players come along) and a better role model than any of these 3.

• Haha
Reactions: murrough

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Would Armia be a fit for the Caps potentially?

With a pending contract he could actually fit pretty well for the Brown-spot and worth a shot. But with two added years on contract its not happening, too risky with how things are going for him.

Dadonov is pretty much Milano. No need. Drouin and Hoffman are too much of a reclamation projects at this point, Caps need players who they could count on right away.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad