Rumor: Canadiens informed Pacioretty they will not negotiate a contract extension with him

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Dallas?

Something around Dellandrea?

I'd be fine with it as a Stars fan assuming Pacioretty signs with us, but I doubt it would happen right after he was just drafted.

Also doubt any move is made by Nill until a decision on Karlsson has been made

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I sure hope not.

Why would Dallas trade their most recent first round pick, for a pending UFA?

I'm not opposed to the Stars chasing Pacioretty - especially if they don't land Karlsson - but not at the cost of depleting a prospect cupboard that's already sorely lacking.

Well they have to offer something Montreal needs, and beat competing offers.

I don't think he's available for wingers and draft picks. Ok, maybe draft picks, but that would still deplete the pool.

(IMO, the pool ain't that bad.)

Reactions: Dr Pepper

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I sure hope not.

Why would Dallas trade their most recent first round pick, for a pending UFA?

I'm not opposed to the Stars chasing Pacioretty - especially if they don't land Karlsson - but not at the cost of depleting a prospect cupboard that's already sorely lacking.

Judging by our recent drafts picks and transactions, we probably want Honka and Hintz :laugh:

Reactions: Dr Pepper

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Any chance Toronto could trade for him as a 1 year rental? I would give up something decent if salary was retained.

LW could use a boost.

Sure but you are not gonna like return. We have so many wingers ready to take the leap and we really need to promote them on 3 year low cost deals. Second while we can afford him for the one year rental I wouldn't be willing to give anything more than our 2018 1st. This is unfair to MTL fans but reality is we already have amazing CTR depth, two young wingers (and great IMO) in Marner and Nylander and Marleau and the plow horse Hyman. Patches is a very good LW but he has caused myself a ton of money by veto-ing the the deals the Habs had on draft night. Now he is gonna play on an awful team in all likelihood and be traded for meh at the deadline.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
so it will be a top 6 winger?

There are these things called draft picks and a category of hockey players called prospects. Montreal has 14 forwards and 9 defensemen on 1-way contracts, not counting RFAs Danault and Armia. They aren't getting a top-6 center or top line D-men. They don't need warm bodies.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
This is all part of Bergervin's plan. He will wait him out, then he will swoop in and sign him to:

giphy.gif

Reactions: ChurchOfMatthews

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Can we add that they turned Zadina into Kotkaniemi? I realize that it isn’t technically what happened, but it’s pretty close.

I actually think Kotkaniemi will be a great player in a few years. Just don't rush the kid. This notion that he should be on your team is a joke. Let him come to training camp, send him back to Finland or to the AHL. Rinse and repeat next year and when Phoeling is ready you got a great 1, 2 punch. You don't need Zadina.

Reactions: strongcomp05

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
Pacioretty probably informed them first that he doesnt want to sign with them lmao

Damn. How far have the habs fallen...

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
“Hey everyone, you can have this guy next year for 0 assets. Who wants him this year? Bidding starts at 2 1sts.”

Solid plan

Reactions: SteadyFreddie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad