Rumor: Canadiens informed Pacioretty they will not negotiate a contract extension with him

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Montreal turned:
Pacioretty
Subban
Galchenyuk
Sergachev

Into:
?
32 y.o. Shea Weber coming off another major surgery (with 8 years left on a $7.85 cap hit)
5'9 winger Max Domi
winger forced center Jonathan Drouin

bring on the pain of the Pacioretty return

Can we add that they turned Zadina into Kotkaniemi? I realize that it isn’t technically what happened, but it’s pretty close.

SteadyFreddie

Jun 11, 2018
Yeah I mean wanting to win a Stanley cup doesn't make any sense at all.
You think that Pacioretty would be the difference between the leafs winning or losing the cup :laugh::laugh:?

The leafs are fine without Pacioretty, they don't need another 3rd line winger to play with Kadri next year.

Plus he's a defensive liability.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
You think that Pacioretty would be the difference between the leafs winning or losing the cup :laugh::laugh:?

The leafs are fine without Pacioretty, they don't need another 3rd line winger to play along Kadri next year.

Wait who are you talking about? lmao HFboard will never stop impressing me with stupid statement.

Pacioretty, 3rd line, Defensive liability, is 3 things that don't belong in the same sentence.

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
i honestly was just going to right i feel like a random team like New jersey would jump in... Not realy high on your trade proposal but i realy feel like new jersey will secretly pop out of nowhere!
At this point the devils have to do something to get better lol

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

The leafs are fine without Pacioretty, they don't need another 3rd line winger to play with Kadri next year.

Not surprising to see another Leaf fan that knows nothing about Patches.
LMAO. He'd be your best winger ,best goal scoring winger while being your best defensive winger all at the same time. Some one needs to put the pipe away.

member 157595

LMAO. He'd be your best winger ,best goal scoring winger while being your best defensive winger all at the same time. Some one needs to put the pipe away.

Not even Max Pacioretty's family thinks he's a better hockey player than Mitch Marner.

Reactions: SteadyFreddie

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Is this really a surprise? He's going to be 30 when his extension kicks in and it's going to be a high dollar, long term deal. MTL is right not to sign him to an extension given where they are right now. Try to trade him now, and if that doesn't work out, trade him at the deadline for a late 1st+.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
"I quit!"
"You can't quit, you're fired!"
"You can't fire me, I already quit!"

Reactions: OmniCube

SteadyFreddie

Jun 11, 2018
Wait who are you talking about? lmao HFboard will never stop impressing me with stupid statement.

Pacioretty, 3rd line, Defensive liability, is 3 things that don't belong in the same sentence.

I mean, Pacioretty only put up 37 points in 64 games while getting 1st line minutes, if he were to go to an elite offensive team like the leafs, he wouldn't be getting anywhere near the amount of icetime he got while playing for the habs.

If you wanted to compare him to Kadri, Kadri was only getting 16:46 minutes per game while Pacioretty was getting 19:01 a game. Plus Kadri was playing against the other team's top offensive lines, in a defensive roll, while still being able to score 32 goals and put up 55 points in limited minutes. Pacioretty was playing on the first line, I mean if he were to go to the leafs, he'd be on the third line.

Not surprising to see another Leaf fan that knows nothing about Patches.

Lol come on buddy, our best winger? I think you're the one that needs to put the pipe away...

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Amazing to see things stoop so low for both Montreal and Ottawa, in such a short amount of time. It's like they're racing eachother to be the worst-run team in Canada.
Of course I guess this is just a rumor thread but I totally agree with you. What is MTL doing?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
This seems like a very odd way of running a business. Assuming the reporter is accurate here, why would the team take this stance publicly? What if Max took a bargain deal to stay? Not saying he would but to just come out and publicly say your done with one of your players obviously destroys his trade value and pigeon holes you into letting him walk for nothing. Stupid stupid decision making going on.
Technically, they didn't make this public. Seems like a leak to me.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I mean, Pacioretty only put up 37 points in 64 games while getting 1st line minutes, if he were to go to an elite offensive team like the leafs, he wouldn't be getting anywhere near the amount of icetime he got while playing for the habs.

If you wanted to compare him to Kadri, Kadri was only getting 16:46 minutes per game while Pacioretty was getting 19:01 a game. Plus Kadri was playing against the other team's top offensive lines, in a defensive roll, while still being able to score 32 goals and put up 55 points in limited minutes. Pacioretty was playing on the first line, I mean if he were to go to the leafs, he'd be on the third line.

Lol come on buddy, our best winger? I think you're the one that needs to put the pipe away...

yeah because we have never seen a player have 1 bad season and rebound... the guy needs credit for the numbers he pull off without any 1C in his whole career and you stated defensive liability when he's defensive game is on point... Pair him with any of Tavares, Matthews or kadri and you'll be suprise how good of a complimentary winger he is.

Reactions: Habsddicted

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Dallas?

Something around Dellandrea?

I sure hope not.

Why would Dallas trade their most recent first round pick, for a pending UFA?

I'm not opposed to the Stars chasing Pacioretty - especially if they don't land Karlsson - but not at the cost of depleting a prospect cupboard that's already sorely lacking.

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015

If you want to compare points or P/60 , for the habs you need to add because you wont get points playing with this D squad. Weber/Alzner/Benn/Schlemko/Juulsen are not PMD. The puck goes out by the glass, Pac was good with the stretch pass coming from Subban/Markov/Beaulieu. Anyway, i don't want habs to sign that guy. Trade him for future, and add picks and prospects. Watch out Sens you'll have competition!

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Amazing to see things stoop so low for both Montreal and Ottawa, in such a short amount of time. It's like they're racing eachother to be the worst-run team in Canada.
Tfw these 2 tire fires are so awful everyone forgets Hall-Larsson Barzal-Reinhart and Eberle-Strome. Yikes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad