Rumor: Canadiens informed Pacioretty they will not negotiate a contract extension with him

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017

Wtf is this? Is Bergevin trying to screw the team over intentionally? I get they want to trade Patches but they are driving down his trade value with this crap, and they risk ultimately losing him for nothing. This is just dumb.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Just trade him for 5 cents on the dollar already Bergevin. You're gonna get fleeced anyway. BLOW IT UP MTL.
It seems he is determined to reduce the return on Patches even lower.

Can’t try to trade him without letting the rest of the NHL know that the Habs don’t even think he should have a spot on their roster.

Reactions: 780il

Jan 21, 2018
Couldn't see it happening from a leafs perspective. The habs would be wanting more than the leafs would be willing to give up

Sounds like yall could use some

cut.jpg

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Amazing to see things stoop so low for both Montreal and Ottawa, in such a short amount of time. It's like they're racing eachother to be the worst-run team in Canada.
I dream for the day where Melnyk and Bergevin join forces to run a team together... straight into the bowels of Hell... and that team is the Boston Bruins :naughty:

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Edmonton should put up Klefbom and Strome, to start, and see where it goes from there.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Wtf is this? Is Bergevin trying to screw the team over intentionally? I get they want to trade Patches but they are driving down his trade value with this crap, and they risk ultimately losing him for nothing. This is just dumb.

I don't think it has any bearing on this trade value. I'm sure Bergevin has already been in contact with almost every GM in the league making it known that they are trading Patches. The other GMs already know MTL isn't re-signing him and this "leak" of information won't have any bearing on his value. He'll be 31 when his next contract kicks in and he will want a huge dollar, long term deal. MTL is right not to sign him IMO.

Reactions: bukwas

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
I wouldn’t negotiate either. Even in his best years, he always disappears in the playoffs, and he’s not the kind of player you want your future young guns to look up to.

Let him go and name Gallagher captain.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
i would puke hard if Bjugstad is the main pieces coming back. at least if theres not 1st attached to him. i would realy not be surprised tho.

Bjugstad has more value than Pacioretty.

being a C and all.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
...Lol trade value finished. Bergevin is such a buffoon.

Last edited:

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I think GMs still really like Pacioretty. I have no idea how they managed to fumble their relationship so hard, but Bergevin clearly isn't the man for the job and the revolving door of francophone-coaches-or-bust is clearly a problem.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
One of the biggest playoff chokers of this era.

Teams wanting to win a Cup shouldn't be chasing him, he will not help anyone win a playoff series unless it's against the Bruins (and maybe it's more of the Hab effect at play there)

Teams really looking to make the playoffs should want him though: he will most likely be a big part of making it if they do make the post-season. Get him for one year, male the playoffs and see how it goes. Problem is no one is going to want to sign him to the contract he can rightfully expect due go his scoring prowess, do you want to give up the assets required (picks and prospects) for a one year rental when making the dance isn't a sure thing at all?

I say no. Maybe he gets traded at the deadline.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
return wont be high, he scored 17 goals last year lol. Also I dont think Bergevin is even capable of coming close to winning a trade the guy is awful.

Last edited:

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Teams shouldn’t give a f*** that Patches wants out of Montreal. Bergevin has run that team into the ground with Therrien and Julien.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
He shouldn't and likely won,t start the season in Montreal. Not sure it would be the best thing both for him and the team. It would just be another distraction which is probably the last thing the Habs need right now

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
they would prob want a center, there center depth is ahl quality lol.

not realy, our current roster center is trash yes, but our center depth being AHL quality is kinda wrong, Poehling developpement curve is looking realy good, Kotkaniemi could turn out realy good, then you got guys Hillis, Mcshane, oloffson who could create suprise! but yes either one of Kotkaniemi or poehling would need to end up being a 1C or its gonna be tough! unless we end up winning lottery in 19 or 20!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad