Rumor: Canadiens informed Pacioretty they will not negotiate a contract extension with him

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I’ll play along. Cause these are always entertaining.

Pacioretty 64gp 17g 20a 37pts -16 118 hits atoi 19:00

Backes (with half his intestines) 67gp 14g 19a 33pts +2 137 hits atoi 15:24

So tell me again why Boston is adding for the unibrow guy? Cause I don’t see it

I don't know what trade you're referencing but; Skill level. You're not paying for a guys stats on another team you're paying for how he'd play on your team. There are a lot of players who put up big points that would have a huge decline in production on different teams and systems, and visa versa.

wesleysnipe

Jul 2, 2017
You think that Pacioretty would be the difference between the leafs winning or losing the cup :laugh::laugh:?

The leafs are fine without Pacioretty, they don't need another 3rd line winger to play with Kadri next year.

Plus he's a defensive liability.

holy shit the knowledge from certain leafs fan is incredible pacioretty a 3rd line player? defensive liability ..yes you sure know a lot about hockey..for the love of god hahaha

Reactions: Deam78

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
From Marc Dumont:
Players that have scored more goals than Pacioretty since 2012:
- Ovechkin
- Seguin
- Crosby
- Tavares
- Kane
- Benn
- Pavelski
- Tarasenko
- Marchand.
End of list.
whatever makes you feel better. the guy is a depreciating asset that wont fetch you a kings bounty that montreal fans think theyre getting for him.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
If true, then Canadiens just gave up major value.

If they aren't even negotiating with a soon to be UFA, then why would other teams pay for him.

edit: I should specify, they could pay a rental price of maybe a late 1st and 3rd. As far as prospects go, maybe some low chance dude.

Last edited:

smirob

Jun 2, 2014

I usually don’t see posters factor in physical appearance on trade discussions.

I do often see them take sample sizes or only consider playoff performance to try to make a point though. Seems for Patches that regular season stats are thrown out when considering value?

Reactions: strongcomp05

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I don't know what trade you're referencing but; Skill level. You're not paying for a guys stats on another team you're paying for how he'd play on your team. There are a lot of players who put up big points that would have a huge decline in production on different teams and systems, and visa versa.
Is Pacioretty playing ahead of Marchand? Debrusk? No and no.

That makes him a third line winger. Like Backes. Boston has that guy already. Who is more impactful on the ice with less ice time and fewer body parts.

Sorry. The offer is now one shiny 3rd round pick. Judging by Montreal management they will counter with a 4th

Reactions: ConorMcGregor

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
From Marc Dumont:
Players that have scored more goals than Pacioretty since 2012:
- Ovechkin
- Seguin
- Crosby
- Tavares
- Kane
- Benn
- Pavelski
- Tarasenko
- Marchand.
End of list.

They're going to sell him for pennies on the dollar...

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country

That makes him a third line winger. Like Backes. Boston has that guy already. Who is more impactful on the ice with less ice time and fewer body parts.

Sorry. The offer is now one shiny 3rd round pick. Judging by Montreal management they will counter with a 4th
lol. I like that.

This goes right up there with Yave saying "Ottawa managed to come in 4th in a 3 way trade" after they traded hoffman:laugh:

Reactions: easton117

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

He's easily play ahead of Debrusk. Just when you think someone can't look any more stupid.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
What does nationality have to do with anything?

Potentially nothing. When your record of attracting and retaining players is as poor as the Oilers though, every little counts.

I wasn't trying to tarnish him as a player or anything just because he is American if that's what you were thinking.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Is that really the best you could come up with? Wow.. you poor poor hab fan. Enjoy the next 5-10 years in the basement, perhaps longer with Bergevin at the helm.

Hey, maybe Bergevin will be able to snag Loui Eriksson for Pacioretty, it'd be a similar return to what you got for Subban in Shea Weber. Someone out of their prime and always injured with a large cap hit!

Anyway, enjoy watching your team battle for last place as I watch my leafs compete for 1st with Tavares and Matthews :P

Feel free to get off your high horse any time, wow.

wesleysnipe

Jul 2, 2017

so backes was playing on a good team versus patch on a very bad habs team with no center...lol come on dude no gm in the league would trade pacioretty at 4.5m for backes straight up..stop living in a fantasy world..jesus

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015

https://twitter.com/MarcPDumont/status/1016777549828050944

Don't have to like Pacioretty, but you're just stupid if you think he's anything less than a phenomenal goal scorer stuck on a bad team.

Patches trade value has now entered the Hoffman zone

Not even remotely. Hoffman comes with a warning label of a potential locker room cancer thanks to his psychotic girlfriend. Hoffman also HAD to be moved because E.K was probably not starting the season with Hoffman on his team, and they needed to make a push to keep their franchise player.

Pacioretty is still eligible for a sign-and-trade, and the Habs don't HAVE to move him; they're choosing to (albeit in a very public way). If Bergevin trades him without a sign & trade, and/or gets less value than an extended Pacioretty is worth than he should be fired into the sun.

This team has been managed into the ground; going from a cup contender to a joke of a team in under four years due to poor decision after poor decision by management. Sadly, this group can actually rebound and fix itself with some smart moves, and the personnel changes are indicative of a new, brighter future --- If Bergevin can't get this trade right, this franchise is f***ed six-ways to Sunday, so I doubt he misfires on this deal.

I have zero intrest in re-signing him to an anchor.

Max likely gets 7x7 (give or take 1m) --- if he's putting up 35+ goals, he's worth every penny. He can kill penalties, and he scores a lot of goals. Put him with a 1C, and give him some favorable offensive deployment and you have yourself a 40+ goal guy for several years. He's not worth Kucherov money, but he's worth Couture-type money.

Shad

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto has a great young team coming up but were a joke for about a decade before 2016.

What impressed me is that the t.o. fans were never convinced their team was a joke. It was either delusion or inverse trolling.

We need to learn these skills habs fans.

I'm pretty sure most Habs fans think the team sucks.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Don't have to like Pacioretty, but you're just stupid if you think he's anything less than a phenomenal goal scorer stuck on a bad team.

Not even remotely. Hoffman comes with a warning label of a potential locker room cancer thanks to his psychotic girlfriend. Hoffman also HAD to be moved because E.K was probably not starting the season with Hoffman on his team, and they needed to make a push to keep their franchise player.

Pacioretty is still eligible for a sign-and-trade, and the Habs don't HAVE to move him; they're choosing to (albeit in a very public way). If Bergevin trades him without a sign & trade, and/or gets less value than an extended Pacioretty is worth than he should be fired into the sun.

This team has been managed into the ground; going from a cup contender to a joke of a team in under four years due to poor decision after poor decision by management. Sadly, this group can actually rebound and fix itself with some smart moves, and the personnel changes are indicative of a new, brighter future --- If Bergevin can't get this trade right, this franchise is ****ed six-ways to Sunday, so I doubt he misfires on this deal.

Max likely gets 7x7 (give or take 1m) --- if he's putting up 35+ goals, he's worth every penny. He can kill penalties, and he scores a lot of goals. Put him with a 1C, and give him some favorable offensive deployment and you have yourself a 40+ goal guy for several years. He's not worth Kucherov money, but he's worth Couture-type money.

You know he'll turn 31y soon after that season starts? Team isn't getting a 25y Pacioretty.

If teams buy his past CV not looking into the future they end up with a massive anchor.
Eriksson/Ladd/Okposo/Backes/Seabrook/Lucic 2.0.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Potentially nothing. When your record of attracting and retaining players is as poor as the Oilers though, every little counts.

I wasn't trying to tarnish him as a player or anything just because he is American if that's what you were thinking.

I was more just confused why it was brought up, to be honest. I didn't know the Oilers had a hard time retaining players. No hard feelings :)

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Is that really the best you could come up with? Wow.. you poor poor hab fan. Enjoy the next 5-10 years in the basement, perhaps longer with Bergevin at the helm.

Hey, maybe Bergevin will be able to snag Loui Eriksson for Pacioretty, it'd be a similar return to what you got for Subban in Shea Weber. Someone out of their prime and always injured with a large cap hit!

Anyway, enjoy watching your team battle for last place as I watch my leafs compete for 1st with Tavares and Matthews :P
67 and counting. This :lol: coming from a guy that has NEVER seen his team win a cup and still may never see it.
Come back when you have actually won something.

ComixZone

Jul 24, 2005
What would Habs fans say to:

To CGY:
Max Pacioretty (6 years, 6M per extension)

To MTL:
2019 1st round pick
2020 2nd round pick
Troy Brouwer
Michael Stone

Montreal could then retain on both Brouwer and Stone while flipping them for additional picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad