LeBrun: Canadiens reached out to Capitals to offer one of their forwards (Dadonov, Hoffman, Drouin etc) and Capitals declined

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
No-one(with any sense) wants the Hab's shit forwards. Or any of their D for that matter. Or their Goalies. Now their picks, on the other hand.....
Come trade deadline there will be a market for Drou, Monahan, Hoff, maybe Dad.

Eddie and Savard would garner interest from lots of teams looking to bolster their blue lines for a playoff run. They'd be good 3rd pairing guys on most contenders and even 1st pairing guys on the Leafs.

Allen also happens to be a pretty solid goalie. Again, would be better than any goalie on the Leafs.

But alas, the Leafs probably couldn't afford any of our guys, as they have very little in the cupboard to offer us and absolutely no cap room for two years when Mustache and Nylander walk.

Drou to the Avs
Moneyhands to NYR
Hoffman to Edmonton
Dad to the Sun

Reactions: MXD

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Nearly spat out my coffee haha
I just got off a thread that said Edmundson wouldnt fetch a 1st at the TDL, and i got all worked up with my numbers and comparatives, and now this :D

Edmundson could absolutely fetch a 1st rounder at the NEXT TDL.

Reactions: Gaud

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
They absolutely could in February with 50% retention. You're also saving the caphit of the guy Drouin would be replacing (if there's a replaced player)
I was responding to “I wouldn't be surprised if Drouin ends up with the Avs right now” not February though.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
I am so glad all three of these guys are off the book after this season. All three are absolutely useless and garbage. Any Hab fan trying to pawn these useless bag of pucks to another team needs to give there heads a shake. These guys have done NOTHING since being signed to there deals. Drouin was a fail of a trade and Hoffman has done nothing since signing with us and Dads has been useless through all 10 games. Seriously guys stop trying to nit pick how to get something of value for these guys even with 50% retention because they are all crap and are still crap with retention.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
My medium temp take is that some team may take a chance on Dadonov. And if it's a team that wants him and has the means to compete, Dadonov would explode with a new renewed spirit and energy.

I think, at this current moment, is a sleeper for a "that was a hell of a pick up!" trade.

Reactions: CDN24

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I am so glad all three of these guys are off the book after this season. All three are absolutely useless and garbage. Any Hab fan trying to pawn these useless bag of pucks to another team needs to give there heads a shake. These guys have done NOTHING since being signed to there deals. Drouin was a fail of a trade and Hoffman has done nothing since signing with us and Dads has been useless through all 10 games. Seriously guys stop trying to nit pick how to get something of value for these guys even with 50% retention because they are all crap and are still crap with retention.
Hoffman isn't off the books...

My medium temp take is that some team may take a chance on Dadonov. And if it's a team that wants him and has the means to compete, Dadonov would explode with a new renewed spirit and energy.

I think, at this current moment, is a sleeper for a "that was a hell of a pick up!" trade.
That's definitely not the one I'd take a chance on amongst these three.

Reactions: Canadienna

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Hoffman has one year left after this year

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
E-JHCWnWUAAoYeO.jpg

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Connor Brown is out for the season.
That was gm.4, the latest injuries to Oshie (out indefinitely), Carlson (still day-to-day), and callup Malenstyn are what makes it more pressing,
esp with the top 3 RW's all down (w/Wilson still at least 4 weeks away)

To start the season:
Backstrom (LTIR - hip resurfacing, doubtful return to NHL)
Wilson (LTIR - ACL surgery, poss return start of Dec.)
Hagelin (LTIR - series of flow preservation procedures, questionable return to NHL)

Reactions: MXD

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I just wonder where the Habs think they are, because if they swapped say Drouin and a 1st for Girard, which is dollars and cents an even trade, Montreal has something of a top 4 defense all of a sudden, and Colorado has depth scoring from a guy who lit up the Q with Mackinnon.
Well Colorado would for sure not do that so we don't need to worry about that. Habs also are deeper at LD than literally any other position and could have basically a Sam Girard clone in three years in Lane Hutson

meh its ok dadonov and drouin are gone at years end anyways....hoffman though...woof
What do you mean he's the perfect replacement for Danault

Reactions: EquivalentStay

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
No-one(with any sense) wants the Hab's shit forwards. Or any of their D for that matter. Or their Goalies. Now their picks, on the other hand.....
The almighty Maple Leafs wouldn't take any of MTL players if they were available ? Not surprising to say the least since Toronto like the softness of their guys who prove year after year how good they are when the games matter the most ;)

Reactions: Andrewcoursol

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
I think Dadonov clears waivers, Hoffman has an extra year to his contract so he won’t be moved and Drouin maybeeeeee but at 50% could fetch a late round pick

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
The almighty Maple Leafs wouldn't take any of MTL players if they were available ? Not surprising to say the least since Toronto like the softness of their guys who prove year after year how good they are when the games matter the most ;)

No, none.

Also, I just listened to a CBC radio interview that said overcrowded living conditions in the city of Toronto is reaching unprecedented levels and I was shocked at the state we have reached. For instance, they mentioned that Auston Matthews had recently "shared a bed with four women". Now if a super rich Hockey player has to live in cramped conditions like that, then what's it going to be like for the rest of us? Worrisome, to be sure.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Well Chiarot/Lehkonen fetched 1st,2nd,Barron last deadline from 2 of the better teams in the NHL..

It's not that crazy to see guys like Monahan/Drouin (50%) /Edmundson/Savard/Evans/Armia won't get a little interest from teams.

Dadonov (after seeing him play) and Hoffman no hope IMO. Maybe retained Hoffman.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Backstrom, Oshie, Hagelin, and Brown are all out long-term and may not even return this season. Wilson is out until maybe the end of 2022. Carlson is hurt, though maybe not as bad as the others. Even one of our injury call-ups from the AHL got hurt after one game.
Ok makes sense, I guess I haven’t been paying close enough attention to other teams. Tbh I am having hard time watching the Habs too. Marc Bergevin caused long term damage.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I wouldn't be surprised if Drouin ends up with the Avs right now. They are forward thin, and at least Drouin could play spot duty with Mackinnon or reunite with Lehkonen, maybe recussitate his career like Nikuschkin, and give the Avs a semblance of two scoring lines with Landeskog out.

The only way for Drouin to save his career is to have a brand new wrist.

Kent Hughes is sweating because his competence has led to a better than expected group that is in danger of missing out on the top 3.

I can guarantee you that Kent Hughes would be ecstatic to not draft in the top 3.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Meh.... I could see the idea that Washington might be willing to give one of these guys a shot to fill a gap in their lineup, if they had retention or Montreal took a bad contract in return.

This is a case of asset and lineup management, not one of an exciting trade that fetches attractive assets for anyone.

ie, Drouin or Dadonov for a 3M player in the AHL might work for both teams, if Washington had one.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Backstrom, Oshie, Hagelin, and Brown are all out long-term and may not even return this season. Wilson is out until maybe the end of 2022. Carlson is hurt, though maybe not as bad as the others. Even one of our injury call-ups from the AHL got hurt after one game.

The phone call might not have been about Hoffman, Drouin, or Dadonov. We can assume it was them but Hughes is creative. Anderson might be in play. Any value to both Anderson and Edmundson?

Anderson and Eddy
for
Mantha and Miro (prospect who is dealing with cancer recovery).

* Any value to the Caps for unloading Hagelin? Is he on LTIR for the full season or it's it an unknown?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad