Post-Game Talk: Canadiens at Rangers - November 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
It's kind of mind-boggling that every forward got a point on only five goals. The generous scoring given on MSL's goal don't even matter, because J Moore is not a forward and Kreider had another assist.

Beautiful, beautiful game. Wonder if Habs fans are saying this would have been a 1-0 Montreal shootout win if only Price had started.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
It's kind of mind-boggling that every forward got a point on only five goals. The generous scoring given on MSL's goal don't even matter, because J Moore is not a forward and Kreider had another assist.

Beautiful, beautiful game. Wonder if Habs fans are saying this would have been a 1-0 Montreal shootout win if only Price had started.

It would have been an even bigger blowout after Kreider ran over Price forcing a cold Tokarski into the net.

RothmanHockey

NEW YORK – Many of the same cast of characters that sent the Rangers to the Stanley Cup Final last spring sent them to this season’s quarter pole in convincing fashion.

Martin St. Louis, who scored the overtime winner in Game 4 of the conference final against Montreal had a goal and an assist against the Habs on Sunday, while Dominic Moore, who scored the series-clinching goal in Game 6 last year, scored his first of the season as the Rangers smoked the Habs 5-0 at Madison Square Garden in their 20th game of the season.

http://www.insidehockey.com/familiar-faces-send-rangers-over-habs/

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Just sets it up perfectly for Wednesday. Marty needs two points to break a thousand that game. Would be too perfect if he did it in Amalie.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
Hard to justify scratching Fast after an impressive game like that. It'll happen though. Tanner had an assist!

Edit: My only post relating to the game can't be negative. Great performance tonight, all around.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
10641209_732807740144438_9200091859158886671_n.jpg

That's gonna be my new thing every time he scores :laugh:

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
A team with speed and skill like the Rangers exposes the lack of structure in my team like nothing else. NYR really have our number, and I think it will be the case for the forseeable future. I turned it off at 2-0, as it was obvious what was to follow: a good ol' fashioned whipping.

Here's hoping we don't face you in the playoffs.

Elevate

May 30, 2014
Solid team effort. If the consistency issues are ironed out I'll be very hopeful for this season.

And Marty's goal on the breakaway, my god. Such a beauty.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Great win all around, literally nothing to complain about. A little rest and some practice goes a long way.

AHB*

How is it sketchy then? If Emelin didnt touch it then possession when from Moore, to Kreider, to MSL.

Completely agree. It went from two Ranger sticks to another Rangers stick. I think it's more sketchy to gives assists after saves goalies make which they do all the time.

Just because this wasn't a clean pass doesn't mean they weren't assists.

Will really be pissed if Fast is scratched in favor of Glass. There is a reason the 4th line has looked better recently and it ain't the sudden emergence of Glass.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Completely agree. It went from two Ranger sticks to another Rangers stick. I think it's more sketchy to gives assists after saves goalies make which they do all the time.

Just because this wasn't a clean pass doesn't mean they weren't assists.

Will really be pissed if Fast is scratched in favor of Glass. There is a reason the 4th line has looked better recently and it ain't the sudden emergence of Glass.

Players often shoot specifically to try and create a rebound. I don't have an issue with it.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
How is it sketchy then? If Emelin didnt touch it then possession when from Moore, to Kreider, to MSL.

Do you have Game Center? Watch the condensed version. The St. Louis goal is around the 5 minute mark. John Moore chipped it lightly up the boards from behind the goal line, and Kredier looked as if he was just trying to clear it from the zone. That was all St. Louis. If you want to give the assist to Kreider, then fine, but that was an incredibly weak for a second assist.

AHB*

Players often shoot specifically to try and create a rebound. I don't have an issue with it.

I don't have an issue with them giving assists there either, but if we're going to discuss semantics, I think yesterday's assists on MSL's breakaway are better justified than the rebound assists.

For the record, I think both are legit. Even if the player isn't purposely shooting at a goalie, they're usually banging away and/or involved heavily in creating the opp that leads to the goal.

AHB*

Do you have Game Center? Watch the condensed version. The St. Louis goal is around the 5 minute mark. John Moore chipped it lightly up the boards from behind the goal line, and Kredier looked as if he was just trying to clear it from the zone. That was all St. Louis. If you want to give the assist to Kreider, then fine, but that was an incredibly weak for a second assist.

The puck went from two Rangers sticks directly to MSL's stick without touching a Habs skater. There's no grey area here. Should we not give Hags the goal yesterday either just because that play was basically all Duclair?

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
The puck went from two Rangers sticks directly to MSL's stick without touching a Habs skater. There's no grey area here. Should we not give Hags the goal yesterday either just because that play was basically all Duclair?

I'm glad you replied with an argument that wasn't a stretch.

Anyway, they don't always award the second assist even if it was played before the opponents possession. It was a very weak assist, I've seen those types of plays not awarded assist often, and my original response was more tongue in cheek to a poster who was upset about accidentally voting for John Moore on the stars of the game poll.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I'm glad you replied with an argument that wasn't a stretch.

Anyway, they don't always award the second assist even if it was played before the opponents possession. It was a very weak assist, I've seen those types of plays not awarded assist often, and my original response was more tongue in cheek to a poster who was upset about accidentally voting for John Moore on the stars of the game poll.

You really think that that happens? Those plays are ALWAYS awarded assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad